Honda of Ocala - bait and cram

Old 03-29-2024, 10:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerhiker View Post
Received my invitation in the mail to save on service. 15% off for Saturday service.

Got a verbal phone quote from 'service writer' and made an appointment, and mentioned my coupon.

When I got there, the reception "ticket writer" said sign here. I told her that is twice as much as guy on the phone told me, but I also noticed it was for "diagnostics" no mention of the single issue I went in for.

Oh, and by the way I told the original guy I had a 15% off coupon.
Received a smirk* - not worth the postcard it is written on.

Q. So will the diagnostics include fixing the problem?
ans: "No!"
Q. So how much more to fix the problem?
ans: "We can't tell you that until after the diagnostics."

So you want a blank check?
I walked in a huff. First and last trip there. Two gallons of gas, and three hours round-trip.
One strike and you are out ! Maybe my last Honda.

* smirk Non-verbal language translation:
"You are stupid, stupid, stupid."
from the movie Rain Man - Oscar for Dustin Hoffman, another award for Tom Cruise.
All these places have business licenses,my phantasy is that governing bodies that regulate them would send in "secret shoppers" who would document the "theft by deception " charge them criminally pull their license, one can only imagine how much money this would save the people in the community,, but the "trade " groups would have a real problem with this, so any politician who supported this kind of effort would see any campaign donation dry up and any opponent would see their donation skyrocket
Old 03-29-2024, 10:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbomaybe View Post
All these places have business licenses,my phantasy is that governing bodies that regulate them would send in "secret shoppers" who would document the "theft by deception " charge them criminally pull their license, one can only imagine how much money this would save the people in the community,, but the "trade " groups would have a real problem with this, so any politician who supported this kind of effort would see any campaign donation dry up and any opponent would see their donation skyrocket
Great point
Legislatures everywhere are stuffed with attorneys. Since most are ‘part time’ legislators and operate full time law practices.....any common sense legislation of any kind (ex; consumer, dui, criminal sentencing etc)....that competes with their ability to make money, will die in committee.

(Apologies in advance to any that deem the above political!)
Old 03-29-2024, 11:24 AM
Default jenkins

You must really hate your money if you are contemplating doing business with Jenkins. Don't you realize that these guys went to SCAM school.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:30 AM
Sage

Jenkins Honda in Leesburg was able to handle the Takata airbag recall just fine. They also have good prices on maintenance parts in their Parts Department. I would not use them for service otherwise as there are independent garages that are closer and probably lower cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgeezer View Post
You must really hate your money if you are contemplating doing business with Jenkins. Don't you realize that these guys went to SCAM school.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:56 AM
Veteran member

Bought our 2017 Honda from. Not a good experience at all.
Old 03-29-2024, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston1945 View Post
By all means, find yourself a local shop for your Impala. The thermostat for your car cost around $12.97 The dealer charge for the diagnostic was $176.00.So you paid $650.00 and the cost of that thermostat with the labor came to $474.00 For the record next time go on line and use Partsgeek .com and check the prices for auto and truck parts.
Thanks for the reply. They replaced the housing too, which for OEM is around $100. Whether or not it needed the whole housing I can't tell you. The labor was high but not outrageous, $374. The thermostat and housing was $175 and another $27 in coolant. I know they mark up the cost of their parts but that's high in my opinion. I am assuming that has something to do with it being in The villages.

Changing a thermostat on this particular model is a major headache for a do-it-yourselfer. I was going to do it until I watched a video. Yikes. No thanks. It's not like the old days where the thermostat was on top of the engine block unfortunately.

In the end it was really the diagnostic cost me irked me the most. The whole job should've cost about $450.
Old 03-29-2024, 01:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switter View Post
Thanks for the reply. They replaced the housing too, which for OEM is around $100. Whether or not it needed the whole housing I can't tell you. The labor was high but not outrageous, $374. The thermostat and housing was $175 and another $27 in coolant. I know they mark up the cost of their parts but that's high in my opinion. I am assuming that has something to do with it being in The villages.

Changing a thermostat on this particular model is a major headache for a do-it-yourselfer. I was going to do it until I watched a video. Yikes. No thanks. It's not like the old days where the thermostat was on top of the engine block unfortunately.

In the end it was really the diagnostic cost me irked me the most. The whole job should've cost about $450.
Love the Impala. A Chevy staple (was). I had a Chevy Lemona.....errr Lumina. Same thing, had to take apart half the engine just to get to and change out the battery
Old 03-30-2024, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerhiker View Post
Received my invitation in the mail to save on service. 15% off for Saturday service.

Got a verbal phone quote from 'service writer' and made an appointment, and mentioned my coupon.

When I got there, the reception "ticket writer" said sign here. I told her that is twice as much as guy on the phone told me, but I also noticed it was for "diagnostics" no mention of the single issue I went in for.

Oh, and by the way I told the original guy I had a 15% off coupon.
Received a smirk* - not worth the postcard it is written on.

Q. So will the diagnostics include fixing the problem?
ans: "No!"
Q. So how much more to fix the problem?
ans: "We can't tell you that until after the diagnostics."

So you want a blank check?
I walked in a huff. First and last trip there. Two gallons of gas, and three hours round-trip.
One strike and you are out ! Maybe my last Honda.

* smirk Non-verbal language translation:
"You are stupid, stupid, stupid."
from the movie Rain Man - Oscar for Dustin Hoffman, another award for Tom Cruise.
We just bought from headquarters Honda in Clermont. Not one bad thing to say excellent experience

Tags
service, told, diagnostics, stupid, ans

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.