FORTE!!!! please vote now!!

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Veteran member
Default FORTE!!!! please vote now!!

America's Got Talent finalists are Forte a group of 3 tenors singing opera. Just so happens one of them is from Belleview and often sings at The Villages. Please go to NBC.com now and put in your 10 votes for these fine young men. I think you have plenty of time to vote, winner announced tomorrow.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjo View Post
america's got talent finalists are forte a group of 3 tenors singing opera. Just so happens one of them is from belleview and often sings at the villages. Please go to nbc.com now and put in your 10 votes for these fine young men. I think you have plenty of time to vote, winner announced tomorrow.
done!!!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Gold member

Me too!

Xavier
Old 09-17-2013, 10:30 PM

They are great, I hope all 3 can come here and sing
Old 09-17-2013, 10:31 PM
Gold member

10 votes here
Old 09-17-2013, 10:54 PM
Sage

Here too!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:10 AM
Veteran member

The good thing here is you are not just voting because he is a local boy with village ties, but they really are very good and have been the best talent every show in which they sang in.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:13 AM
Platinum member

They are truly amazing. Please vote!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:47 AM
Platinum member

They deserve to win. There was a lot of good talent but they were by far the best. I voted my e-mail block. I actually got "goosebumps" watching them. Love the way they solo and then blend those magnificent voices. Great choice of songs too.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:08 AM
Sage
Default Got my votes

Voted last night....ten votes! They should be very proud, whatever the outcome.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Sage

I know I'm always debbie-downer but they are basically tenor opera style singers. Great? sure. Worthy of a year contract in Vegas? Doubt it. There isn't much room for this style on a national level. Sure you have a couple (Groban, Bocellli etc.) but it's real tough to make a strong show that would appeal to the limited audience for this music. Singers from the other shows (Idol, Voice etc.) have a chance due to the millions of people who listen to current pop music. Operatic style is too limited for a mass appeal.

Just my 2c.

But they were great last night.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Veteran member

I was trying to compare them to the other acts. First Forte was flawless and have been every time including last night, the magicians tricks were pretty lame. Te first trick I figured out after I watched it again. Check how he deals and picks the second card for Heidi. He needs a lot of work and is too green to have an overall act.

The oriental dancer was amazing the first few times you saw him. But last night he just about showed you in his second performance that he is running empty now.

The country guy? Just another country guy. These guys always get into the finals and I can remember one guy winning, the chicken farmer guy, who was just a terrible country singer. This guy is good and he has the look which is the most important ingredient in country these days.

Camy is a great looking girl with a nice voice. She might win.

The comedian is not funny. Not being funny as a comedian is a bad flaw.

Well just my two cents. Forte has been amazing each and every week they could not do anything else to improve their performances.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkei View Post
I was trying to compare them to the other acts. First Forte was flawless and have been every time including last night, the magicians tricks were pretty lame. Te first trick I figured out after I watched it again. Check how he deals and picks the second card for Heidi. He needs a lot of work and is too green to have an overall act.

The oriental dancer was amazing the first few times you saw him. But last night he just about showed you in his second performance that he is running empty now.

The country guy? Just another country guy. These guys always get into the finals and I can remember one guy winning, the chicken farmer guy, who was just a terrible country singer. This guy is good and he has the look which is the most important ingredient in country these days.

Camy is a great looking girl with a nice voice. She might win.

The comedian is not funny. Not being funny as a comedian is a bad flaw.

Well just my two cents. Forte has been amazing each and every week they could not do anything else to improve their performances.
First of all - this is 2013 - we don't use the phrase 'oriental' any longer.

But I can see that guy producing a watchable 1 hour act in Vegas. He has lots of imagination and he would have the resources to produce something more stunning in that environment.

I do see the others having limited appeal. The magician was relatively lame IMHO. The country guy has a chance at reaching an audience (especially since he can write his own material).
Old 09-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Veteran member

Voted for Kenchi, Collins Key, and Taylor Williams, in order of appearance.
Used three phone lines, Twitter, and Internet.

Watched all shows this season as usual.

Preferred some of the others but they lost along the way. Hoping for Taylor Williams, My lovely wife prefers Kenechi. Hard choice.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
First of all - this is 2013 - we don't use the phrase 'oriental' any longer.

But I can see that guy producing a watchable 1 hour act in Vegas. He has lots of imagination and he would have the resources to produce something more stunning in that environment.

I do see the others having limited appeal. The magician was relatively lame IMHO. The country guy has a chance at reaching an audience (especially since he can write his own material).
Thanks for your correcting me. I guess I could have called him Japanese descent and ****ed him off if he was Chinese?

Please give it a break. Oriental I doubt is offensive to anyone, except you? I didn't know else to describe him, I still don't know what he is, a dancer, a production artist ... In any event you knew who I was talking about, so it worked.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.