Knoxville Man Charged with Murder Over Dog Poop Dispute

Old 12-29-2023, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
I does make me angry when I'm trying to enjoy a meal and somebody leads their dog onto the lawn and I get to watch "Fluffy" sniff around then squat and squeeze out something that resembles the bratwurst I'm trying to enjoy. Watching someone enter your space (yard) isn't pleasant as it shows disrespect. Watching an animal pee or poop is just as disgusting as watching a person. Entering a neighbors yard without being invited is rude, disrespectful and unneighborly. Picking up the evidence does not absolve you of trespassing (which is illegal).
I am usually watching something on TV when eating bratwurst.

Most of the dogs I see pooping on our yard will only have their messes there for a short time as the owner usually cleans it up. Of course, that is when I am watching them.

I do note poop in our yard every so often.

I get more upset with the sometimes huge bird poops on the car windows as I usually need to clean that up as soon as I see it.

And there are some very big birds that fly overhead. Swans, pelicans, hawks, eagles, great egrets, great blue herons, owls, vultures, sandhill cranes, etc. Great blue heron - Wikipedia Sandhill Crane | FWC

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 12-29-2023 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-29-2023, 01:54 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Yes

Quote:
I does make me angry when I'm trying to enjoy a meal and somebody leads their dog onto the lawn and I get to watch "Fluffy" sniff around then squat and squeeze out something that resembles the bratwurst I'm trying to enjoy. Watching someone enter your space (yard) isn't pleasant as it shows disrespect. Watching an animal pee or poop is just as disgusting as watching a person. Entering a neighbors yard without being invited is rude, disrespectful and unneighborly. Picking up the evidence does not absolve you of trespassing (which is illegal).
The article is sad, but I get it. I don’t want dogs using the yard as a toilet. We put so much money into it as it is.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 12-29-2023, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,246 Posts
Default Dog Poop DNA Testing

Here's how some communities are "handling" it.

Dog Poop DNA Testing: The Scoop On The Latest Trend To Apprehend Offending Owners
Old 12-29-2023, 10:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I am usually watching something on TV when eating bratwurst.

Most of the dogs I see pooping on our yard will only have their messes there for a short time as the owner usually cleans it up. Of course, that is when I am watching them.

I do note poop in our yard every so often.

I get more upset with the sometimes huge bird poops on the car windows as I usually need to clean that up as soon as I see it.

And there are some very big birds that fly overhead. Swans, pelicans, hawks, eagles, great egrets, great blue herons, owls, vultures, sandhill cranes, etc. Great blue heron - Wikipedia Sandhill Crane | FWC
I don't like bird poop on the windows or me (yes, many times over the years), but birds, racoon, coyotes, bobcats are wild and free and doing what wild life does. But dogs and domestic cats are not wild and free. They, dogs primarily, but occasionally cats, are a part of (supposedly) the civilized world. They go where they are enabled to go by their owners. They don't go on your yard because "dogs go when they gotta go ". No, dogs go where their owners take them to do their business, be it my lawn, your yard, the pool or mailbox areas, the planted areas at the Squares, and don't forget the golf courses. The rudeness and disrespect for their neighbors and community is what makes me angry. I am never angry at the dog. Owner? Yep! A dog should never have an oops moment on your lawn because the owner should never allowed the dog there in the first place. No excuses.
Old 12-29-2023, 11:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
I don't like bird poop on the windows or me (yes, many times over the years), but birds, racoon, coyotes, bobcats are wild and free and doing what wild life does. But dogs and domestic cats are not wild and free. They, dogs primarily, but occasionally cats, are a part of (supposedly) the civilized world. They go where they are enabled to go by their owners. They don't go on your yard because "dogs go when they gotta go ". No, dogs go where their owners take them to do their business, be it my lawn, your yard, the pool or mailbox areas, the planted areas at the Squares, and don't forget the golf courses. The rudeness and disrespect for their neighbors and community is what makes me angry. I am never angry at the dog. Owner? Yep! A dog should never have an oops moment on your lawn because the owner should never allowed the dog there in the first place. No excuses.

I kind of find that funny. It is very hard to control where a dog will and will not poop. Especially with the long leashes. I use a very short leash and still have problems but pick it up right away. And the bigger the dog probably the harder to keep control of it and its pooping,
Old 12-30-2023, 07:32 AM

Pooper scooper laws started on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Just too many self centered people with their dogs (as in my dog can do NO harm). But, the East Side got together and got the city to enact pooper scooper laws.

New York City is on the forefront of doing things right for its citizens. Its a place where people have to live cheek by jowl and people realize the best way to get along is to limit just how far we can take our own liberties.

Notice how now almost every municipality has pooper scooper laws. Notice how even in cities without pooper scooper laws, people emulate the Upper East Side residents of NYC! Its a place where people get along and don't moan and groan about everything as they do here in The Villages!
Old 12-30-2023, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
If it bothers that much take action. See if confrontation worth it like guy in question?
Old 12-30-2023, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Cats get break cause they don’t bark and sneak around at night doing their dirty deeds not mention killing thousands of native song birds.
Old 12-30-2023, 08:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Perfectly said. But most dog owners don't get that. They really don't.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
I kind of find that funny. It is very hard to control where a dog will and will not poop. Especially with the long leashes. I use a very short leash and still have problems but pick it up right away. And the bigger the dog probably the harder to keep control of it and its pooping,
And I call that "Baloney". Train your dog. As a small child I could control my large German shepherd with a 6 ft leash. He was trained not to tug on the leash. I was trained to keep him off the neighborhood lawns. If you see your dog is not focused on you, fix it. Whether you like it or not, when you are not on home turf, you are the Alpha and are in charge. If you can't or won't rein in your wandering friend, you are the problem. Plain and simple. Dogs get only as much freedom as the owner allows. It ain't that hard to understand and even a child can do it. Dogs can be trained! I have never seen a seeing eye dog pee or poop on the neighbors law. Maybe they are focused on something. What could it be.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Perfectly said. But most dog owners don't get that. They really don't.
That is why, when the subject comes up I point out the utter stupidity of the response, "dogs just go where they go, can't control them". It is an absurd argument by irresponsible and self entitled and disrespectful individuals.
Old 12-30-2023, 12:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
And I call that "Baloney". Train your dog. As a small child I could control my large German shepherd with a 6 ft leash. He was trained not to tug on the leash. I was trained to keep him off the neighborhood lawns. If you see your dog is not focused on you, fix it. Whether you like it or not, when you are not on home turf, you are the Alpha and are in charge. If you can't or won't rein in your wandering friend, you are the problem. Plain and simple. Dogs get only as much freedom as the owner allows. It ain't that hard to understand and even a child can do it. Dogs can be trained! I have never seen a seeing eye dog pee or poop on the neighbors law. Maybe they are focused on something. What could it be.
You should go to some of the Villages' dog parks and see just how trainable these fur babies really are. And some of the dog owners are far more untrainable than their dogs and will do pretty much whatever they want no matter how much you scold them.
Old 12-30-2023, 03:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
You should go to some of the Villages' dog parks and see just how trainable these fur babies really are. And some of the dog owners are far more untrainable than their dogs and will do pretty much whatever they want no matter how much you scold them.
The way I read your response is that "dog owners are far more untrainable than their dogs". We agree 100%, if I interpreted you correctly. Owners are the problem.
As for the dogs running amuck, same as any gathering of any other group of unrelated/unintroduced canines might behave trying to figure out where they fit in this bewildering pack. Some trying to assert dominance, others reacting to over stimulation. Since dogs lack linguistic skills, they communicate physical posturing, vocalization (growls, barks, yips, whines or cries), and nips or bites for reinforcing what they are trying to convey.
As for owners, even with their linguistic capabilities, they (apparently) lack the capacity (or desire) for understanding.
Old 12-30-2023, 10:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
The way I read your response is that "dog owners are far more untrainable than their dogs". We agree 100%, if I interpreted you correctly. Owners are the problem.
As for the dogs running amuck, same as any gathering of any other group of unrelated/unintroduced canines might behave trying to figure out where they fit in this bewildering pack. Some trying to assert dominance, others reacting to over stimulation. Since dogs lack linguistic skills, they communicate physical posturing, vocalization (growls, barks, yips, whines or cries), and nips or bites for reinforcing what they are trying to convey.
As for owners, even with their linguistic capabilities, they (apparently) lack the capacity (or desire) for understanding.

The Villages probably not the utopian you thought it was nor anywhere else. I hear there still wide open spaces in Wyoming?
Old 12-31-2023, 11:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
The Villages probably not the utopian you thought it was nor anywhere else. I hear there still wide open spaces in Wyoming?
I love The Villages. What I don't care for is how so many folks believe they have a right to use other people's property without permission. Sadly, the problem is people, not dogs. And, Wyoming is nice, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Nice people don't take what they don't own. Using your lawn/yard as a restroom for their dog is taking possession of your property for the dumping of pee and/or poo and (hopefully) transfer of the majority of said excrement to the ubiquitous plastic bag. Do you go to your neighbors house, let yourself in without notice and use their tiolet? Then why do you take your dog to do its business at the neighbors house? Having a home in a community doesn’t mean everyone may use your stuff (including your lawn) as they wish. If the lawn isn't yours then KEEP OFF!

Tags
dog, knoxville, complaining, neighbor, shot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.