Heads Up CenturyLink Customers!!!

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Veteran member
Default Heads Up CenturyLink Customers!!!

A quote from the Article Linked Below.

Quote:
Ars Technica Quote:

CenturyLink next week will begin charging data overage fees very similar to the ones that Comcast has implemented.

Like Comcast, CenturyLink is charging the fees in part of its territory as a "trial" designed to gauge customer response before a wider rollout. The fees are also $10 for every 50GB of additional data, the same as Comcast.

Ars Technica: CenturyLink charges data overage fees, may disconnect “excessive” users
Old 07-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Is any part of the VIllages in the 'trial' area?

Old 07-20-2016, 06:30 PM

The "usage based billing trial" will start July 26 in Yakima, Washington only. There are different monthly limits depending on speeds, which are quite low on CenturyLink's DSL network. Service plans with speeds of 7Mbps or less will get 300GB a month before overage charges kick in, while plans that are faster than 7Mbps will get 600GB. (Comcast recently boosted its cap from 300GB to 1TB.)

I have Century Link with 40mps. Where can I go to view my monthly usage history?
Old 07-20-2016, 07:01 PM
Sage

I average about 20 gigabytes/day but I am not typical. My router logs the bandwidth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillBill View Post
The "usage based billing trial" will start July 26 in Yakima, Washington only. There are different monthly limits depending on speeds, which are quite low on CenturyLink's DSL network. Service plans with speeds of 7Mbps or less will get 300GB a month before overage charges kick in, while plans that are faster than 7Mbps will get 600GB. (Comcast recently boosted its cap from 300GB to 1TB.)

I have Century Link with 40mps. Where can I go to view my monthly usage history?
Closed Thread

Tags
centurylink, fees, comcast, data, overage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.