Immunization Records From the State of Florida

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2021, 05:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts
Default Immunization Records From the State of Florida

I requested my PCP to obtain my immunization records from the State of Florida. By the following day, my immunization record was waiting for me at the office. The immunization record contains the State of Florida letterhead on my record. My PCP's name and address was listed as the office which requested the records on my behalf.

All my vaccinations are listed with the dates administered and type of vaccine. I was most concerned about my Moderna vaccine and all information is correct.

To my surprise, Florida has records of my immunizations as a child when I was a resident of New York State. Now I know the years I had those vaccines.

My take away......Big brother knows where you are and knows where you have been. There is no getting away from that.
Old 06-05-2021, 07:49 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I requested my PCP to obtain my immunization records from the State of Florida. By the following day, my immunization record was waiting for me at the office. The immunization record contains the State of Florida letterhead on my record. My PCP's name and address was listed as the office which requested the records on my behalf.

All my vaccinations are listed with the dates administered and type of vaccine. I was most concerned about my Moderna vaccine and all information is correct.

To my surprise, Florida has records of my immunizations as a child when I was a resident of New York State. Now I know the years I had those vaccines.

My take away......Big brother knows where you are and knows where you have been. There is no getting away from that.
I like the idea of having my medical records available online in case of an emergency.
Old 06-05-2021, 07:50 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

A) never though gov't didn't know all that...B)you've made no point just stated a few well known facts-why? ...C)why post you've had the vaccine for covid?
Old 06-05-2021, 09:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
A) never though gov't didn't know all that...B)you've made no point just stated a few well known facts-why? ...C)why post you've had the vaccine for covid?
I honestly was not sure if the State of Florida had a record of my Covid vaccination. Now I'm sure and I'm relieved.

As for posting that I have had the Covid vaccine......I've had that fact in my signature ever since I had my second shot and am very proud to show proof of my vaccination to any business that requests it. Why hide it?
Old 06-05-2021, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:

But, but, I thought hippa laws was supposed to protect you medical records? Every company but you can get you medical records, you have to paid for each page printed. And that’s after jumping through hoops. Had doctor make mistake documenting one health problem. good luck getting it corrected or out of you’re records that any insurance agency can see.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:45 AM
Sage

It wouldn't be so bad if "they," who know all, got health records right but they don't. My vaccination records state that I received certain vaccines at Belleview, FL which isn't possible, since I lived far away from there at the time.

One of my husband's medical records from a large hospital in another state noted that he arrived at the ER heavily under the influence and was a habitual alcoholic. That gentleman of the same name (and social security number) was several years older and had one leg. Last time I looked, my husband had two.
Old 06-05-2021, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
But, but, I thought hippa laws was supposed to protect you medical records? Every company but you can get you medical records, you have to paid for each page printed. And that’s after jumping through hoops. Had doctor make mistake documenting one health problem. good luck getting it corrected or out of you’re records that any insurance agency can see.
It's HIPAA. One p, 2 a's. Health Information Privacy Protection Act.

And yes, HIPAA does protect your medical records. It protects them from very specific things that are spelled out in detail. You can read the entire act and learn about diffrent aspects of it online, here: Health Information Privacy | HHS.gov

Also, you don't "have to" pay for each page printed. The doctor's office has the right to charge you for them, but they're not required to charge you for them. Also, if you just want your information transferred to a new doctor, you can fill out a HIPAA form that gives your new doctor your authorization to request that information from your previous doctor, and the files are typically transferred with no charge to anyone.
Old 06-05-2021, 05:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It's HIPAA. One p, 2 a's. Health Information Privacy Protection Act.

And yes, HIPAA does protect your medical records. It protects them from very specific things that are spelled out in detail. You can read the entire act and learn about diffrent aspects of it online, here: Health Information Privacy | HHS.gov

Also, you don't "have to" pay for each page printed. The doctor's office has the right to charge you for them, but they're not required to charge you for them. Also, if you just want your information transferred to a new doctor, you can fill out a HIPAA form that gives your new doctor your authorization to request that information from your previous doctor, and the files are typically transferred with no charge to anyone.
OBB....I think you have that incorrect. This is what HIPAA stands for.......
HIPAA, also called the privacy rule
Old 06-06-2021, 05:43 AM
Default What HIPAA stands for:

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
Old 06-06-2021, 05:58 AM
Veteran member

D) Why bother to make this response?

We found this very enlightening. Thank you poster
Old 06-06-2021, 06:17 AM
Veteran member

My doctor told me that the national government as well as state has records . Isn't that a good thing ?
Old 06-06-2021, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:

Till the last line I thought it was going to be positive. I was disappointed.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Why not?
Old 06-06-2021, 07:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
My doctor told me that the national government as well as state has records . Isn't that a good thing ?
IMHO, it most certainly is a good thing.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Till the last line I thought it was going to be positive. I was disappointed.
You may be disappointed but the fact remains, our information is out there and that is something everyone needs to realize. Honestly, it does not bother me in the least.

Tags
immunization, state, florida, records, record

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.