Immigrants to be Housed in 'Suites' Near San Antonio

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
What oath did we take when as took the land from the American Indians.
Like I said were all Immigrants just new rules we tend to change them as needed

WE didn't do it. WE didn't bring the slaves here. WE didn't harm the Native Americans. WE didn't keep slaves, WE didn't fight in the Crusades. THIS IS NOW AND THE ISSUE IS NOW.

My immigrant grandparents had to have a sponsor. My grandfather was indentured. People who entered this country legally in our lifetime had to be able to take care of themselves.

We aren't able to run our country in the black as it is. We cannot take in every soul who is not doing well in the rest of this entire world. WE cannot afford it. WE may feel very bad, but we can't fix all of the woes of the world. I do not like to hear that those who are against the present mess are painted as unkind and unfeeling.

We have more than we can deal with right now in this country. We need to focus on the people who live here first.

The Villages Florida

AND I would listen to the people who live in Texas where this is happening. Not someone like me from Ohio. Ohio and Michigan and Indiana and Kentucky have very few immigrants from the south compared to Texas and the border states.

AND I blame President Bush for first allowing the laws to be ignored

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-01-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
Im with you Trish. Im amazed of how many self righteous supposedly God loving people are out there with these easy answers to very complex issues. We have heard them spout off before, "let em starve", " bomb them to hell", " if they dont like it send em back to where they come from". I remember a guy named Hitler who had a easy "solution" to what he considered a complex issue.
I understand your feelings but it I just don't think any of this bodes well for these children. Where will they stay? In a barracks in a converted military base or prison? Who will feed them, wash their clothes and kiss their boo boos. A Government contracted group is doing that now. I know first hand that the Texas Baptist Men were helping in Brownwood, TX , but were sent home by FEMA who is now contracting out that work. Where will they work when we still have high unemployment? WE will all be paying for these children through our taxes. I don't see any humane solution here. It is tragic but PLEASE....what are we doing in our own country? We have 6000 homeless children in our area. We have thousands living in the Ocala woods. We will just creat another mass of homeless, unemployed people. When we find homes for the 6000 homeless here in our tricounty area and those living in the Ocala Woods I will be in favor of bringing them here. Until then, they must be returned.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
WE didn't do it. WE didn't bring the slaves here. WE didn't harm the Native Americans. WE didn't keep slaves, WE didn't fight in the Crusades. THIS IS NOW AND THE ISSUE IS NOW.

My immigrant grandparents had to have a sponsor. My grandfather was indentured. People who entered this country legally in our lifetime had to be able to take care of themselves.

We aren't able to run our country in the black as it is. We cannot take in every soul who is not doing well in the rest of this entire world. WE cannot afford it. WE may feel very bad, but we can't fix all of the woes of the world. I do not like to hear that those who are against the present mess are painted as unkind and unfeeling.

We have more than we can deal with right now in this country. We need to focus on the people who live here first.
The point is we forget the road our nation has taken to get here and we are concerned only with our selfish life style we claim to be caring and giving.
Truth is we don't want to others to infringe on what we have taken . The answer to all the above except crusades is yes we did
Old 08-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Got what the majority voted for! You think will will get worse with all the new voters?
Old 08-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Sage
Default Don't believe everything you read.

Imagine you're a 3- to 8-year-old child. You're totally on your own without adults.

You are asked to walk from Houston, Texas to Minneapolis, Minnesota on your own with no food or belongs to sustain you.

Then you're asked to walk an addition 100 miles past Minnesota.
Could you do it?

· How long would it take you as a 6 year old? (That's the minimum distance these poor, helpless little ones have supposedly walked from Central America to the border of Texas)... again, on their own. They didn't get lost.
· And they survived the journey without help (unless you buy in to the notion that a destitute out-of-work family run out of their homes by gangs and living in squalor somehow came up with $8,000 to $10,000 for EACH child to pay a coyote to take them to the border).

·
· How many days would it take for a 6 year old to walk 1220 miles without help, directions, food, sun protection, etc.?
Once again the US Federal Government is LYING to us.
Someone created and implemented this problem, and the media should be figuring out who it is.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

As I have said before, I am a very compassionate person but there are some things that just aren't being thought through. I was born and raised in Texas My daughter in law is a third generation American. She is also the first person in her large family to speak English. She is the mother of 3 of my grandchildren. I love her and my grandchildren. I am NOT racist. I would love her extended family too except I can't speak to them and get to know them. The wedding was stressful for all due to the language barrier. She was born in a small border town in Texas that today is still 92% Hispanic. Most living there are below the poverty level. These people have not assimilated to the US way of life even now. It makes any type of success far more difficult.

I posted earlier about the Orphan train that came to being because of an over abundance of immigrants in the Northeast. People could not get work because there were too many competing for the jobs. Parents sent the children (over 200,000) out to the Midwest on trains (called Orphan Trains)'because they could not feed them. Many very young were adopted by childless families and lived happily ever after. Most were no more than indentured servants. Many were physically and sexually abused. I see history repeating it's self. It is BECAUSE I have compassion for these children that I feel this situation must be stopped".
Old 08-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Gold member

"The immigrants will get medical screenings. Children will receive physicals within 24 hours of arriving at the center and women within a week.

"There is a dentist on site," Lucero said."

Our veterans and their widows and orphans would love to have received such prompt evaluations and treatment!

(CNN) -- Roughly half the schedulers at multiple Veterans Affairs hospitals said they received instructions from supervisors to falsify data and hide the true time it took patients to be seen by a doctor after making an appointment, new details from an internal VA audit show.

Schedulers said supervisors directed them to manipulate information so their centers could meet performance goals, which would help top officials get bonuses, according to documents obtained by CNN.

More VA employees said they were told to falsify data - CNN.com
Old 08-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
The facility is a refurbished detention facility. The rooms are CALLED suites.

Would it be better to have the women and children housed in 8x12 jail cells with a single hanging light bulb?

I doubt if any of the people on this forum would choose to stay in a refurbished detention center for 23 days.
To answer your question, it would be better if we had sane polices whereby the illegal alien women and children do not end up in our country in the first place.

This is really a simple problem to solve, but the easy pitch to compassion and “they’re children for pete’s sake” trumps it on the emotional level.
If you agree the best thing is to prevent the problem, here’s what the USG should do.

1. Apply political and, if necessary military, pressure on the Mexican Gov’t to stop the transit on their southern border.

2. Post our National Guard on our border and physically prevent any and all illegals from entering our country, in concern with the Border Patrol and state agencies.

3. For those illegals that get across, a logical step is to then put them on a boat, cross the river going south, and then put them on Mexican soil. Why has no one done that?

4. For those illegals that have to stay in the US until they can be deported, put them up in tent cities in southern Texas and do not fly them all over the country to put them up in facilities that, in some cases, include tennis courts, flat screen TVs, hair salon etc. This is idiotic beyond description, especially when our country is broke but that’s another topic.

As far as no one wanting to stay in the detention center, I think you’re wrong. There are all kinds of American citizens who would indeed choose to stay there because they’re broke. As one example, I would much rather fly a bunch of poverty stricken minority kids from war-torn Chicago and let them stay in a faculty like this, than illegal aliens (which is the correct legal term by the way)

This whole topic has descended into never-never land. The obvious reality is … it’s national suicide to have open borders, and we need to stop this craziness.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
To answer your question, it would be better if we had sane polices whereby the illegal alien women and children do not end up in our country in the first place.

This is really a simple problem to solve, but the easy pitch to compassion and “they’re children for pete’s sake” trumps it on the emotional level.
If you agree the best thing is to prevent the problem, here’s what the USG should do.

1. Apply political and, if necessary military, pressure on the Mexican Gov’t to stop the transit on their southern border.

2. Post our National Guard on our border and physically prevent any and all illegals from entering our country, in concern with the Border Patrol and state agencies.

3. For those illegals that get across, a logical step is to then put them on a boat, cross the river going south, and then put them on Mexican soil. Why has no one done that?

4. For those illegals that have to stay in the US until they can be deported, put them up in tent cities in southern Texas and do not fly them all over the country to put them up in facilities that, in some cases, include tennis courts, flat screen TVs, hair salon etc. This is idiotic beyond description, especially when our country is broke but that’s another topic.

As far as no one wanting to stay in the detention center, I think you’re wrong. There are all kinds of American citizens who would indeed choose to stay there because they’re broke. As one example, I would much rather fly a bunch of poverty stricken minority kids from war-torn Chicago and let them stay in a faculty like this, than illegal aliens (which is the correct legal term by the way)

This whole topic has descended into never-never land. The obvious reality is … it’s national suicide to have open borders, and we need to stop this craziness.
I agree. Compassion is good but some are forgetting a basic law of physics. Newton's Third Law. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I am afraid the opposite reaction will not be good for us or these children.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Veteran member

Just to be clear......I am not unsympathetic, nor a racist, nor whatever the term that applies here. I say that because it seems that nowdays no matter the issue, there is some label to describe all of your "badness".

The thread is about the use of certain facilitities...I get that...the counties have to do what they have to do.

Someone mentioned about the medical attention they will get...GOOD....trust me, disease is crossing the border.

Actually, there are a few hundered dead bodies that have been discovered in Texas of folks who did not make it.

What I want to know......SINCE EVERYONE KNEW THIS A FEW YEARS AGO, HOW DID IT GET TO THIS POINT ?

Not accusatory....I just do not understand how it got to this point. Can someone speak to that please !!!
Old 08-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Were all immigrants
“We are all immigrants” … that’s a nice truism. That’s really inspirational. Let’s see if we can follow the logic this seems to imply:

1. We are all immigrants, therefore

2. We must welcome all immigrants, even if they break our laws to get here. No big deal.

3. In fact, we welcome anyone and everyone from around the world … that’s billions of people … ya’ll come on in! We are the most generous people on earth and have unlimited funds to help you do this … heck, money is no object.

4. In fact, why even bother to have borders or a country at some point? After all, we are guilty of land theft ourselves and therefore must absolve our sins by destroying our country.

5. And, by the way, if you illegal aliens can get here, we’ll put you up in some really nice facilities on the taxpayer dime while millions of our existing taxpaying citizens (who are suckers apparetnly) pay for it even though they need help.

6. Come to think of it, how about if we fly our commercial airliners to Honduras, interview you guys there, save you the trip and we’ll fly you to your resort suite in the US until we can legalize you. Yes, that’s another great idea.

7. By the way, all you illegal aliens … don’t forget to vote (which is really what this whole thing is all about anyway)
Old 08-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
The point is we forget the road our nation has taken to get here and we are concerned only with our selfish life style we claim to be caring and giving.
Truth is we don't want to others to infringe on what we have taken . The answer to all the above except crusades is yes we did
The level of guilt exhibited is quite amazing and insightful.

When you use the word "we" are you also saying you, your family and your kids all did it as well? ie I'm asking you to please clarify that just so it's clear.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post

My question was NOT answered by this post. I asked if it was better to have the women and children stay in a refurbished detention center in rooms or in cells with bars on the doors and windows. The answer was that they should stay in unairconditoned tents in Texas instead of modern facilities. Wow, real compassion in the Christian mode!

Next it was said that armed soldiers be used to turn back immigrants and possibly use military force to go into Mexico to force their government to turn back immigrants. More Christian compassion here!

I stated that probably no reader of this forum would like to stay in a refurbished detention center (that is called a resort suite in a later post) for 23 days. The reply was to fly MINORITY kids from Chicago into Texas to stay at these detention centers. What? A refurbished detention center room is now a "resort suite"? Minority kids from Chicago being transported to Texas to stay in detention centers? What is next?
Old 08-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

The only true natives are Indians
We stole everything they had..The rest is history
WERE ALL IMMIGRANTS like it or not
Old 08-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
The only true natives are Indians
We stole everything they had..The rest is history
WERE ALL IMMIGRANTS like it or not
Actually the Indians fought each other like crazy ... the ethic of conquest goes back for eons. The real natives were Aleuts but let's not digress.

instead of shouting, I invite you to reply to my various points about your logical chain. You are advocating open borders, but I'm not sure if you realize that or not.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.