Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
Thank you, daniel200.
For what?
Old 04-27-2022, 02:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,038 Times in 465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel200 View Post
I don’t like junk mail. It never gets past the trash bin near my mail box. I found this link that allows you to opt out of those ValPak mailers. No name is required to opt out. Just your postal address.

Valpak Mailing List Removal Request
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
Thank you, daniel200.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
For what?
I thanked him for posting a link that I found useful.
Old 04-27-2022, 02:38 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,995 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Not true. The Post Office owes billions of dollars to the Treasury. You mentioned operating expenses, but that is only part of the cost to the taxpayers for the Post Office. For example, it doesn't include the cost for pensions and health benefits that retired postal workers receive. A postal worker who retires at age 55, will receive a generous pension and health care benefits for 30 years or longer, while performing no work at all. The Post Office does not consider this cost as part of their "operating expenses", but it is an enormous cost to the taxpayers. That is why they continue to need to borrow more money from the Treasury.
During the Bush2 administration Congress controls what and how the Post Office operates. A law was made for the Post Office to fund medical and pension obligation 75 years in the future this requires the Post Office to deposit between 5-6 billion dollars annually.
Old 04-27-2022, 02:50 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I don’t like junk mail. It never gets past the trash bin near my mail box. I found this link that allows you to opt out of those ValPak mailers. No name is required to opt out. Just your postal address.

All this for one piece of junk mail if you come up with stopping the other 100 or so mailing I’ll thank you.
Old 04-27-2022, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
During the Bush2 administration Congress controls what and how the Post Office operates. A law was made for the Post Office to fund medical and pension obligation 75 years in the future this requires the Post Office to deposit between 5-6 billion dollars annually.
That funding requirement is being repealed, and the Post Office is getting a relief package of $50 billion. But, they are still deeply in debt and getting deeper. See link.

Congress passes $50 bln U.S. Postal Service relief bill | Reuters

But, none of that has anything to do with the "operating expense" deception. The Post Office promotes an untruth that they are not a burden on the taxpayer. They want people to ignore the enormous cost of retiree pensions and health care, which they don't want to count in their operating expenses. But, that is why every GAO audit reports that the Post Office loses money.
Old 04-27-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
All this for one piece of junk mail if you come up with stopping the other 100 or so mailing I’ll thank you.
Well actually, there is another site where you can “optout” of receiving prescreened credit card offers. And it has worked for me the last two years.

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Consumer Credit Reporting Companies are permitted to include your name on lists used by creditors or insurers to make firm offers of credit or insurance that are not initiated by you ("Firm Offers"). The FCRA also provides you the right to "Opt-Out", which prevents Consumer Credit Reporting Companies from providing your credit file information for Firm Offers.

OptOutPrescreen.com

However, for this site you must also provide your name. OptOutPrescreen.com is a centralized service to accept and process requests from consumers to "Opt-In" or "Opt-Out" of firm offers of credit or insurance. OptOutPrescreen.com is a joint venture among Equifax Information Services, LLC, Experian Information Solutions, Inc., Innovis Data Solutions, Inc., and TransUnion, LLC (collectively the "Consumer Credit Reporting Companies").
Old 04-27-2022, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Watch out for the trash police who do not want you to use the trash bins by postal station for junk mail.

They want you to take it home and toss it in your own garbage.
I so look forward to meeting them!!!!
Old 04-27-2022, 07:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Well actually, there is another site where you can “optout” of receiving prescreened credit card offers. And it has worked for me the last two years.

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Consumer Credit Reporting Companies are permitted to include your name on lists used by creditors or insurers to make firm offers of credit or insurance that are not initiated by you ("Firm Offers"). The FCRA also provides you the right to "Opt-Out", which prevents Consumer Credit Reporting Companies from providing your credit file information for Firm Offers.

OptOutPrescreen.com

However, for this site you must also provide your name. OptOutPrescreen.com is a centralized service to accept and process requests from consumers to "Opt-In" or "Opt-Out" of firm offers of credit or insurance. OptOutPrescreen.com is a joint venture among Equifax Information Services, LLC, Experian Information Solutions, Inc., Innovis Data Solutions, Inc., and TransUnion, LLC (collectively the "Consumer Credit Reporting Companies").
Thank You now your getting serious.
Now if I could stop the weekly hearing mailings.
Thanks Again
Old 04-27-2022, 08:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,294 Times in 5,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I so look forward to meeting them!!!!
Wish they would get a uniform
Old 04-27-2022, 11:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,269 Times in 2,831 Posts

Junk mail is my favorite type of mail, everything else are bills.
Old 04-28-2022, 04:48 AM
Platinum member
Default High noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu from nyc View Post
watch out for the trash police who do not want you to use the trash bins by postal station for junk mail.

They want you to take it home and toss it in your own garbage.
what would be their response to the fact that we all pay for trash pickup in our " amenities" bill. I see dozens of trash receptacles around the various rec centers and fields. Is postal trash any different?
Old 04-28-2022, 04:58 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
It also keeps people working in landfills employed
What about all the trees that had to die so junk mail could be made( he says hands wringing)
Attached Images
b1e5ec09-98d9-4bdf-928c-57f498afe1e2-jpeg 
Old 04-28-2022, 05:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,167 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Old 04-28-2022, 05:13 AM
Veteran member

I happen to like Valpak....good coupons to save me money. I look for it every month
Old 04-28-2022, 05:23 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,290 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Our trash is converted to electricity.
Most junk mail is printed locally, so not really trucked around the country. And TV mail system is a highly sustainable model, mail truck goes to one place and drops mail for a few hundred residents.

And how much to send a birthday card or a check via UPS or FedEx?
Thank you

Tags
mail, opt, junk, required, mailers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.