Jussie Smollett.......Unreal.

Jussie Smollett.......Unreal.

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 05:27 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
He should be tried for a hate crime. That's what he tried to make everyone believe happened.

Old 09-04-2019, 05:28 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacjag View Post
Filing a false police report is, in itself, a crime.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2019, 05:34 PM
Sage

IMO Chicago one of the most corrupt cities in the nation along with Illinois. Not surprised he didn’t get charged due to corrupt politicians and city officials. Poor police and law enforcement *♀️ what slap in the face again.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Says City of Chicago's $130,000 Bill Is Their Problem

Smollett says “the filing of a police report, in and of itself, does not necessitate a sprawling investigation nor does it, as a practical matter, usually result in an investigation as extensive as the one the CPD chose to undertake in this case; rather, the filing of a police report enables the police and prosecutors to decide whther and how to investigate.”

Maybe they should just open the original case and put him on trial.
Americans pick their stars and heroes poorly.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:06 PM
Sage

Sadly, his attorneys are correct. How law enforcement chose to investigate was up to them. If part of the no conviction agreement was that Smollett pay the costs, then he should ante up. Otherwise, the city and state should suck it up.

What he did was wrong by any standards. I won’t accuse the State Attorney of being corrupt on this one. It really is a judgment call (not that I agree with the call made). The reality is false police reports are rarely brought to trial. Usually, the complainant pays a small fine and is adjudicated as a misdemeanor. For Smollett, the whole thing backfired. Rather than ensuring a long life on Empire, he destroyed his career and became a laughing stock and known liar. Personally, I think that’s punishment enough.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Typical...……….
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:22 AM
Veteran member

Will be interesting to see how this plays out if the lawsuit is not dismissed. I seem to recall (I am not wasting my time to go back to review the case) that there was a letter that he is alleged to have sent himself which did not evoke the type response he thought it should warrant, so the "attack" was a step up in order to get attention.

Consider:
1) He alleged a threat by mail
2) He alleged that he was a victim of a racial attack, identfying his attackers as two MAGA hat wearing white men AND that a thin rope noose was draped over his head
3) He is an actor on a prime time TV show
4) He has a connection to the state attorney (she admitted this when she "recused" herself from the case)

How could he NOT expect a full blown response?

Consider that people are being charged a fee when their alarm system triggers a false alarm that results in a response from police/fire. Also, people have been charged thousands of dollars for rescue fees when they have done something stupid that ends of needing a rescue.

I would submit he wanted a big response, but, and I will be polite, lacked the foresight to recognize that the response would be more than angry tweets bemoaning a segment of the population that he apparently does not like.

My hope is that the court does hear the case and that he does end up paying a significant amount of money for perpetrating a fraud on the city of Chicago. Remember that the threshold for a lawsuit does not require a criminal charge nor a criminal conviction if there was a charge (remember OJ?)
Old 09-05-2019, 08:19 AM
Sage

Chapelles take:

Dave Chappelle On Jussie Smollett Incident - YouTube

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2019, 08:30 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I agree, but he hasn't been charged, indicted, and convicted of doing that. The elected State Attorney basically said, "never mind".
Today's society sadly had become different rules for different fools
accountability isn't the same standard for everyone
Old 09-05-2019, 08:50 AM
Sage

The lawsuit makes no sense. They want him to pay for work performed investigating a false police report. But, the State Attorney dropped all charges against Smollett related to filing a false report. I don't believe they can even justify the lawsuit from a financial standpoint, because they are probably going to spend more than $130,000 pursuing the lawsuit.
Closed Thread

Tags
smollett, police, investigation, jussie, filing