adjustable electric beds

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2015, 07:11 AM
Question adjustable electric beds

We are interested in buying an adjustable bed and would like input. We are looking at Tempurpedic, Sleep Number and Comfortaire and want 2 twin XL long or a split king which I saw at Comfortaire or any other suggestions. Are you happy with your choice and have you had any dealings with management at any of those dealers?
Thanks.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:12 AM
Location: Long Island, NY - Gaithersburg, MD - Riyadh, KSA - Damascus, MD

I worked in the mattress industry for many years. I worked for Select Comfort and owned a Sleep Number bed. I currently sleep on a Tempupedic with a lifestyle adjustable base.
My suggestion to you is to find the mattress that you are the most comfortable on. Most of the major manufacturers design their premium mattresses to be compatible with the adjustable bases.
As far as the bases go, there are basic models with wired remote controls to the premium bases such as the Tempurpedic which can be controlled using your smart phone.
There are a couple of negatives to going with the split king. You will be confined to a narrow sleep area on each side of the bed, you will have the space between the mattresses and you will need twin extra long fitted sheets.
If you would like advice on anything specific please feel free to PM me.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:39 PM
Location: Long Island, NY - Gaithersburg, MD - Riyadh, KSA - Damascus, MD

I just discovered that I don't know how to PM on this site either.
It doesn't matter. If you have anything specific you would like to know, just respond to this message.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:26 AM

I would love to PM but don't know how. If you want to PM me - if you can - then I could go from there. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:37 AM
Gold member

We have split king extra long twin mattresses. LOVE the whole system. Our individual controls are wireless remotes and have many choices of positions including massage settings and zero gravity setting.
I have had chronic low back pain for years, three nights after we got the beds I woke up with no back pain.....and it has stayed that way. Just returned from three weeks away, back pain every single morning, so happy to be back to my adjustable bed.
Worth every penny!
Old 08-02-2015, 10:30 PM

Have a sleep number bed and love it! She is a 65 and I am a 35.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:49 PM
Sage

We bought the two twin bed XL's with adjustable bases last winter.

The XL twin fitted sheets weren't problem to locate but we haven't got a single king flat top yet; using twin flats.

The memory foam mattress makes it a bear to turn to your side and the adjustable frame has to be nearly flat to do that.

My wife has shoulder and neck issues and has her adjustable bed top and bottom both up to keep her from turning while I have mine mainly down so I can turn.

We use the spare queen bed to hug sometimes.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 08-03-2015, 07:34 AM
Platinum member

We have the split King and love it. We use extra long twin. sheets. My husband likes to sleep warmer than I do and uses a heavy duvet. I use the light weight duvet and often sleep,with only a sheet. When he comes to bed he puts his back up so he can read. Here's a hint. When change sheets-- easier when back is up some rather than flat. When we travel, can't wait to get back to our bed. Bought ours in Sumter Landing at the bed store on Canal St. Very pleased.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-06-2015, 09:13 PM

What were the reasons you chose the beds you bought? Did you try out the comfortaire, sleep number and tempurpedic? Would you make the same choices?
Old 08-07-2015, 10:13 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

We had twin xl adjustable beds and didn't like them We had and still do 18 years later a Select Comfort Bed always loved it but needed an adjustable so it's in our guest room now. We finally bit the bullet and got a Select Comfort adjustable Flex Top bed. Absolutely love it. We love that we each can create our own firmness of the mattress and being able to adjust the head height. The foot part goes up or down in unison not separate but that works for us. Only down side is special sheets are needed and their pricey. But overall I wouldn't have any other bed. Bets night sleep ever.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts
Default how to private message

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebramochaman View Post
I just discovered that I don't know how to PM on this site either.
It doesn't matter. If you have anything specific you would like to know, just respond to this message.
Really easy to private message
Put your mouse pointer over the name of the person and left click or enter depending on your setup. It will give you a drop down list, one of which is send a private message.
Then to a screen where you give a title and enter your message.
Be sure to click the send button at the bottom.

You will know that you have a private message when you look at the top right of the page where your name appears. If you see a number in the private message area, you have a new or unread message. Click on it and read. I have sent Moose a message for practice.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	pm1.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	53945   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	pm2.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	53946   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	pm3.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	53947   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	pm4.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	53948   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	pm5.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	53949  

Old 08-09-2015, 06:44 PM

FYI: You can google on amazon.com or ebay.com and put in king size flat sheets and it will give you lots of options. I've done it several times.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:51 AM

tempurpedic is crap. Mine broke in less than 2 years and just got a replacement of the frame. I had to keep calling customer service before the new piece came. I spoke to the delivery men and they had 3 more to go today. Stay away!
Old 08-28-2015, 08:53 AM
Red face Dad bed choice

Tempurpedic!
Closed Thread

Tags
comfortaire, adjustable, dealers, happy, choice, management, hhighfivehighfiveave, dealings, buying, bed, interested, electric, beds, input, split, king, number, tempurpedic, sleep

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.