Loading Dock - Where?

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Default Loading Dock - Where?

In about a month I will need to unload a motorcycle from a rental truck in TV. I don't think I'm up to trying to ride it down the ramp that came with the truck due to the weight and other factors. Does anyone know if there is a loading dock and ramp around where I could easily unload this thing? If not, other suggestions...... Thanks!
Old 01-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

Try and scout out a place that has a small hill and back the tailgate to the hill. The bike can be safely removed without a ramp and reloaded.
There is a small hill by the ballfields in the older section if I remember right.
A few months ago I helped my neighbor off load his mc the same way over at the rv storage area.
This has worked well for me with motorcycles and garden tractors.

p.s. make sure it is not a very big hill, just enough to be even with the floor of the truck you are removing it from is best.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Let's all give TomW a hand. Who knows where there is a small hill the height of a truck that he can scout?

Surely somebody in our vast membership must know of a hill.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Veteran member

How about trying one of the big box stores like Home Depot, Lowe's, Target, etc. Also the Harley dealer in Leesburg. There has got to be something on 441 that has a dock.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.