Hotel cleanliness

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2020, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,049 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
Shocking! Thanks for posting this. However, to be fair to the cleaning staff, changing and washing and drying and ironing a full set of sheets isn’t cheap, and I suspect that staff are used to recognizing when sheets haven’t been slept in. Those sheets And pillowcases may have been sprayed with invisible ink, but it was clear that no one had slept on them. Why change them if they haven’t been touched, even now? There wouldn’t be any active virus on them. Even in the instance where the bed wasn’t remade, it looked like no one had slept there. I’ve often slept in a room with two queen beds, but I only use one. Sometimes I’ve laid a suitcase or clothes on the other bed. I certainly wouldn’t expect the cleaning staff to change sheets on that bed. In expensive hotels, it’s not unheard of for people to rent a room but end up sleeping in someone else’s room.

The handprint and the fingerprints on the remote control concern me, but if the staff thinks the room hasn’t been used, why would they clean the remote control or the thermostat? They would assume it hadn’t been touched.

It would be interesting to run the same tests on rooms that have clearly been used—where the remote control is on an unmade bed and the air conditioning temp has been changed and there are wet towels. I suspect that the cleaning would be much more thorough.

I’d also like to see that the cleaning staff are wearing masks properly and gloves. Also, what is the quality of the air filtration? Is there a HEPA filter? Probably not. When did someone last use the room? Has it been aired out?
The problem is we have no way of knowing and going by trust in someone we do not know.

Therefore no hotels for us at this time.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
Inside Edition's goal is to shock the viewers for higher ratings. Gotta take their stories with a grain of salt.
Very true but when your life is at stake ______.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:28 AM

Which hotel brand was that?
Old 07-02-2020, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
Yes it showed Trumps $600 a night rooms in NY. Chamber maids are under managements direction. If you believe all businesses are doing super cleaning after you vacate a room or table your kidding yourself.
It was demonstrated in Trump's hotel, the sheets were changed, towels changed but the pillow cases were not changed. Again....did anyone really sleep in the bed?
Old 07-02-2020, 11:02 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Stay home or Take a RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
There have been "investigative" stories about hotel room (un)cleanliness for many years, but all these chains now have heartfelt articles on their websites about how much they care about staff and guests in these difficult times and all the extra steps they're taking to sanitize, blah blah. Yeah maybe, maybe not.

Housekeeping staff often have more to do than time allows.
Bottom line, I will stay home or take my RV and pass on a hotel room for now.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:11 AM

Thank you for the note. We are driving to Wisconsin end of July, or hope to. Sounds like sleeping bags may be in order. Again, many thanks.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:14 AM

The air conditioning is my biggest concern.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:37 PM

I am curious to know what hotel let’s the room sit vacant for three days
Old 07-02-2020, 06:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob85 View Post
I am curious to know what hotel let’s the room sit vacant for three days
Probably not on purpose but lack of demand
Closed Thread

Tags
bed, guests, sheets, hotel, changed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.