If You Could Not Live In The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

We would move to the Tellico Lake area south of Knoxville near either Lenoir City, Tennessee, or Venore, Tennessee in Tellico Village. Although they have some winter there, the summers are beautiful, the lake is huge, and the area is scenic. We are boaters and miss being able to jump in the water without fear of alligators.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Gold member

Steve, Stonecrest sounds like a nice place. Good luck with the transition.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Steve, Stonecrest sounds like a nice place. Good luck with the transition.
Thank you. These things always work their way out. Transitions are never easy.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Veteran member

Fairfield Glade, Tennessee
Old 02-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkei View Post
Fairfield Glade, Tennessee
Have friends there. It is a very nice area.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:25 PM
Sage

Since I could never convince my wife to move back to beautiful Miami, we would probably just stay in our second home in Melbourne.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

1126 Pearl St, Key Weird, FL.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:05 PM
Veteran member

If TV didn't have CYV we never would have considered living here. Does anyone know of any other 55+ communities that have homes with fenced properties? I came from an area that had many, many adult communities and NONE of them ever had any with personal fences. All the amenities were just the bonus that pushed us into purchasing. If TV didn't exist and we couldn't have found any other with fences we probably would have found a home in NOLA in the Quarter or in Algiers.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
Hummm, then I wonder why there are almost 15 different 55+ communities between here and Orlando. They are not even close to the Villages. I do thank the Morse's however for taking your money so he could build the nice shopping areas and provide the land for the restaurants. Saves me from driving to Belleview, Ocala, or Leesburg.
Touché
You're welcome!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
Actually I live in StoneCrest. Been here since 2004. Just a note to let you know there is no problem with the Developer. There have been two developers and two builders in StoneCrest. The first developer, I don't remember the name. Its was Florida something, went bankrupt. The current developer, who picked up the project, so far has done an excellent job. Within the next year, based on the development documents, the Association will now be run entirely by the residents. Currently meetings are being scheduled to inform and educate the residents, and those that will run for the Board of Directors, on just how the association works and what is necessary to run the association. Hall Robison is the current President of the Board and has done a very good job of trying to get the residents trained to take over even if some do not believe so. You can lead the horses to water but you cannot make them drink. Financials for the Association are in excellent shape. Since the development survived during the down turn attests to the fact that the facilities are well run as some good developers went belly up a few years ago. The first builder was a Company called Oriole Homes, they built my house. Oriole is no longer in existence due to the down turn a few years ago. Another casualty of the recession. The second builder, Armstrong Homes is currently building here. Both builders were and are about normal for Florida. The only problem I've seen so far here are people that speak and complain before they research what they are talking about. We have some very nice facilities that the developer built and gave to the association and the amenity fees are very low. Monthly amenity fees are $105 per month.
I am merely quoting a HOA meeting that is on youtube, that was recorded in May 2013 8:23 seconds long, you can google, SHO meeting, and watch and listen for yourself, it came out loud and clear that the board was very concerned about the developer. This was May 2013 so perhaps by some stroke of luck everything has changed, I certainly hope so for all of the owners there.

Now as far as Armstrong Builders go, I would not want to have them build my home. I looked at a development that they put in on 25A, about 8 miles east or so from Belleview.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrc4 View Post

I am merely quoting a HOA meeting that is on youtube, that was recorded in May 2013 8:23 seconds long, you can google, SHO meeting, and watch and listen for yourself, it came out loud and clear that the board was very concerned about the developer. This was May 2013 so perhaps by some stroke of luck everything has changed, I certainly hope so for all of the owners there.

Now as far as Armstrong Builders go, I would not want to have them build my home. I looked at a development that they put in on 25A, about 8 miles east or so from Belleview.
Here's where we get into only half truths. SHO was formed by a handle full of people that did not like what they perceived the developer had done. SHO has no legal authority with in the community. SHO came about when the developer sold the Golf Course and there was a dispute about some drainage ponds. SHO has done nothing to help the community. There were about seven or so individuals that started the mess and inflamed a whole bunch of people by giving only part of the story. I would not waste my time with the SHO group. That board you mention has no authority in the community what so ever.

I'm not sure what the Armstrong Brothers did somewhere else but the housing they are building here is of a decent quality. That's my professional opinion.

I trust very little what I see or hear on the Internet. Especially an 8 minute clip of a meeting by people I did not know on a subject I have no background on. That's my personal opinion.

Last edited by Steve9930; 02-15-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:44 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

My second choice if it were up to me would have been the U S virgin islands or the British virgin islands or actually Belize.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrc4 View Post

I went and watched the video you referenced. Yep its lead by exactly who I thought. As usual I heard only half the story and very little of the facts.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Gold member

Highlands, NC. Had a place there but sold it. I now have an acute case of seller's remorse.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Highlands, NC. Had a place there but sold it. I now have an acute case of seller's remorse.
That is a very nice area.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.