How Are You Suppose To Decide which judges to vote for??

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2014, 01:11 PM

Here is an excellent source of information: The League of Women Voters of The Villages/Tri-County Area: lwvtri.org/ Lots info on their main page and on the various places they link to. Totally non-partisan. They have published a number of guides for the general election. One of them in particular pertains to the election of judges. It's free of course and doesn't support one judge or another. It tells you how to get detailed information about every judge running for election or retention. lwvtri.org/files/florida_bar_guide_to_electing_judges.pdf Hope this helps.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Sage

[QUOTE= Since we really don't know anything else about candidates, I usually vote for the one whose party affiliation is the same as mine. I know that we at least have that in common and I know that we think somewhat along the same lines.[/QUOTE]

Me too, but that doesn't work for judges since we don't know their party.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Me too, but that doesn't work for judges since we don't know their party.
But you can look up the cases they have decided. I voted NO for all appeals court judges because of several decisions that I disliked.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
But you can look up the cases they have decided. I voted NO for all appeals court judges because of several decisions that I disliked.
I agree. It takes a little time to look into it but we as a nation really need to start really looking at who is making the decisions.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.