Interested in cruising from a Florida port?

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2021, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriceunger View Post
CDC has already come out and said that masks aren’t required on cruises in their most recent ever changing guidelines, so that was good news.
The CDC guidance to go without masks is for VACCINATED passengers. This does not include those who are not vaccinated. Read about it here............

CDC Lifts COVID-19 Testing Requirement for Vaccinated Cruise Passengers | Travel + Leisure
Old 06-01-2021, 05:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonip View Post
Good morning. Gotta post this. According to the CDC and the VAIRS reporting system there have been over 12000 FULLY vaccinated individuals that have contracted covid and some have died. Many of you think this so called vaccine is bulletproof. What is the covid survival rate?
There will be covid cases on these ships. All you need is one and the whole cruise industry will shut down. Why? Fear and misinformation.
The Covid breakthrough infection rate of fully vaccinated people is 0.009%. Do you realize how truly minimal risk there is? I'm not worried. I feel extremely protected with the Moderna vaccine.

I've been out and about without a mask and loving the freedom I feel. I still mask up if there is a sign on the door if an establishment requires masks. Those are so few and far between now locally, it is nearly like pre-Covid times.
Old 06-01-2021, 05:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
I never needed to be vaccinated to go on a cruise before, so why start now?
I’m ready to cruise today. No worries whatsoever.
Have fun on those "mixed" cruises which mandate ALL passengers to be masked indoors, distance from others and have limited capacity in their venues. Testing needs to be done also. That is not the cruise experience I'm looking forward to. I will only cruise on ships that offer 100% vaccinated crew and passengers. No masking, no distancing and no limits on venue capacities. No testing needed either unless someone is symptomatic. THAT is the cruise experience I will pay for.

Even the 95/98% cruises may not achieve the percentage required to cruise without the safety protocols. If that percentage is not achieved, guess what? That cruise sails with all those nasty safety protocols in place. Not for me. 100% is the only way for me to go.

The reason for my insistance of 100% vaccinated crew and passengers is not because I do not trust the vaccines. Far, far from that. I do not want my cruise vacation interrupted because of a Covid outbreak of un-vaccinated passengers or crew. Who know what those protocols may be by the time these ships get to sail. I'm not going to find out.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
So who’s science do you believe? Ron Desantis, who has been “open everything up” going back to the beginning of the pandemic?

Or the scientists, epidemiologists and doctors in the CDC, who continue to recommend no foreign travel and no cruising, even from U.S. ports?

I know what my choice is.
Celebrity Cruise Line has the first cruise scheduled from Ft. Lauderdale with 100% vaccinated crew and passengers and is approved by the CDC. So, there you go.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The reason to start now is the virus Covid 19.
I was going to say that but I figured Joe must already know that. Right? If not, where has he been since March 2020? I'm sure he is aware we have been dealing with a 100 year Global pandemic. Right? LOL.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I would.

My decision now is whether or not to patronize cruise lines or any other establishment that attempt to coerce me to get vaccinated.
No coercion at all. Just enjoy your life living with limitations. There will be more.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
FL isn’t losing any cruise line business and our Governor doesn’t have his tail between his legs. This is no different than going to MCO to board a flight to somewhere that requires a vaccine where it’s checked before you board, just like a passport is required for overseas travel. None of the airlines have pulled out of FL have they? Most cruise destinations seem to require a vaccine, and when he signed the law in FL about the vaccine passports, cruising wasn’t even allowed by the CDC. All is good and the cruises are heading out of FL next month.
Well, someone needs to get that memo to DeSantis. Just a few days ago, he was still spouting off that "cruise lines are NOT exempt" from his vaccine passport ban. DeSantis has also claimed he is going to fine the cruise lines $5000 per person if they are requested to show proof of vaccine. Get a clue.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
I was on a 2 week S.America/Antarctica cruise when COVID hit. No vaccine, and extremely few on the ship got sick. Two weeks later was on a western Caribbean cruise .... nobody got sick, and we were the last cruise in when they shut the port down. No more ships in or out, but nobody was sick on the ship. It is just an over reaction by the CDC to adhere to the CYA policy.
You were very lucky but I'm sure you already know that.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:40 PM

Quote:
FL isn’t losing any cruise line business and our Governor doesn’t have his tail between his legs. This is no different than going to MCO to board a flight to somewhere that requires a vaccine where it’s checked before you board, just like a passport is required for overseas travel. None of the airlines have pulled out of FL have they? Most cruise destinations seem to require a vaccine, and when he signed the law in FL about the vaccine passports, cruising wasn’t even allowed by the CDC. All is good and the cruises are heading out of FL next month.
You obviously don’t understand the issue.

The Governor has pushed a new law through that would not allow cruises to leave Florida ports that are following the CDC guidelines. The exception to the law being worked by the Governor would allow cruise lines to require passenger vaccinations.

He has to do this to save face and permit the cruises to start up again. Otherwise, the cruises would NOT be heading out of Florida next month.

Alternatively, the Federal Govt could tell the Governor to keep his nose out of the cruise business as it falls under Federal jurisdiction.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,518 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
I would.

My decision now is whether or not to patronize cruise lines or any other establishment that attempt to coerce me to get vaccinated.
You don't have to decide whether or not to patronize them. If you don't vaccinate, they won't let you in anyway, so problem solved. Live is grand when you don't have to make decisions.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
You don't have to decide whether or not to patronize them. If you don't vaccinate, they won't let you in anyway, so problem solved. Live is grand when you don't have to make decisions.
Seems like you're making some assumptions.

They will let me in. The ball/choice is in my court. Will the loss of my business hurt them? Possibly not but you never know.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-01-2021, 09:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,518 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Seems like you're making some assumptions.

They will let me in. The ball/choice is in my court. Will the loss of my business hurt them? Possibly not but you never know.
If you refuse to show proof of vaccination at a place that requires it, the decision to patronize it will be removed from you. It is THEIR decision. You can comply, or you can not get what you were hoping to get. It's your loss, not theirs. There are plenty of people who are fully vaccinated who will be grateful to enjoy a cruise where they don't have to worry that the guy coughing next to them at the bar is going to cause the ship to have to turn around to unload a corpse.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I was on a 2 week S.America/Antarctica cruise when COVID hit. No vaccine, and extremely few on the ship got sick. Two weeks later was on a western Caribbean cruise .... nobody got sick, and we were the last cruise in when they shut the port down. No more ships in or out, but nobody was sick on the ship. It is just an over reaction by the CDC to adhere to the CYA policy.
We were also on a cruise to the Western Caribbean and had a wonderful time. People were happy, carefree and having fun. We were eating in the dining rooms and attending the shows. The ports were beautiful and we saw lots of passengers from other ships in the ports, as well. No one was worried about COVID, not even a little bit. No one was getting sick that we saw, either. Not long after we returned home they shut down the port. Crazy.

I am NOT going to cruise if there are mask or vaccine mandates. Forget that. It is a total overreaction by the CDC.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
The CDC guidance to go without masks is for VACCINATED passengers. This does not include those who are not vaccinated. Read about it here............

CDC Lifts COVID-19 Testing Requirement for Vaccinated Cruise Passengers | Travel + Leisure
I am aware of the article. So are unvaccinated people going to be wearing tattoos on their foreheads or be distinguished somehow on the ships? I don’t think so, and don’t expect to see masks on cruises. For those who are concerned, they shouldn’t cruise.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerman View Post
You obviously don’t understand the issue.

The Governor has pushed a new law through that would not allow cruises to leave Florida ports that are following the CDC guidelines. The exception to the law being worked by the Governor would allow cruise lines to require passenger vaccinations.

He has to do this to save face and permit the cruises to start up again. Otherwise, the cruises would NOT be heading out of Florida next month.

Alternatively, the Federal Govt could tell the Governor to keep his nose out of the cruise business as it falls under Federal jurisdiction.
Is he letting airlines fly people to places that require vaccines where that needs to be provided before boarding here in FL? This is no different, and at the time the law was signed there was no cruising, thus there was no specific mention of them. Their are exceptions such as air travel and it will be the same for cruise ships. All will be fine, and the first ship leaves out of FL this month.
Closed Thread

Tags
interested, cruising, florida, port, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.