Human Nature?

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2016, 07:22 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hey Dewilson: First I was referencing face to face encounters . to "reading between the lines leads o false readings"..My counterpoint reading between the lines provides an opportunity to make further inquiry as to meaning. It helps to get to the heart of the matter.

Watching expression on the forum (of course not) because just reading the written word is difficult at best when better than 50% of communication is attributed to body language. Secondly, and some will dispute it, the responsibility for clear communication rests with the listener. Its why I replied in the manner I did. Its why when reading between the lines gives me an opportunity for further inquiry.

What's important to one person is not to another...that's human nature

We have some who are enamored with The Villages an obsession of sorts. Others are not..BOTH ARE RIGHT.

People have a right to express their opinion. They have a right to get things off their chest. They have a right to be heard.

If someone does not agree there is an old time remedy for it, its called RETICENCE .

I just believe conceit drives people to label people one thing or another. Its that conceit equals "I have the higher ground". Its dealing with absolutes

Perhaps, some of us are just more patient and perhaps more interested than others when it comes to listening to what someone has to say? I don't judge people. I do address their content spoken or written.

Its why I am sharing my thoughts with you now.

Personal Best Regards:
Referring to "Face to Face"...............wow, I don't think even reading between the lines could have gotten me this information.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Let's face it. This thread is about posters complaining about posters that are in any way critical of the developer or anything in TV. They could slam every other development in Florida and that is deemed "reasonable discussion" (Tradewinds, Harbor Hills, Stonecrest....) But dare to opine on TV? Tread lightly, or suffer the wrath and be forever labeled a "complainer". Reminds me of the climate change proponents labeling skeptics as "deniers", or labeling controlled borders advocates as "racists". These group thinkers don't even realize they have turned into the chronic complainers they accuse others of being. They just, instead, complain about other posters' opinions. So sad.

There are legitimate problems that have been discussed on TOTV about things in the Villages. Traffic, overcrowding, gators being fed, the buffalo and interactions with kids going over the fence, the gates and access from surrounding communities via golf cart, Sex on the Square and legal history, Leisureville by Andrew Belchman Andrew D. Blechman - author of LEISUREVILLE and PIGEONS, sexually transmitted diseases and their rates in the Villages, local doctors, the Villages Regional Hospital and waits at the Emergency Room when walking in, changes in restaurants, me and Harlow at Doggie Doo Run Run, etc.

I have talked to a nurse who used to work at the Villages Regional Hospital-- nice woman-- who spoke a lot about inadequate care on some of the floors and arrogant doctors. Not sure exactly where she worked here in the Villages but my guess is that some doctors and nurses are much better than other ones in the treatment they give to patients in their care.

I still think anyone considering moving to the Villages should read Andrew Blechman's book before doing so. He does sex it up to sell copies but it is well researched and thought out for a book that came out in 2005 or 2006.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-13-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
There are legitimate problems that have been discussed on TOTV about things in the Villages. Traffic, overcrowding, gators being fed, the buffalo and interactions with kids going over the fence, the gates and access from surrounding communities via golf cart, Sex on the Square and legal history, Leisureville by
Totally agree. And many more.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
That's good to hear. I just have memories of when I was trying to push this 224 613 Project among lawyers on Findlaw (around May 2001 and forward) and really got skewered even though at the very first start of it the Findlaw Sysop said Findlaw was the perfect place for it. I attracted an especially nasty anonymous troll who turned out to be someone I was trying to help by going to many of the law libraries in the Tampa Bay area trying to find cases for his white collar criminal defense in Chesterfield County, VA. He admitted playing me for a fool for years by having a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personality. He was one of the most vicious trolls I have ever come across on any message board. He was a contributing factor in the suicide of a beautiful black woman who was trying to get the police to treat her mental illness seriously. This Military serviceman in TN-KY went on Findlaw to try to get help with getting his girlfriend help. I do know something about that subject given my own history of fighting attacks on my credibility by calling me mentally ill rather than addressing my concerns. A very dirty trick but it is used quite more often than people think. Anyway, the troll started making many of these attacks telling the military service officer to not take anything I said seriously because I had a mental illness. I do not and never did. But the military officer ditched Findlaw because of the running battle I had with this troll. In the meantime, this soldier's beautiful black girlfriend-- who had seen her mother killed in front of her years before-- drove her car onto oncoming traffic near a KY-TN military base. I looked it up after the soldier came back onto Findlaw to tell us what had happened to his girlfriend. The cops had refused to get her into treatment as she often appeared just fine.

I was kind of ashamed of Findlaw for not stopping this troll's antics which went on for years.

What you post online does often echo in real life.

I did not know who the troll was for a while after that but when I found out I did contact both the Chesterfield County VA police as well as the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office who still put out the First Amendment line except there are somethings and actions that should never be allowed on any message board.

After that I did start bugging my FL Senators and FL Representative about this. They seemed genuinely concerned.

I am just a little touchy when I see someone going after my credibility by using the mental illness tactic. It does work rather well.

Some of the documents from that KY-TN soldier might be on my Taltarzac725 Photobucket array or at least some that show why I am so troubled when someone attacks someone else's credibility by saying they are mentally ill. This was a favorite tactic of totalitarian regimes in the Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, and Communist China.

It is also extremely poor logic of attacking the person making the statement rather than examining what he or she said or wrote.
ad hominem fallacy - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com
Fallacy: Ad Hominem
I have no problem with your posts. However, I have one minor issue I want to point out. You seem to point out the race of a person, even though the race has nothing to do with the subject of the text, as you did in this post and a previous post regarding your sister-in-law?, or when you mentioned a "white" man in a red sports car. You seem to be grouping people by race, when the post had nothing to do with race. Also, similarly, you pointed out in this post that your troll is a military person. I can't see the relevance in his occupation, thus I assume you "may" not especially like or respect the military. I may be wrong regarding your feelings toward the military, and you definitely have the right to not like the military, but that is the way it reads to me. Just an observation. Not meant to upset or offend, or start an argument. I was just wondering if you realized this tendency in your posts.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I have no problem with your posts. However, I have one minor issue I want to point out. You seem to point out the race of a person, even though the race has nothing to do with the subject of the text, as you did in this post and a previous post regarding your sister-in-law?, or when you mentioned a "white" man in a red sports car. You seem to be grouping people by race, when the post had nothing to do with race. Also, similarly, you pointed out in this post that your troll is a military person. I can't see the relevance in his occupation, thus I assume you "may" not especially like or respect the military. I may be wrong regarding your feelings toward the military, and you definitely have the right to not like the military, but that is the way it reads to me. Just an observation. Not meant to upset or offend, or start an argument. I was just wondering if you realized this tendency in your posts.
Actually, the police in question were rolling over backwards to help the beautiful African American woman. She did not appear mentally ill but if they had questioned her more they probably would have found out that she was a danger to herself as well as to others. I do think race played into how the police treated this woman.

I volunteered for a year of Saturday afternoons at the Veterans' Hospital in Reno, Nevada back around 1977-1978. Many of these vets were admirable. This was on the intensive care ward with the vets ranging from one from the Spanish American War to the Vietnam War. (There is a drawing I did of the Vietnam vet as well as a document from the Reno VFW Hospital in my Taltarzac725 Photobucket array. Google Taltarzac725).

Race does enter things. My sister-in-law of my late brother is Jamaiican-American and my late brother Chuck was white. They got flak for their mixed marriage from both races. One of Grace's kids felt the racism even though he was six or so when he pointed at his skin and told me "This is only skin deep" or something like that.

Having a rather large group of Jamaiican-American relatives though makes me more conscious of race in the US in 2016 than I ever was.

My sister-in-law Grace was a supplier for the SEALS and I have always respected her for her work in the military.

I had a neighbor in Reno-- Ron Bath-- who became an Air Force General for long range planning. I admired his being a pilot in the Nevada National Guard and would sometimes see him or at least his cohorts taking off out my front window facing Rattlesnake Mountain in Reno, Nevada. Ron Bath was also a law professor and a local attorney. I cut his and his wife's lawn for a few years before inadvertently walking into their back yard while she was sunbathing. I should have called out before entering the backyard but must have been pre-occupied with something. Mr. Bath was very nice about it. I think Mrs. Bath probably thought I did it deliberately but that was not the case. I can be absent-minded at times. I did enjoy what I saw but am a straight healthy male and was I was maybe 19 or 20 at that time.

I have great respect for our men and women in uniform.

I never said that the six or so year troll I had a Findlaw was a military person. As far as I could tell he was a Sixth Grade drop-out from school who was self-taught on a great deal but rose to become some kind of business big-wig in Chesterfield County, VA. He then became embrolied in white collar crime as well as sexual harassment matters. I never knew his race as it seems irrelevant. I never got the impression that he served in the military at all. He never seemed like a team player though which I expect is needed in the military.

I had a roommate at the University of Minnesota for all my Third Year Law School at Middlebrook Hall who had been a Captain or something like that in the South Korean army. He was a MD who had to serve in the military as I believe service in the military is mandatory in South Korea. Dong Goo Kim was one of the nicest people I have ever met. He is listed in the same 1995 volume of Marquis Who's Who in the World as I am. He was working on his second Ph.D when I knew him in Minneapolis.

It was a white guy in the red convertible that almost hit me a few months ago near the intersection of Old Mill Run and Canal Street. That's a description of what he looks like not any kind of statement on race. If he had been orange I would have written that as well.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-14-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Actually, the police in question were rolling over backwards to help the beautiful African American woman. She did not appear mentally ill but if they gad questioned her more they probably would have found out that she was a danger to herself as well as to others. I do think race played into how the police treated this woman.

I volunteered for a year of Saturday afternoons at the Veterans' Hospital in Reno, Nevada back around 1977-1978. Many of these vets were admirable. This was on the intensive care ward with the vets ranging from one from the Spanish American War to the Vietnam War.

Race does enter things. My sister-in-law of my late brother is Jamaiican-American and my late brother was white. They got flak for their mixed marriage from both races.

Having a rather large group of Jamaiican-American relatives though makes me more conscious of race in the US in 2016 than I ever was.

My sister-in-law Grace was a supplier for the SEALS and I have always respected her for her work in the military.
Thanks for the honest response.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Actually, the police in question were rolling over backwards to help the beautiful African American woman. She did not appear mentally ill but if they had questioned her more they probably would have found out that she was a danger to herself as well as to others. I do think race played into how the police treated this woman.

I volunteered for a year of Saturday afternoons at the Veterans' Hospital in Reno, Nevada back around 1977-1978. Many of these vets were admirable. This was on the intensive care ward with the vets ranging from one from the Spanish American War to the Vietnam War. (There is a drawing I did of the Vietnam vet as well as a document from the Reno VFW Hospital in my Taltarzac725 Photobucket array. Google Taltarzac725).

Race does enter things. My sister-in-law of my late brother is Jamaiican-American and my late brother Chuck was white. They got flak for their mixed marriage from both races. One of Grace's kids felt the racism even though he was six or so when he pointed at his skin and told me "This is only skin deep" or something like that.

I had a neighbor in Reno-- Ron Bath-- who became an Air Force General for long range planning. I admired his being a pilot in the Nevada National Guard and would sometimes see him or at least his cohorts taking off out my front window facing Rattlesnake Mountain in Reno, Nevada. Ron Bath was also a law professor and a local attorney. I cut his and his wife's lawn for a few years before inadvertently walking into their back yard while she was sunbathing. I should have called out before entering the backyard but must have been pre-occupied with something. Mr. Bath was very nice about it. I think Mrs. Bath probably thought I did it deliberately but that was not the case. I can be absent-minded at times. I did enjoy what I saw but am a straight healthy male and was maybe 19 or 20 at that time.

I have great respect for our men and women in uniform.

I never said that the six or so year troll I had a Findlaw was a military person. As far as I could tell he was a Sixth Grade drop-out from school who was self-taught on a great deal but rose to become some kind of business big-wig in Chesterfield County, VA. He then became embrolied in white collar crime as well as sexual harassment matters. I never knew his race as it seems irrelevant. I never got the impression that he served in the military at all. He never seemed like a team player though which I expect is needed in the military.

I had a roommate at the University of Minnesota for all my Third Year Law School at Middlebrook Hall who had been a Captain or something like that in the South Korean army. He was a MD who had to serve in the military as I believe service in the military is mandatory in South Korea. Dong Goo Kim was one of the nicest people I have ever met. He is listed in the same 1995 volume of Marquis Who's Who in the World as I am. He was working on his second Ph.D when I knew him in Minneapolis.

It was a white guy in the red convertible that almost hit me a few months ago near the intersection of Old Mill Run and Canal Street. That's a description of what he looks like not any kind of statement on race. If he had been orange I would have written that as well.
Just making sure that the whole is not forgotten.

It looks like my former roommate at Middlebrook Hall in still teaching in South Korea. I do think of him at times especially since he gave me a parting gift of a "Forever Love Korea" key chain. I still carry that everywhere just because it reminds me of some of the friends I did have at the University of Minnesota.

He might have even taught some of the Korean-Americans working in Pharmacies here in the Villages.

The few Korean phrases he taught me never really stuck.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-14-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Just making sure that the whole is not forgotten.

It looks like my former roommate at Middlebrook Hall in still teaching in South Korea. I do think of him at times especially since he gave me a parting gift of a "Forever Love Korea" key chain. I still carry that everywhere just because it reminds me of some of the friends I did have at the University of Minnesota.

He might have even taught some of the Korean-Americans working in Pharmacies here in the Villages.

The few Korean phrases he taught me never really stuck.
I have run into various people who graduated from the University of Minnesota who live here in the Villages. One of these was a nice lesbian couple whom I had a couple of nice long chats with and they seemed to know some of the other gay/lesbian couples who live here in the Villages.

None of these couples have seemed to complain all that much about life in the Villages.

If you look at my 224 613 Project I did try to get materials that would help gays/lesbians who had been victims/survivors of crimes into libraries of all kinds as these needs would probably be somewhat different than straight people especially given the laws that were still enforce when I was doing this in the 1990s and 2000s. And still into the 2010s in some states. Google Taltarzac725.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:19 AM

At least some of us relocated to TV from states where there was a state income tax levy (like VA). The winter weather here is better than New York, if you are not a real winter sports enthusiast. After 30 years in NY, I enjoy the year round summer like weather here, the availability of many activities (including recreation), yet we have not lost assets, like top-level entertainment, including our symphony. If you like a snow shovel, so be it.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:34 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfm1697 View Post
At least some of us relocated to TV from states where there was a state income tax levy (like VA). The winter weather here is better than New York, if you are not a real winter sports enthusiast. After 30 years in NY, I enjoy the year round summer like weather here, the availability of many activities (including recreation), yet we have not lost assets, like top-level entertainment, including our symphony. If you like a snow shovel, so be it.
Shovel snow??? Many people up north have a toy called a snowblower/thrower. The fall season in upstate New York can be breath taking and there isn't a more heavenly aroma that permeates the air then that of the harvesting of grapes for wine making.

In the Minneapolis area down town is bustling with active and welcomed even in winter months because of their creative sky walk system. Winter Carnival lasts 30 days with a parade every night. Or visit the Mall of America. It takes a few days to browse through all the stores located there. The rotunda offers entertainment and celebrities daily

As to weather what you lose in winter you gain in summer in most states.

Most of us adapt to our surroundings because adaptation is a survival instinct. People also have a tendency to remember the best of what they left.

There is always something we liked about the state we left, the house or car we sold and regret about the people we came to love, are now leaving but promise to stay in touch

I moved to Florida primarily because of its tax policies.

Its all good
Closed Thread

Tags
human, nature, record, retail, satisfied

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.