I LOVE to paint pictures of dogs.

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2014, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I LOVE to paint pictures of dogs.

We don't have one at our home, but we so enjoy our friends dogs.

About six weeks ago I purchased for myself my first set of "grown up" water color paints, brushes and paper. I began painting with CFrance's dog Crosby and then on to Bare's three, one who has crossed the rainbow bridge and Biggins who I just began his picture below. I painted Mozart our neighbor dog and today received pictures in the mail of Heidi, from his mom. When I am finished, I would love to paint, for FREE, some more doggies that are loved.

I am very much an amateur, but it keeps me busy and out of bars and I really love doing it.

If you would like me to paint your pup, FOR FREE, please show us on this forum a close up of his or her dear face. I met a doggie last night named Molly who is part of the single's group, maybe her dad could post her picture. I can do one a week. And please lie if you don't like them.

I know we would all enjoy seeing closeup's of your loved dogs.

Below is first stage of Bare's Biggins. I know his eyes are darker Bare and his nose is more pointy. And his complexion is more dark. And I have just started his nose. He is SO cute.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	000_4556.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	832.5 KB
ID:	37059  
Old 04-04-2014, 06:49 AM
Sage

image-jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
we don't have one at our home, but we so enjoy our friends dogs.

About six weeks ago i purchased for myself my first set of "grown up" water color paints, brushes and paper. I began painting with cfrance's dog crosby and then on to bare's three, one who has crossed the rainbow bridge and biggins who i just began his picture below. I painted mozart our neighbor dog and today received pictures in the mail of heidi, from his mom. When i am finished, i would love to paint, for free, some more doggies that are loved.

I am very much an amateur, but it keeps me busy and out of bars and i really love doing it.

If you would like me to paint your pup, for free, please show us on this forum a close up of his or her dear face. I met a doggie last night named molly who is part of the single's group, maybe her dad could post her picture. I can do one a week. And please lie if you don't like them.

Below is first stage of bare's biggins. I know his eyes are darker bare and his nose is more pointy. And his complexion is more dark. And i have just started his nose. He is so cute.
This is our Mr. Buster
image-jpg

Your friend, Golfingnut
Old 04-04-2014, 06:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We don't have one at our home, but we so enjoy our friends dogs.

About six weeks ago I purchased for myself my first set of "grown up" water color paints, brushes and paper. I began painting with CFrance's dog Crosby and then on to Bare's three, one who has crossed the rainbow bridge and Biggins who I just began his picture below. I painted Mozart our neighbor dog and today received pictures in the mail of Heidi, from his mom. When I am finished, I would love to paint, for FREE, some more doggies that are loved.

I am very much an amateur, but it keeps me busy and out of bars and I really love doing it.

If you would like me to paint your pup, FOR FREE, please show us on this forum a close up of his or her dear face. I met a doggie last night named Molly who is part of the single's group, maybe her dad could post her picture. I can do one a week. And please lie if you don't like them.

Below is first stage of Bare's Biggins. I know his eyes are darker Bare and his nose is more pointy. And his complexion is more dark. And I have just started his nose. He is SO cute.
How kind of you Gracie!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Platinum member

Well done indeed!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:00 AM
Veteran member

Just have to show off my cute Millie..!!! She is a stinker but we love her.. Meet her at Doggie Doo Run Run every morning.. cause if we don't take her, we pay for it later in the day !!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	1450664_10201644864736284_74237737_n.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	37071  
Old 04-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
Just have to show off my cute Millie..!!! She is a stinker but we love her.. Meet her at Doggie Doo Run Run every morning.. cause if we don't take her, we pay for it later in the day !!!
image-jpg

I understand completely. Mr. Buster is blind, deaf and 18 years old, but about 3 PM he lets us know it is time to go for a golf cart ride to get the mail. His nose goes 90 miles an hour all the way there and back. I love him so much, I may go with him when the time comes.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:32 AM
Sage

WHAT A GREAT THREAD! Gracie you are just the cat's meow...or should I say the dog's bark....It put a smile on my face to have a thread that is related to being wonderfully engaged in enjoying life and giving joy to others rather than moaning about the petty inconveniences of what are amazing times in our lives. THANK YOU GRACIE FOR STARTING MY DAY WITH A JOYFUL SMILE. BTW: I can't post a photo of Duncan..it is that nincumpoop syndrome..but will email you one if you like. As a matter of fact, I'm on my way in few moments nearby to you to Buffalo Ridge because he has something in his paw which he can't stop licking incessantly and, typical of brilliant Aussies, he manages to get off the collar, bandages, the socks, every contraption I put on to keep him from making it worse.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:36 AM
Sage

I will second that emotion. I get up early and listen to last nights news and it leaves me depressed. A thread like Gracie gave us here has changed my gloom to a big smile. Thank you Gracie. Give us a new reason to get off on the right foot every morning.

Lou
Golfingnut.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Veteran member

You are doing a good job. Biggins looks like Biggins.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts
Default This is our Sport.

Sport knows Biggins and Millie.

The Villages Florida

The top picture is by Debra Raskin. The bottom is by Grace who is one of the many Graces who come to Doggie Doo Run Run.

Some more of Ms. Raskin's pictures-- http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/d...lleryid=124718

Sport is struggling with heart disease so he does not come to Doggie Doo Run Run as much as he would like to.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 04-05-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Sage

I am amazed at the endless talents of you, Gracie! You are really good!
Old 04-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Veteran member

Gracie, you just made my day. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and kindness. And, you can't prove to me that you're just an amateur painter. Happiness with your latest hobby.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Platinum member

Gracie, how very thoughtful and loving of you. You are making a lot of people very happy, including many who will derive joy from having a watercolor of their pets who are no longer with them.

You are a great asset to our community.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza
Thumbs up

Wow Gracie! The popularity of your talents are going to get you so bogged down that I might have to learn to paint just to help you keep up with the orders!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

The ever-so-gracious Gracie (no, I'm not being snide nor sarcastic). What a wonderful offer. LMK when you're ready to do a kitty cat. I would dearly love one of my recently departed Gabby and my lovable Bo.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.