I Found My Cousin

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2013, 03:15 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455
Default Search angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieswamie View Post
What is a search angel and how do we get more information? What a wonderful thing to do.
A search angel is a person who helps others search for their biological child that they placed up for adoption..or the child searching for their bio parents.
We do it for free..I am the owner of a search and support group on yahoo groups called
Soaring Angels
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoaringAngels/
Old 08-08-2013, 08:27 AM

I have enjoyed doing genealogy for several years and use Ancestry as well as other family history sites. Last year I submitted a DNA sample to Ancestry and was surprised to learn the results. My genetic makeup did not match the nationality that I thought that my ancestors were. Ancestry.com also sends matches of other people that have submitted DNA. I have been matched to about four "close cousins" at 97 percent accuracy. One cousin's surname matched that of my great great grandfather. We met last summer while I was on vacation. It was very interesting.
DNA matches are now being used by adoptees searching for biological relatives with some success. The prices of the tests are now reasonable. My "cousin" received the test as a Christmas present from his daughter.
The Villages Genealogy Society has a special interest group that meets this Friday and focuses on DNA testing.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIREDSFW View Post
Thank you for sharing your story. I just found my half-sister. My father was married before he married my mother. He had one child who he never supported. Two weeks ago, thanks to ancestry.com and findagrave.com, i find the last name of his first wife with a short obit that gave me my half-sister's married name. She grew up in norfolk, va & i was in portsmouth, va. I called her & we talked for a long time. My siblings & i will be meeting with her on july 27 which is her birthday. We are all excited about this. She will be 75 & i am 68. My friends laugh when i say i spend my day looking for dead people, but sometimes you find a live one.
were you adopted ?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.