Human Nature?

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2016, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Is it conceit to believe that a residents mood(s) are based on their relationship to The Villages?

I'm certain King George categorized the "colonists" as a bunch of complainers who he could never satisfy?

I'm sure there were cave men who said :Arg's" never satisified , always complains about our cold cave, eating raw meat. We hate to be around him... b****, b****, b**** that's all he ever does. if he is not satisified with our cave then he ought to move out because our cave is the coolest.....uh, er didn't mean cold, hottest ah, er didn't mean hot.......

Some residents here carry heavy burdens and they carry them quietly. So when people speak we should listen for their meaning between the lines and we should watch their expressions because it could be the personal burden they are dealing with that is actually driving them

As to this forum it takes conceit for someone to categorically label someone a chronic complainer and dismiss them out of hand.
Its also ironic because these same self righteous people are actually complainers complaining about other people whom they deem complainers
Well said.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I have enjoyed the 11 years or so we have been in the Villages. We have great neighbors and that is often what will make or break how much someone can enjoy an area. Plus I love all the numbers I have been seeing here and there over the past ten years or so. I know some think I am a flake but just wait until things start to pull together on the work I have done since 1991. There is a method to my madness and I am counting on some of the good people of the Villages as well as on TOTV to see it. I am also putting my faith in the inherent goodness of most people. Google Taltarzac725 why I think it is another beautiful day in the Villages.
Although new here, I've had the time to read a whole bunch of old threads and from what I can see you're not a 'flake' at all.

You seem to be very dedicated to a project and even though it might not be important to some people, that kind of dedication and hard work should be admired, not ridiculed or denigrated.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Although new here, I've had the time to read a whole bunch of old threads and from what I can see you're not a 'flake' at all.

You seem to be very dedicated to a project and even though it might not be important to some people, that kind of dedication and hard work should be admired, not ridiculed or denigrated.
Insightful. Tal's shown a lot of courage and common sense
Old 05-12-2016, 02:25 PM
Veteran member

///
Old 05-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Is it conceit to believe that a residents mood(s) are based on their relationship to The Villages?

I'm certain King George categorized the "colonists" as a bunch of complainers who he could never satisfy?

I'm sure there were cave men who said :Arg's" never satisified , always complains about our cold cave, eating raw meat. We hate to be around him... b****, b****, b**** that's all he ever does. if he is not satisified with our cave then he ought to move out because our cave is the coolest.....uh, er didn't mean cold, hottest ah, er didn't mean hot.......

Some residents here carry heavy burdens and they carry them quietly. So when people speak we should listen for their meaning between the lines and we should watch their expressions because it could be the personal burden they are dealing with that is actually driving them

As to this forum it takes conceit for someone to categorically label someone a chronic complainer and dismiss them out of hand.
Its also ironic because these same self righteous people are actually complainers complaining about other people whom they deem complainers
Yes and No.

Reading between the lines can create false readings.

Watching expressions on this forum???......you're a better man than I.

Labeling does not add value.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:26 PM

In some cases it is just human nature to express your thoughts on what you want. to some it is the developers fault to others just an expression of their desires to have something that they are comfortable with. Me I will investigate the new stores when they come but it sure would be nice to have a CostCo closer than Orlando.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Much is in the interpretation of the written word. I have been called on being a negative Nellie, when to me I said nothing negative. I do have a tendency to want to tell people to move, but I don't. My sandy beach aura must show.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

No one has ever ridiculed or denigrated Taltarzac in my hearing or vision.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Gold member

A lot of people use this site as a bitch place. My realtor told me to be careful about what you read on here. I have found the site very useful for many things and thank the folks who post useful information.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:13 PM
Sage

Quote:

Good Grief Charlie Brown ! Usually the simple answer is the most likely and the best --- there are grumpy people in the world and they have spent a lifetime perfecting their complaining .
No need to over-think it and get into some therapy discussion .
If it looks and sounds like a duck guess what ...........
Old 05-13-2016, 06:08 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Yes and No.

Reading between the lines can create false readings.

Watching expressions on this forum???......you're a better man than I.

Labeling does not add value.
Hey Dewilson: First I was referencing face to face encounters . to "reading between the lines leads o false readings"..My counterpoint reading between the lines provides an opportunity to make further inquiry as to meaning. It helps to get to the heart of the matter.

Watching expression on the forum (of course not) because just reading the written word is difficult at best when better than 50% of communication is attributed to body language. Secondly, and some will dispute it, the responsibility for clear communication rests with the listener. Its why I replied in the manner I did. Its why when reading between the lines gives me an opportunity for further inquiry.

What's important to one person is not to another...that's human nature

We have some who are enamored with The Villages an obsession of sorts. Others are not..BOTH ARE RIGHT.

People have a right to express their opinion. They have a right to get things off their chest. They have a right to be heard.

If someone does not agree there is an old time remedy for it, its called RETICENCE .

I just believe conceit drives people to label people one thing or another. Its that conceit equals "I have the higher ground". Its dealing with absolutes

Perhaps, some of us are just more patient and perhaps more interested than others when it comes to listening to what someone has to say? I don't judge people. I do address their content spoken or written.

Its why I am sharing my thoughts with you now.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 05-13-2016, 06:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I think we all "judge" people if used in the terms of making an assessment. I have been wrong in so many assessments of people on this forum and even those I am a huge fan of, I disagree with occasionally. Some folks stand for things I can't accept because of my values and many can't accept what I believe in because of their values.

I like people who realize that we all don't come to the table with equal abilities, just equal value in the eyes of the Almighty.

I find that people twenty years my junior just haven't lived as long as I have. I think unless we begin to lose our faculties we gain wisdom and experience that help us assess the world as we grow older. BUT.... some of us just become more stubborn in our long held beliefs and less open to allowing new ideas to enter our minds.

Is this Sunday? That sounded like a sermon.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:20 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Jim View Post
Good Grief Charlie Brown ! Usually the simple answer is the most likely and the best --- there are grumpy people in the world and they have spent a lifetime perfecting their complaining .
No need to over-think it and get into some therapy discussion .
If it looks and sounds like a duck guess what ...........
Hi buffalo Jim I believe what you are referencing above is termed "Occam's razor"? See post #26 if you are so inclined. Enjoy a beef on a kim roll with a brew. its all good here . This is just all chatter passing the time
Old 05-13-2016, 06:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
No one has ever ridiculed or denigrated Taltarzac in my hearing or vision.
That's good to hear. I just have memories of when I was trying to push this 224 613 Project among lawyers on Findlaw (around May 2001 and forward) and really got skewered even though at the very first start of it the Findlaw Sysop said Findlaw was the perfect place for it. I attracted an especially nasty anonymous troll who turned out to be someone I was trying to help by going to many of the law libraries in the Tampa Bay area trying to find cases for his white collar criminal defense in Chesterfield County, VA. He admitted playing me for a fool for years by having a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personality. He was one of the most vicious trolls I have ever come across on any message board. He was a contributing factor in the suicide of a beautiful black woman who was trying to get the police to treat her mental illness seriously. This Military serviceman in TN-KY went on Findlaw to try to get help with getting his girlfriend help. I do know something about that subject given my own history of fighting attacks on my credibility by calling me mentally ill rather than addressing my concerns. A very dirty trick but it is used quite more often than people think. Anyway, the troll started making many of these attacks telling the military service officer to not take anything I said seriously because I had a mental illness. I do not and never did. But the military officer ditched Findlaw because of the running battle I had with this troll. In the meantime, this soldier's beautiful black girlfriend-- who had seen her mother killed in front of her years before-- drove her car onto oncoming traffic near a KY-TN military base. I looked it up after the soldier came back onto Findlaw to tell us what had happened to his girlfriend. The cops had refused to get her into treatment as she often appeared just fine.

I was kind of ashamed of Findlaw for not stopping this troll's antics which went on for years.

What you post online does often echo in real life.

I did not know who the troll was for a while after that but when I found out I did contact both the Chesterfield County VA police as well as the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office who still put out the First Amendment line except there are somethings and actions that should never be allowed on any message board.

After that I did start bugging my FL Senators and FL Representative about this. They seemed genuinely concerned.

I am just a little touchy when I see someone going after my credibility by using the mental illness tactic. It does work rather well.

Some of the documents from that KY-TN soldier might be on my Taltarzac725 Photobucket array or at least some that show why I am so troubled when someone attacks someone else's credibility by saying they are mentally ill. This was a favorite tactic of totalitarian regimes in the Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, and Communist China.

It is also extremely poor logic of attacking the person making the statement rather than examining what he or she said or wrote.
ad hominem fallacy - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com
Fallacy: Ad Hominem

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-13-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:21 AM

As my father would say, (referring to the depression), "Some people will still complain with a loaf of bread under each arm." It still holds true. It will never change, so we just have to live with it (them) people will be people.

Tags
human, nature, record, retail, satisfied

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.