I apologize.

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2015, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I apologize.

Yesterday I was way overboard in my reaction to a fairly new poster asking about boil notices.

I don't know why I feel the need to always defend this place that my husband and daughter and I now call our primary residence. I never felt this way before about any of the nice places that we lived.

I was happy in those homes and in those areas and my life there was satisfactory. I never felt the need to correct folks I knew that were unhappy with how things were run or looked or how people acted. I was not interested in their motives for being negative and just continued to go on living with the ups and downs that life brings and accepting of those who were unhappy with things that didn't bother me at all.

We worked as hard as we could early on in our married lives and saved as much as we could to buy a home in a relatively safe area with a decent school system to raise our kids. We tried to improve education by voting for school bonds and doing what we could to keep our own property nice and choosing to buy in a deed restricted area so as to protect our investment. We chose to live in a city that had excellent health care to meet the needs of our daughter who was born with Williams Syndrome and needed some very expert surgeries and medical attention.

We lived and worked and made friends and did what we thought we should do with local organizations and clubs and the church that seemed to focus on the things we believed in.

And we grew older and were thinking to retire and t we stumbled upon The Villages

At first I was skeptical and unbelieving that this place could really be as nice as it was presented. I was very skeptical that people could really live and enjoy life in their later years as much as the people who lived in The Villages appeared to be enjoying it.

We bought a home here and began to be seasonal residents and I was just plain overwhelmed with the happiness and fulfillment that I was experiencing and the skill that apparently had been used to dream and build this way of life for seniors.

And I got worse and worse until four years ago we moved here full time. I now identify with this place as if it were my dream and my plan instead of a very lucky rainy afternoon that brought us here purely by accident.

I have little patience with anyone who doesn't feel as lucky and fulfilled to be here. I am skeptical of anyone who is negative about it. I don't drink or smoke marijuana so this euphoria is self induced and my impatience with non believers is my own character weakness.

I am not a hoarder or an extreme health enthusiast high on endorphins or possessions. I have turned into a terrible, obsessed villager and I want nothing to do with those who don't see it my way. I am obsessed with The Villages.

There were three negative threads yesterday started by three relatively new posters and the boil water one was when I lost it. I jumped on the poster and I was not patient or kind. I am very sorry that I wrote what I did.

I cannot change my obsession with this place nor do I want to, but I can remember that I was brought up better than I acted yesterday.

I was rude to a person for no good reason and I apologize to her for how I acted.

I will try to do better.

Have a wonderful day in The Villages.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

I have no idea what you are talking about with respect to the boil notices but you are a real grace to this Forum.

Hopefully, whoever you feel you offended did not take it personally.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Although I have never met you, I respect your opinions And believe you to Be a kind and good person. Your apology proved I am a good judge of character. That being said, every month or so a new poster Comes on and when questioned goes into the "You are a Mean person" or a bully. I was on the receiiving end of one of thsee posters and came out looking like a person who eats children and pets for breakfast. I felt in this case, YOU were the victim.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
Although I have never met you, I respect your opinions And believe you to Be a kind and good person. Your apology proved I am a good judge of character. That being said, every month or so a new poster Comes on and when questioned goes into the "You are a Mean person" or a bully. I was on the receiiving end of one of thsee posters and came out looking like a person who eats children and pets for breakfast. I felt in this case, YOU were the victim.
100%
Suffering from TV envy
Old 08-27-2015, 08:22 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Hi, GG.

You are a wonderful person who tries to help people understand and enjoy The Villages.

That poster is the problem, not you.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-27-2015, 08:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Hi, GG.

You are a wonderful person who tries to help people understand and enjoy The Villages.

That poster is the problem, not you.
Amen!
Old 08-27-2015, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Graciegirl, you are a GREAT ambassador for TV

we all stumble but I'm still waiting for you. TOTV is better because of you.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:32 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Yesterday I was way overboard in my reaction to a fairly new poster asking about boil notices.

I don't know why I feel the need to always defend this place that my husband and daughter and I now call our primary residence. I never felt this way before about any of the nice places that we lived.

I was happy in those homes and in those areas and my life there was satisfactory. I never felt the need to correct folks I knew that were unhappy with how things were run or looked or how people acted. I was not interested in their motives for being negative and just continued to go on living with the ups and downs that life brings and accepting of those who were unhappy with things that didn't bother me at all.

We worked as hard as we could early on in our married lives and saved as much as we could to buy a home in a relatively safe area with a decent school system to raise our kids. We tried to improve education by voting for school bonds and doing what we could to keep our own property nice and choosing to buy in a deed restricted area so as to protect our investment. We chose to live in a city that had excellent health care to meet the needs of our daughter who was born with Williams Syndrome and needed some very expert surgeries and medical attention.

We lived and worked and made friends and did what we thought we should do with local organizations and clubs and the church that seemed to focus on the things we believed in.

And we grew older and were thinking to retire and t we stumbled upon The Villages

At first I was skeptical and unbelieving that this place could really be as nice as it was presented. I was very skeptical that people could really live and enjoy life in their later years as much as the people who lived in The Villages appeared to be enjoying it.

We bought a home here and began to be seasonal residents and I was just plain overwhelmed with the happiness and fulfillment that I was experiencing and the skill that apparently had been used to dream and build this way of life for seniors.

And I got worse and worse until four years ago we moved here full time. I now identify with this place as if it were my dream and my plan instead of a very lucky rainy afternoon that brought us here purely by accident.

I have little patience with anyone who doesn't feel as lucky and fulfilled to be here. I am skeptical of anyone who is negative about it. I don't drink or smoke marijuana so this euphoria is self induced and my impatience with non believers is my own character weakness.

I am not a hoarder or an extreme health enthusiast high on endorphins or possessions. I have turned into a terrible, obsessed villager and I want nothing to do with those who don't see it my way. I am obsessed with The Villages.

There were three negative threads yesterday started by three relatively new posters and the boil water one was when I lost it. I jumped on the poster and I was not patient or kind. I am very sorry that I wrote what I did.

I cannot change my obsession with this place nor do I want to, but I can remember that I was brought up better than I acted yesterday.

I was rude to a person for no good reason and I apologize to her for how I acted.

I will try to do better.

Have a wonderful day in The Villages.

I saw that Gracie. You are right. It was over-the-top. But I give you credit for your public acknowledgement and apology.

Earlier this week, you "chastised" me for quoting Warren Buffett. But I knew you were kidding......I hope. But I am pretty good at reading between the lines and I kidded you right back. Besides that, I am one who can confidently embrace that old line we hear from kindergartners, "You are not the boss of me."

I have seen a few trolls on here over the years. But more often I have seen new posters who must feel eviscerated after sincerely having posted something that might not be what others want to hear or acknowledge about TV. -- When I see this happen, I cringe.

But now, here you are, seeing it, too. That is good. Do not forget that you have a fine wit that is so much fun to see, and you can be quite helpful, too. That is the Gracie who adds so much to this forum.

But as far as that other behavior goes, and as much as I do not believe in written punishments, and never, ever assigned one, I must do so now.....

Please write the following sentence 5 times. Yes. Just 5 times. You do not need to write it 100 times. You are smart and can catch on fast when you want to.

Please write: I will try really, really hard to stop frisking posters at the door.

(And now, even I am debating whether to hit send or not. But I think I will. I must leave now to have my roots done. I hope when I look back, I will find a smile.......and maybe even a completed assignment.)
Old 08-27-2015, 08:34 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

From on zealot to another, sometimes we all need to rethink and calm down. Pasion is a good thing when directed correctly.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
From on zealot to another, sometimes we all need to rethink and calm down. Passion is a good thing when directed correctly.
I can get very passionate on here but hope that I do consider the feelings of whomever I am directing my posts at.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

GG, you're a very solid, respected poster here on TOTV. You know, we all say things once in awhile that we regret saying. I seem lately to do it more often than not. I am very passionate about people in Law Enforcement and have been extremely vocal toward people that didn't share my views through rose colored glasses toward LEO's and I apologize for that. I have lost friends on TOTV and on Facebook (I feel because of my views) that befriended me. I banned myself from TOTV the last couple of weeks to refresh myself and come back with new attitude that this is the greatest place in the world and to not to be so passionate about my views. Life now is too short to sweat the small stuff anymore. So, to those of you that I have offended in the past, again, I'm sorry.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:52 AM
Platinum member

I enjoy reading your daily postings. It is great that so many people like you support and protect the villages lifestyle. I read as many postings every day and do not agree with everyone. I also look at the number of post people make and too often the first time posters are very negative. I just wish they would post more often and become more involved. GG you are one of a kind, and I mean that in a good way.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:53 AM
Sage

Very Gracious!
Old 08-27-2015, 09:19 AM

I always enjoy your postings GG...it takes a big person to admit their errors doing so just proves to all of us who admire you that you are truly who we believe you to be. We all have our moments....
Old 08-27-2015, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

I agree with what has already been said about you, Gracie, so no need to be repetitious. I saw the thread yesterday to which you refer and actually was more shocked by what I thought was an exaggerated response by the OP than anything that you said. But either way, we all make mistakes and coming forward with an apology is admirable.

Don't let it get you down - your wit and wisdom are a joy to many of us on this forum.
Closed Thread

Tags
life, place, lived, yesterday, negative, things, people, nice, skeptical, villages, years, worse, school, buy, home, live, brought, area, lucky, health, worked, dream, unhappy, boil, felt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.