I did my research and I know this to be true!

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2021, 07:54 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagele View Post
I think that was me. The reason I don't necessarily listen to those entities is because they are too often political.

I don't doubt Fauci is a very smart man but I also don't doubt he has hidden agendas. When he flip flops several times on the advice he gives, he loses me. When he claims no one should question him because he is science, he loses me. When he tries to change the definition of gain of function research, he loses me.

The CDC loses me when it claims gun violence is a disease. The WHO loses me when it covers up for China. The NIH loses me when it won't admit it funded gain of function research. Those organizations all have agendas.

I'm not really a sheeple type of guy. Go ahead and accept everything hook, line and sinker that comes out these governmental agencies. Me, I'll continue to take everything they say with a healthy grain of salt and look for other reliable sources to validate or refute.
And the CDC now requires reports to be written in wokespeak. And any medical body that denies there are just two sexes, like the AMA, is a science fraud. However the vaccines were developed under OWS when there was some integrity. So I advise all to get vaccinated and if high risk like us to wear an N95 mask when social distancing is not possible indoors. Forget the virtue signaling dust masks.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,542 Times in 3,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
That vaccine has been fully approved for use in the USA since August 23, and is currently available for anyone 16 or over nationwide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
You are correct FDA approval August 2021. I also believe I am correct with UK MHRA approval in 2020. What am I missing in your message ?
You were responding to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Thank you President Trump for Fast Tracking the approval for use of the Covid vaccines and saving hundreds of thousands of lives, maybe millions of lives throughout the world. If not for the approval here, there still would not be a vaccine to fight covid. And I can definitely say that because the vaccine still hasn't been approved by the FDA yet. What has been approved by the FDA can not be distributed yet. President Trump should get some form of Nobel prize for his part in this.
and my comment was a tag on the back of that.
Old 09-01-2021, 04:46 AM

Quote:
I think that was me. The reason I don't necessarily listen to those entities is because they are too often political.

I don't doubt Fauci is a very smart man but I also don't doubt he has hidden agendas. When he flip flops several times on the advice he gives, he loses me. When he claims no one should question him because he is science, he loses me. When he tries to change the definition of gain of function research, he loses me.

The CDC loses me when it claims gun violence is a disease. The WHO loses me when it covers up for China. The NIH loses me when it won't admit it funded gain of function research. Those organizations all have agendas.

I'm not really a sheeple type of guy. Go ahead and accept everything hook, line and sinker that comes out these governmental agencies. Me, I'll continue to take everything they say with a healthy grain of salt and look for other reliable sources to validate or refute.
You echo my sentiment EXACTLY! And, if I may add, "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior". Or, if you prefer, "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me", because they have proven themselves to be untrustworthy. I'll trust my own critical, pragmatic thinking before I trust any of these so called "Experts", and the agencies they represent. They all have their own hidden agendas. IMHO!
Old 09-01-2021, 05:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,946 Times in 4,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
You echo my sentiment EXACTLY! And, if I may add, "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior". Or, if you prefer, "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me", because they have proven themselves to be untrustworthy. I'll trust my own critical, pragmatic thinking before I trust any of these so called "Experts", and the agencies they represent. They all have their own hidden agendas. IMHO!
Res ipsa loquitur
Old 09-01-2021, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
I think that was me.

The CDC loses me when it claims gun violence is a disease.
I extracted this from a longer post because it reflects a lack of understanding, which is correctable by information, if the person is interested in learning. You fail to know the mission of the CDC. Yes, the D stands for disease. But their mission is not limited to infectious disease. The Navy is not just boats.

The CDC's role is:

Quote:
Detecting and responding to new and emerging health threats
Tackling the biggest health problems causing death and disability for Americans
Putting science and advanced technology into action to prevent disease
Promoting healthy and safe behaviors, communities and environment
If Covid is causing deaths or disability.. it is in the CDC's role to investigate.
If suicide is causing deaths or disability.. it is in the CDC's role to investigate.
If drug overdose ....
If falls in the home by the elderly is causing ....
If domestic violence is causing deaths or disability...

Are you getting the picture?
The CDC is not just a germ agency, it is charged with collecting data to keep people healthy. What can be a cause of death on a death certificate?

Pretty sure gun violence makes that list.

The CDC collects data on Child Sexual Abuse. Are you angry about that? It's not a disease in the traditional sense.

Your knowledge of what the CDC does is limited. Your choice to not trust it because they include gun violence as a problem in America worth trying to reduce shows you do not understand what the CDC does that is not just germs.

Firearm injuries are in the top five causes of death for people under 65 in the US.

So now that you've learned why the CDC is involved in gun violence research, do you now trust it on other issues?
Old 09-01-2021, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,946 Times in 4,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I extracted this from a longer post because it reflects a lack of understanding, which is correctable by information, if the person is interested in learning. You fail to know the mission of the CDC. Yes, the D stands for disease. But their mission is not limited to infectious disease. The Navy is not just boats.

The CDC's role is:

If Covid is causing deaths or disability.. it is in the CDC's role to investigate.
If suicide is causing deaths or disability.. it is in the CDC's role to investigate.
If drug overdose ....

The CDC is not just a germ agency, it is charged with collecting data to keep people healthy. What can be a cause of death on a death certificate?

The CDC collects data on Child Sexual Abuse. Are you angry about that? It's not a disease in the traditional sense.

Your knowledge of what the CDC does is limited. Your choice to not trust it because they include gun violence as a problem in America worth trying to reduce shows you do not understand what the CDC does that is not just germs.

Firearm injuries are in the top five causes of death for people under 65 in the US.

So now that you've learned why the CDC is involved in gun violence research, do you now trust it on other issues?
Great post.

But something tells me it will not convince anyone who ignores experts and "does their own research and makes their own decision"
Old 09-01-2021, 09:21 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:

Where is that statistic?
Old 09-01-2021, 09:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
Where is that statistic?
Firearm Violence Prevention |Violence Prevention|Injury Center|CDC half way down the page
Old 09-01-2021, 09:45 AM

FaceBook, Yeah gotta be true.
Old 09-01-2021, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,517 Posts

Old 09-01-2021, 09:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
What to believe? Scroll to page 11

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/n...r70-09-508.pdf
Old 09-01-2021, 10:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
Ok, I did look at that page per your suggestion. I don't see that there is anything in those charts that is in any way contrary to the statement that gun violence is a top five cause of death between ages 1 and 64.

This is an opportunity for you to explain how those pie charts would lead you to believe there is an inconsistency in the CDC's statement and provide an excellent example of what the OP said at the very beginning about how "doing research" on the internet requires some level of knowledge to interpret what you see.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	90644  
Old 09-01-2021, 10:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Ok, I did look at that page per your suggestion. I don't see that there is anything in those charts that is in any way contrary to the statement that gun violence is a top five cause of death between ages 1 and 64.

This is an opportunity for you to explain how those pie charts would lead you to believe there is an inconsistency in the CDC's statement and provide an excellent example of what the OP said at the very beginning about how "doing research" on the internet requires some level of knowledge to interpret what you see.
Where on those pie charts does it mention "gun injuries resulting in death"?
Old 09-01-2021, 10:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:

The CDC's role is:

If drug overdose ....

You miss the point. THEY don't care. The CDC did not march in step with a certain person, therefore the CDC is yet another failed government agency.
Old 09-01-2021, 10:45 AM
John41

Quote:

The CDC's role is:

If drug overdose ....

How about illegal immigrants flooding the border, refusing vaccination and filling Texas hospitals?
Or how about the epidemic of black men killing other black men?
Or how about violence being higher with areas with strict gun control?
Or how about someone who violated the law and funded gain of function research which is killing millions.
Or how about someone with the nuclear codes refusing a cognitive ability test?
Closed Thread

Tags
research, review, results, true, source

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.