I'm Rusty Eden

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to RCT
Default Re: I'm Rusty Eden

Lassie Sylvania..... Would have to be a show done in drag, I guess, to make it somewhat believeble? :redface:
Old 02-03-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Mine would be ...Sheba 76th street...

Not too cool..The Villages Florida

You could play a hooker who works that street
Old 02-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscles59
Lassie Sylvania..... Would have to be a show done in drag, I guess, to make it somewhat believeble? :redface:

Wasn't the Lassie on the television shows of our youth really a male? In this soap, we have Rusty Queen and Petunia West. Lassie Sylvania could go shopping with them, I'll bet.

barb1191,

I just saw your picture as the intellectual bartender on Cheers. You look great.

When I made you the bartender in the soap, in that late on January 30 episode, I tried to work around changing your gender, but I could not figure out how to do it. The name was just too good to pass up. Anyway, you look wonderful as Diane.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack

Muscles59,

Wasn't the Lassie on the television shows of our youth really a male? In this soap, we have Rusty Queen and Petunia West. Lassie Sylvania could go shopping with them, I'll bet.

barb1191,

I just saw your picture as the intellectual bartender on Cheers. You look great.

When I made you the bartender in the soap, in that late on January 30 episode, I tried to work around changing your gender, but I could not figure out how to do it. The name was just too good to pass up. Anyway, you look wonderful as Diane.
Wasn't going to tell, but yes, Lassie was a male, but the character portrayed as a female. The Lassie that was my first, was actually the sixth Lassie from the series. We got him when he was retired, thru Mr. Wetherwax, who was the trainer of the Lassie's, he was a classmate of my father's.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:03 AM
Soaring Parsley

muscles59,

That is so cool that you had a real Lassie for your pet. I had always heard that about Lassie being a male. I never knew if it was true. I wonder why they did that. That must have been a great pet.

Boomer, a.k.a. Rusty Eden

Note on 3/31 edit - I am so confused. I don't know who had the real Lassie - muscles59 or RCT? Oh well, it's pretty cool, either way. I am digressing again. I must be off.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:56 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Boomer, they used males cause females would lose too much hair when in heat. What amazed me was when Lassie had puppies and they showed the pups nursing. My brother and I would howl laughing imagining what the pups were really latched on to. (Sorry, my family had a very sick sense of humor.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Administrator

I think Boomer needs something to do again.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Veteran member

I' in trouble...mine is Cindy Bedford...which is a problem because there aren't too many guys named Cindy unless they are in prison somewhere. ;D
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 03-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Veteran member

I'd be Duffy Green - sounds like an Irish soap opera.

I'm sure a DNA test would prove me related to Bernie Green, mentioned earlier. LOL
Old 03-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Gold member

Well, we never had a pet, so I guess I'd have to be known as "West 193rd Street".... '-)
Old 03-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Veteran member

Pudgy Connecticut just doesn't cut it, but the current Chelsea Abernethy with a child called Scooter just might add some interesting story lines
Old 03-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Soaring Parsley

NO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O :yikes:

I got up awhile ago, pushed the button on the coffee pot, let the dog out, threw in some laundry, checked the weather to see if I can stand to go outside and prune the heck out of my Knockout roses, and I was doing just fine.

I was not even going to turn the computer on. Yeah. Right. Well, OK. I would turn it on. Just for a minute. And I would, of course, have to look in on TOTV. But I was not going to log on. I was going to have a quick look and then flee for the rest of the day.

So I looked in. And there, staring right at me, was Rusty Eden. Tony had bumped it.

And I had to log on.

I cannot believe Tony did this to me. He must have been up all night looking for trouble. (I think that Jan once showed Tony's picture on here under the title "The Evil Administrator" and I thought it was not a very nice title. I thought Tony looked innocent enough. And he looks just like one of Mr. Boomer's buddies. And that guy is a really nice guy. So I leaped (or is it leapt) to a premature conclusion. But now I know differently.)

OK. If you have read this far, and you want to know more. Please let me explain.

If you are interested or killing time or whatever and you start this thing from the top, you will see that I started it as a game. - just a little game. - an innocent enough game -though some of the bad boys here were talking about a different direction. But Rusty Eden knows all about bad boys.

Anyway, the people here gave me some great names. And it did not take long until the names started to take on lives of their own and characters began to appear in my head. And I could not, would not STOP. Once Dusty Springfield showed up as a name, I was had. I really could not stop then. And I think I said somewhere that Skuppy, the bartender, was possibly my favorite. Skuppy, too, was surrounded by characters. But I grew fond of all of my characters. I was becoming pathetic. So I had to cut myself loose.

And now, I wake up, stumble to the kitchen, and here they are again. And they brought some friends.

OK.

I see here that jtdraig thinks he might have to change sex. It will be OK, jt. Let me explain. Once you turn loose of that soap opera name, it takes on a life of its own. The character is the character. And your character may have to pursue a career of which you do not approve. - Heck, I'm Rusty Eden and if that's not a madam then I don't know who is.

Cindy Bedford might be a snotty sorority girl who could hang around with Cricket Wellington who came on the scene early. But I gotta tellya, that last name is pretty intriguing. She might be a Hoosier and from the Limestone Capital of the World or her surname could indicate that she has spent some serious time in the back seat of a certain kind of car. (For further information, see the thread on drive-ins that was here a couple of days ago.)

mfp509, Wow! I don't know if you are a golfer or not. But if you are, you might want to just change your name to Duffy Green, permanently. A soap such as this one "As the Villages Talk" has to have a golfer. --- but it needs to be a golfer with a past.

Now, here's where it is. Please help. Please help. Please help. I do love seeing these names. But what would be completely wonderful is if more people chimed in, grabbed a name, and just ran with it, creating a character.

When I resigned from this thing last winter, I tried to get a taker. But I understand why no one would bite. It can be maddening. But I think you all thought you had to take the whole thing. But you don't. If a name that shows up grabs you, take it and run with it. Have some fun.

I saw on some television show the other day that there is a woman somewhere who is writing a novel by texting it. I don't even know how that works, but there she was, walking along, writing away with her thumbs. It is indeed a whole new world.

And, Tony, the Evil Tony, C'mon, What's your name? And give us a little story to go with it.

Boomer, aka Rusty Eden

--just tried to send this thing and lo and behold, marianne237, aka Chelsea Abernathy and her child Scooter just showed up. I think Chelsea needs to go have a little talk with Rhett Butler Spruce's mom. I think those two will have a lot in common. It sounds like they may have both been led down that well-known primrose path and then abandoned to bring up their darling sons, all alone. Yet they both gave those dear boys names that reminded them so of those worthless guys who did 'em wrong.

And Sidney, I see you are here. Just keep going until you find your handle. That has happened to some who are in this lineup. Just use somebody else's pet and and another street. (We will never know.)

So I really, really hope that others out there among you come out to play. Because spring is trying to arrive here in Ohio and I won't be here in the kitchen on the computer quite so often. -- I hope. And anybody who does not want to play or even read this stuff, just does not have to click on "I'm Rusty Eden."

Oh, and btw, I really do have a life --- or at least, I used to.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Gold member

Nah, I don't want someone else's pet and street; I'LL know that it isn't me, and there isn't anyone more difficult to live with than me with me.... So I'll stick with "West 193rd Street," uninteresting as it is.

Or I can just continue as "Sidney Lanier"!!!

'-)
Old 03-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Veteran member

Well, I never thought of the golf angle with Duffy Green. That is a good one!! I'll go with it.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:49 PM

Boomer,

I guess I'd be;

Queenie Larrison

Sounds like a Dance Hall girl on a old western tv show.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.