Home Invasion/Robbery - suggestion

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2014, 09:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
One thing I would ask you to keep in mind is that some of have been armed most of their lives for one reason or another. And they do not do any differently now that they are seniors.
Their are very many retired law enforcement individuals in TV. Very many of them carry to this day because they did most of their lives. In addition some of the law enforcement folks may have some individuals from their past they hope they never meet....hence they "carry".

So it is not as though some have just made a choice to have a weapon for what ever reason.

Others who elect to have a weapon for home defense or who elect to carry a concealed weapon.....guns draw a negative reaction from the uniformed. Most of the population knows about guns what they see in the movies and television. And in recent years guns just happen to be the choice of producers to incite and portray violence. Why can't the view of guns be just like any other magnified, sensationalizing subject encounter?

It is no different than the thought process of why folks have insurance. You buy it hoping you never have to use it. Those who choose to be prepared whether with a gun or martial arts or what ever else.....should be viewed no differently.

And by no means none of what I present is intended to change anybody's views on guns. Just appreciate and respect the others choices.....which too many will not do just because the subject is "guns".
Excellent post ... not much else to say after you've said it so well.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklesweep View Post
I agree too--finally some common sense rather than non-thinking emotional reaction. However, unless I'm missing something, I fail to see any "condemnation" in the posting or, for that matter, throughout the thread.
Condemnation?" Sorry, but condemnation of what?
The bad guys? If that's what you mean, it's pretty obvious that's a given derived from all the posts.

Guns? That will always be a debatable topic.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.