Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
Obviously the audience has never had an intimate dinner with Tony
Obviously
Old 10-12-2021, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Interesting, since I just looked at the list of 100 recreation centers and only a few are named after Morse family members. Also, didn't notice any of the 50+ golf courses had a Morse name. Street names are a different story
I have a curiosity question - are the rec centers considered public places? I have not been to one lately, but seem to recall being asked for my Village's ID card before being allowed in. I know exceptions are made for voting, but for day to day access are they really public places?
Old 10-12-2021, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdulej View Post
I have a curiosity question - are the rec centers considered public places? I have not been to one lately, but seem to recall being asked for my Village's ID card before being allowed in. I know exceptions are made for voting, but for day to day access are they really public places?
Residents and their guests only, ID is checked at the front desk. IDs are theoretically checked at the pools, but some non-residents sneak in. Much harder to sneak inside the rec center
Old 10-12-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There are also the Sharon Morse Performing Arts Center and the Sharon Morse Medical Center.

And let's not forget the larger-than-life-sized statue of Harold Schwartz standing in the fountain-pool at Spanish Springs Town Square.

Point being, it's not any more or less narcissistic to have a big honkin portrait of yourself somewhere in your house, than it is to have a statue made in your honor or a building named after you. For all anyone knows, Fauci was given this portrait as a gift from some well-known artist, and it's valuable, and thematic (since it's a portrait of him), so he has it displayed prominently in the room.

My grandparents had busts made of themselves by a local artist and they were displayed in the foyer of their home, across from the front doors. They weren't narcissistic either - to them it was them, supporting the arts. They were also donors at the local performance theatre, and had little plaques with their names on a pair of box seats. My parents did the same.
Stop, you are making me dizzy.

PS A statue in a square or a a building named after you are not the same as a big honkin portrait of yourself in your home office.

Supporting the arts? That's world class spin.
Closed Thread

Tags
christmas, people, fauci, family, encourage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.