Liberty University

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 05-17-2020, 11:12 AM
ithos ithos is offline
Member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 46
Thanks: 111
Thanked 45 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsocat View Post
Since when is it considered to be a CRIME for a person or organization to be GUILTY of being a Christian or Conservative in this country??!!
I took a little license with sarcasm to expose the true motives behind the baseless accusations.
  #17  
Old 05-17-2020, 12:58 PM
donfey donfey is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 7
Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

If anyone had the virus without symptoms and, therefore, wasn't tested, God bless him.
  #18  
Old 05-17-2020, 01:56 PM
Dana1963 Dana1963 is offline
Member
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 32
Thanks: 8
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Default Covid 19 Liberty University

There are over 5500 students @ Liberty University and yes there were students effected 1 tested positive along with others showing symptoms liars figure, figures don't lie.March article from the Guardian 3/30 I]Error 400 (Bad Request)!!1 was remembering all the criticism from the media talking heads two months ago concerning Liberty staying open. I checked today on how they did. They recently ended classes for the summer and had no cases of COVID 19 out of 1100 students and faculty.[/QUOTE]
  #19  
Old 05-17-2020, 02:47 PM
thomp679 thomp679 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 123
Thanks: 108
Thanked 116 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
If you are accusing Liberty U of carelessness due to lack of testing, look no further than your back yard as only a small percentage of Villagers have been tested.
[/url]
I am not accusing Liberty U of carelessness. I am pointing out the fact that the message Liberty is strongly promoting is biased and likely inaccurate. You can't state there are zero COVID cases on campus unless you tested 100% of the students and staff. If this is not done, it is just an anedotal statement.

Death counts among younger populations also is not an accurate way to look at risk. The number to be concerned about is the number of positive cases of symptomatic and asymptomatic cases. The younger generation can be carriers of the virus that can spread it to others unknowingly because they probably have higher asymptomatic cases.
  #20  
Old 05-17-2020, 03:11 PM
thomp679 thomp679 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 123
Thanks: 108
Thanked 116 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huange@verizon.net View Post
This is a man versus nature issue; not a man vs man issue.
So in your analogy of using drunk driving as a comparison to Covid19; is drunk driving a man vs nature issue?
Good question.

Drunk driving is not a man vs nature issue. It is a man vs man because one person is making a personal decision that can have serious impact on another person's life without the innocent person choice.

With COVID, it is a man vs nature issue because no person has the ability to prevent what nature presents.

The confusion in this situation is ithat it is the actions of people that introduces the man vs man element. Since people are one of the catalysts in doing the job of the virus by being carriers, our actions introduces the risk that one person's risky action can unjustily impact another person's liberty.

It is up to society to control the level of risk. Should we quarantine and if so, to what level. Complete quarantine is not sustainable so what is the appropriate level of risk management can we apply.

So the question always comes back to who or what gives a person the right to make a decision outside the social norms of the community that exposes others to an unneccessary risk they did not choose.
  #21  
Old 05-17-2020, 05:25 PM
Villages Kahuna's Avatar
Villages Kahuna Villages Kahuna is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Thirteen-year Villager
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 0
Thanked 35 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Geez, that’s not only the solution for COVID-19, but also a cure for cancer!
__________________
Politicians are like diapers--they should be changed frequently, and for the same reason.
  #22  
Old 05-17-2020, 06:19 PM
thomp679 thomp679 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 123
Thanks: 108
Thanked 116 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Geez, that’s not only the solution for COVID-19, but also a cure for cancer!
Nope, you cannot transmit cancer.
  #23  
Old 05-17-2020, 06:32 PM
GoodLife's Avatar
GoodLife GoodLife is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,188 Times in 375 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
I am not accusing Liberty U of carelessness. I am pointing out the fact that the message Liberty is strongly promoting is biased and likely inaccurate. You can't state there are zero COVID cases on campus unless you tested 100% of the students and staff. If this is not done, it is just an anedotal statement.

Death counts among younger populations also is not an accurate way to look at risk. The number to be concerned about is the number of positive cases of symptomatic and asymptomatic cases. The younger generation can be carriers of the virus that can spread it to others unknowingly because they probably have higher asymptomatic cases.
More opinion, no facts. When you have some actual data that Liberty U got lots of people sick by staying open let us know.
  #24  
Old 05-17-2020, 11:15 PM
DDVeteran DDVeteran is offline
Member
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 69
Thanks: 3
Thanked 94 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Liberty University is a hoax in the world of higher education, and the title of university should be taken with just as much weight as the designation of college in the title ‘clown college’. Founded by the intolerant charlatan televangelist Jerry Falwell, thIs tax-exempt institution teaches anti-science creationism, Christian revisionism of American history, and intolerance. Liberty claims to be the biggest Christian college in the world. Obviously they are ignoring other larger Christian schools such as Notre Dame. Indoctrination is more important to them than education, as the institution barely is a real educational establishment.



Last edited by DDVeteran; 05-17-2020 at 11:22 PM.
  #25  
Old 05-17-2020, 11:40 PM
Jerry101 Jerry101 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 86 Times in 9 Posts
Default One step further

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDVeteran View Post
Liberty University is a hoax in the world of higher education, and the title of university should be taken with just as much weight as the designation of college in the title ‘clown college’. Founded by the intolerant charlatan televangelist Jerry Falwell, thIs tax-exempt institution teaches anti-science creationism, Christian revisionism of American history, and intolerance. Liberty claims to be the biggest Christian college in the world. Obviously they are ignoring other larger Christian schools such as Notre Dame. Indoctrination is more important to them than education, as the institution barely is a real educational establishment.


Can I conclude that you choose not to believe the words of Jesus: ‘I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father but by me’! By the way his teachings also underline ‘love one another as I first loved you’!
Closed Thread

Tags
liberty, recently, ended, classes, summer

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.