CAR INSURANCE AND GOLF CAR INSURANCE

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Default CAR INSURANCE AND GOLF CAR INSURANCE

??? We're trying to gather as much info as we can before we visit in September. We would like to know what the rates are for auto insurance in Florida and how much does the insurance on golf cars run? crap

Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often
Old 02-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Gold member
Default Re: CAR INSURANCE AND GOLF CAR INSURANCE

We don't know car insurance rates, as we're snowbirds (planning to find out about Florida car insurance rates...). We insured our golf cart so that others can use it for those times that we might rent our house, and the only way to do this was through Allstate at a cost, if I remember right, about $42--pretty reasonable. The Allstate office is out on Route 441 going north.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:57 AM
Veteran member

We also insured ours through AllState for renters. Our cart was new so we have collision on it too. We are paying $76.60 twice a year.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 02-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Suggest you check with Villages Insurance. We received a quote to insure a golf cart from USAA and they were outrageous. Come to find out they rate Golf carts the same as cars. The Villages is an independent agency and we are insured by Foremost using an Off Road Vechile policy that specifically covers golf carts. The rates are based on the Model, year and cost of the cart, your driving and credit record. Its no problem to have an out of state drivers license. Rates will range from 70-$100 for the entire year depending if you add Uninsured Mororist or not and what deductible you choose for collision and comprehensive, but other wise this is for full coverage including collision and comprehensive. To insure you will need the Cart serial number and the Driver license number(s) of the main drivers. The Villages Insurance number is 1-800-449-2169 or local at Spanish Springs 352-753-9129
Old 02-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Banned

Car insurance at TV is no worse than in the Maryland/DC area - got the Golf car insurance through AAA Insurance at TV - under $65 per year.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:45 PM

:hot: Sidney,Linda,Caroline,Steve,
Thanks for taking time to offer the info.

Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often
Old 02-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Sage

Chas,

You got lots of good answers on golf cart insurance....basically 50-100/year.

For auto insurance.... I had to switch companies since my former company doesn't write in FL. Did some checking around and GEICO had the best rates/reputation for me. Just one car, a pretty new Camry, minimal driving, and a clean driving/insurance record. My premiums are about $600/year...a little more than I paid before, but, I had a 20 year history with my old company. I thought $600 was reasonable.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:53 AM
Gold member

A pleasure, Chas. Ask anything anytime and you'll surely get good answers on TOTV!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.