Kroger Home Delivery

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2023, 03:09 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts
Default Kroger Home Delivery

So who's using it or tried to use it???

How are the prices?

All-in, what's the cost of delivery????......10% more, 20% more

Old 04-13-2023, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

How are the prices?

Much cheaper than WD or Publix. and always on time
Old 04-13-2023, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gego3650 View Post
Delivery is 50 bucks a year. Orders must bed over 35 bucks
Old 04-13-2023, 07:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gego3650 View Post
"much cheaper"......compared to WD/Publix delivery or in store prices???
Old 04-14-2023, 03:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
One can make their own decisions, by trying Kroger delivery with $15 off first 3 orders. Some have issues with ordering online, and think it’s inconvenient to be home and open the door to pick up groceries.

We have used Kroger delivery in other states as well as in TV. I have never been a fan of Publix, and drive to Gainesville couple times a month for groceries.

Use Kroger as a fill in, and yes it’s cheaper than WD. Plus I don’t have to deal with carts in the middle of isles with a dog sitting in it. (Yes I have pets, and NO they are not allowed in public spaces) Plus if I ask for bananas 2 green 2 green and yellow and 2 very ripe, that’s what is in the bag.

Was at WF’s yesterday when a lady entered the store with a min-pin.on a expanding leash, which she had a good 8’ out. Manger let her know service dogs allowed, dogs could not sit in carts, and the leash was not allowed. She went back to her car because her dog couldn’t ride in the cart, or wander the store 8’ from her. Husband shopped alone grumbled how unhappy he was to have to shop.
Old 04-14-2023, 04:20 AM

i use them 1 or 2 times a month. I like their prices better than WD or Publix. We shopped at Kroger all the time up in Tennessee so I am used to their products. I pay the $59 unlimited delivery fee for a year. You do have to order over $35 per delivery but service is great and they have a no tipping policy.
Old 04-14-2023, 05:14 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Fast and on time. Weekly Specials are the best feature. Look for free delivery promotions
Old 04-15-2023, 05:17 AM
Default Kroger Delivery

I love Kroger delivery. I get it at least twice a month. The prices are better and I really like a lot of the Kroger brand items. The only bad thing I can say is that I’ve accumulated a lot of fuel points, which are only good at Shell, and those stations are hard to find.
Old 04-15-2023, 05:38 AM

Quote:

How are the prices?

We have used Kroger home delivery and love it! The delivery fee is $10 each time and what I like to do is have heavier stuff delivered — 24-packs of water and soda, etc. That’s more convenient for us. Prices are pretty good. I will say selection in some categories is limited. For example not as much fresh produce as a Winn Dixie.

Also, Kroger has a no tipping policy. I appreciate that because it takes the pressure off me of how much to tip. Sometimes I overtip people that are nice, so this policy makes the transaction in front of my home smoother.

And with just one exception, the Kroger delivery men and women are always friendly and helpful. Their trucks have freezers and fridges inside so cold items arrive cold. They are also prompt. Highly recommend!
Old 04-15-2023, 06:16 AM

Yes, as others stated it is cheaper and very convenient. We were always hesitant about having someone else choose produce for us. When in fact, the items we have received have always been of very good quality. Also they have wonderful customer service is you do have an issue or question. We now only use Publix as a fill in.
Old 04-15-2023, 07:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

How are the prices?

We have been using Kroger delivery almost 2 years. Bottom line is you will spend lots less than Publix.

Answer to your question: Unlimited delivery will cost you $59 annually.

Cost of goods is no more delivered than most stores and much less than some (like Publix)

Love Kroger delivery! We go to the store now only for emergency items maybe once every month or 2.

Old 04-15-2023, 07:14 AM
Sage

Thanks to all responders.

Old 04-15-2023, 07:19 AM

Quote:
They have an app download it and then compare the price on the app to WD and Publix adds you will find Kroger is cheaper on most items
Old 04-15-2023, 08:03 AM

Quote:

How are the prices?

It’s great! We use it every week. I paid for unlimited delivery which was around 70 or 80 bucks.

I highly recommend Kroger. The only issue I’ve had is sometimes they are out of stock on things.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:06 AM
Sage

Over a year ago we both had "the plague" so didn't want to prevail upon friends. I googled Kroger and decided to try it. The 1st three deliveries are free and "IF" you want to do more after that it's $59.00 a year. I decided that was a 'small' price to pay than to pay for gas, wear and tear on getting to a store and deciding the right time of day. Remember when the snowbirds/renters get here the stores are slammed. As someone else said, you need to have at least $39.00 in purchases. Deliveries are within a time frame of an hour that "YOU" choose and they're prompt. They'll even carry the bags inside for you. I have mobility issues so this whole concept is a welcomed one. Also, you can know ahead of time if a product is available or not...and you can decide if you want a replacement-item or not. SOME people may not care for any of this or will prefer what they do with another store and pick-up. I forgot to add---frozen items come frozen as the trucks are accommodated accordingly. Produce is fresh and meat items are just as nice as if you hand-picked them yourself. I don't think Kroger is expensive! The 3 free times afford you the opportunity to at least try them before you commit.

I need to have gluten-free items and if I go to the brick/mortar stores, sometimes have to hit 2 stores to get my preferred items. NOT so, with Kroger. Have those who say "they have items that aren't available"---so do the brick/mortar stores. They're minimal with Kroger. NO tipping is their policy! I will say early on I tried Fresh Market delivery and would never use it again. They substituted items and those were move expensive and my "suggested" cost ended up being more. I gave up when trying to set up a Walmart option as in my opinion the site wasn't user friendly.

Last edited by NotGolfer; 04-15-2023 at 09:43 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
delivery, kroger, 20%, 10%, cost

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.