Interested in cruising from a Florida port?

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2021, 05:58 AM

He needs to follow the science, no vaccine mandate, never cruise again.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:09 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Just heard the governor this morning and I think some of you folks have it backwards. He is telling the cruise lines that they cannot require proof of vaccination for those leaving on cruises from Florida ports. It violates Florida law and there will be a fine of $5000 per day per person for whom they try to require this. I’m vaccinated and already booked for a cruise. It makes no difference to me if the others on the boat are vaccinated or not. I took care of me, which is the only thing I have a right to do!
If I truly were worried about all that then I wouldn’t even be doing cruising!

Last edited by Leadbone1; 06-01-2021 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Sp
Old 06-01-2021, 06:40 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
This might be good for other businesses but it might keep the cruise industry out of Florida. Since cruising is different than most anything else it should be no shot, no cruising.
Wrong. Sounds like you have drank the Kool-Aid. We are still Americans and have personal choice. I’m vaccinated, but people that choose not to take it for whatever reasons should not be punished or kept from being able to do the same things I can do.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:46 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
He is trying to do what is best for the economy of Florida. There are a lot of people that depend on the cruise ports for their livelyhood and some of the countries/islands that the cruise ships dock at may not allow un-vaccinated entry.
Very true and some of the islands arent as strict with distancing and safety protocols. Or even cleanliness. So, yes, get vaccinated or stay off the ship and let the rest of us finally get back to cruising.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Very true and some of the islands arent as strict with distancing and safety protocols. Or even cleanliness. So, yes, get vaccinated or stay off the ship and let the rest of us finally get back to cruising.
What happens when you need your booster mid cruise? :-) "Get vaccinated or stay off the ship". Who do you think you are? Think about what you are saying before you type. NO ONE needs to get "Vaccinated". It's not mandatory and you sign any implications of the multitude of health and death risks away when you get it by your own choice. You people are straight sheep regurgitating things you hear with zero understanding of what you are talking about. I hope you have a great day by the way.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Just heard the governor this morning and I think some of you folks have it backwards. He is telling the cruise lines that they cannot require proof of vaccination for those leaving on cruises from Florida ports. It violates Florida law and there will be a fine of $5000 per day per person for whom they try to require this. I’m vaccinated and already booked for a cruise. It makes no difference to me if the others on the boat are vaccinated or not. I took care of me, which is the only thing I have a right to do!
You also have a responsibility for the common good.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:05 AM

Violates Hippa laws, unconstitutional. Lawsuits coming. Some people (sheeple) need to quit letting the media and government drive your fears.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
I'm vaccinated but every time I fly I have to wear a mask because others are not vaccinated. If I'm on a cruise ship and an outbreak occurs among the unvaccinated we will not be allowed to embark at some ports. When we return there will undoubtedly be some type of quarantine. The CDC is now requiring that cruises sail from US ports do so with crew and almost all passengers be vaccinated. Sometime between now and sailing there will have to be some resolution of the conflict between the CDC and Fla. law.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:11 AM

Like what?
Old 06-01-2021, 07:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

Cruising is a situation where people getting deathly sick affects everyone on board. I'm not a fan of vaccine passports, but for this scene where a cruise has to be derailed to get sick passengers off, it may warrant vaccination proof.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
Violates Hippa laws, unconstitutional. Lawsuits coming. Some people (sheeple) need to quit letting the media and government drive your fears.
Will your lawsuit include seat belts, drivers license,
Passports, vaccinations required to enter certain countries (ie: Yellow Fever), school required vaccinations. And all other government laws for good of all over
Individual rights?
Old 06-01-2021, 07:42 AM

CDC has already come out and said that masks aren’t required on cruises in their most recent ever changing guidelines, so that was good news.

Last edited by Pat2015; 06-01-2021 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
I think an exception makes sence. Espically since you are going to different ports that may require documentations. Going on a cruise is different than going to the food store or hardware so I can see different options for each.
Agree! This is no different than people going to MCO that are traveling to a place that requires proof of vaccinations where you have to show that you have been vaccinated, just like showing a passport to fly out of the country. No airlines have refused to fly out of Orlando that require vaccinations based on passenger destinations, and cruising is no different as there are definitely going to be places that the ships are going to that require vaccinations. Looking forward to cruising and going to Europe again! 😊
Old 06-01-2021, 08:02 AM
Default Vaccine misinformation.

Good morning. Gotta post this. According to the CDC and the VAIRS reporting system there have been over 12000 FULLY vaccinated individuals that have contracted covid and some have died. Many of you think this so called vaccine is bulletproof. What is the covid survival rate?
There will be covid cases on these ships. All you need is one and the whole cruise industry will shut down. Why? Fear and misinformation.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

I never needed to be vaccinated to go on a cruise before, so why start now?
I’m ready to cruise today. No worries whatsoever.
Closed Thread

Tags
interested, cruising, florida, port, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.