Lobstah Roll dilemma

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2017, 04:45 PM
Gold member
Default Lobstah Roll dilemma

Had lobstah roll at Beach Plum in Hampton, NH on Sunday, had one today at Sullivan's on Castle Island in South Boston. They are both best I ever had, all lobstah, only a hint of of butter on a toasted NE type hot dog bun. The view from both places is beautiful and free! Can't beat it.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Had lobstah roll at Beach Plum in Hampton, NH on Sunday, had one today at Sullivan's on Castle Island in South Boston. They are both best I ever had, all lobstah, only a hint of of butter on a toasted NE type hot dog bun. The view from both places is beautiful and free! Can't beat it.

The best are in Maine. Go back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-16-2017, 05:26 PM
Platinum member

I care and I'm jealous. If you're still up there stop at Lena's Clam Shack in Salisbury Beach. Same family runs that in the summer and Lena's down here in Silver Springs on Rt 40 Nov-May. And why doesn't any supermarket down here sell NE style hot dog rolls with the split top?
Old 05-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
I care and I'm jealous. If you're still up there stop at Lena's Clam Shack in Salisbury Beach. Same family runs that in the summer and Lena's down here in Silver Springs on Rt 40 Nov-May. And why doesn't any supermarket down here sell NE style hot dog rolls with the split top?

Omg! Another Lena's fan. Please don't provide directions or respond to any questions.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:59 PM
Gold member

Know Lena's very well. Will be in Maine next, I'll add my favorites from down there then!
Oh, I should also mention the baked scallops at Landfall Restaurant in Woods Hole, the best eva !
Just eating our way thru NE........
Old 05-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
I grew up in Boston. We spent many a day at Castle Island. Currently live 35 miles west of Boston. You from the area originally?
Old 05-16-2017, 06:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Was there any buttah on that lobstah?
Old 05-16-2017, 06:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Know Lena's very well. Will be in Maine next, I'll add my favorites from down there then!

Oh, I should also mention the baked scallops at Landfall Restaurant in Woods Hole, the best eva !

Just eating our way thru NE........

You must have lobstah 3 times per day if you are a true New Englander. (Vermont doesn't count). Try a lobstah omlet for breakfast. Lobstah roll for lunch, and lobstah newburg or a baked stuffed lobstah for dinnah. Pure heaven.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Was there any buttah on that lobstah?

Bet theah was!

Old 05-16-2017, 07:21 PM
Gold member

Should lobster rolls be served hot or cold? Seems to me northeast of Boston they've been cold, with mayo. West of Boston served hot, with melted butter. I prefer the melted butter.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:09 PM
Eternal Member

Best lobster roll IS found at Red's Eats in Wiscasset, Maine.

Downright delicious and the lobster roll contains all the meat from the entire lobster.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
Should lobster rolls be served hot or cold? Seems to me northeast of Boston they've been cold, with mayo. West of Boston served hot, with melted butter. I prefer the melted butter.

Must be cold.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Best lobster roll IS found at Red's Eats in Wiscasset, Maine.

Downright delicious and the lobster roll contains all the meat from the entire lobster.

Been there. You are understating the fabulous flavor. But great effort, and I understand your love for the lobstah.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
There is one brand I found at Walmart that has the split top hot dog rolls but for the life of me I can't remember the brand. As a former Northeasterner I miss those too! Was it friehoffer brand that had the split top up North? My husband is constantly asking why we cannot get a nice fresh Lobsta here in Florida?? We are due to go back to,the Adirondacks this summer and that will be the closest he will get to fresh seafood. He swears he's going to get a huge lobsta at a place called The Log Jam when we visit. You pick your own right from the tank!
Old 05-16-2017, 09:03 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I'm sure your lobster rolls were ok, but if you want the best you need to go to Maine. Your accent is not very good either.
Closed Thread

Tags
lobstah, roll, hot, dog, type

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.