Longevity Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2022, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Do you have the assets to pay me if this does happen?
Not really worried about anyone collecting
Old 08-19-2022, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,911 Times in 917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
The guy is 89, diabetic and senile. He was a PhD physicist. Worked for U of Cal. Has PERS. She has teachers's retirement. They have lived high and each weighs close to 300 lbs. They needed to call EMTs when they fell. Huge Colorado house , "cabin" on 6 acres, $900K, Tucson house for winters but NO savings. Huge motorhome, PU Truck with camper, 1966 Scout, 1964 Pontiac, 1,200 lbs. in coins. But not sufficient cash to pay their income taxes. My brother has had his hands full.
Well that reads like he took advantage of his limited life span on earth and had all the toys and lifestyle he wanted. Hedonistic with limited empathy / social responsibility genes. must have been envious of the hollywood lifestyle to try to keep up with it
Old 08-19-2022, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,049 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Not really worried about anyone collecting
We have some collectors who have never failed to get people to pay up. Nothing will stop them not even the end of the world.
Old 08-19-2022, 05:06 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Well that reads like he took advantage of his limited life span on earth and had all the toys and lifestyle he wanted. Hedonistic with limited empathy / social responsibility genes. must have been envious of the hollywood lifestyle to try to keep up with it
Actually he was quite generous in many ways. He grew up on a farm in Kansas and could fix just about anything. Never threw anything away. They lived across the street from me for a few years, 1976 - 1983. He owned and kept the 1963 Pontiac Lemans, 1966 Scout and 1978 GMC pickup with a camper on it running all by himself when I knew him. He adopted her son from a prior marriage. He hates California and Hollywood but loves mountain living in Colorado. Although he was a U of CA staff member he worked at Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory (now Los Alamos National Laboratory) in Los Alamos, NM which was operated by the U of CA since the Manhattan Project. Los Alamos National Lab: National Security Science. I used to deer hunt with him. He could hunt and fish with the best of them. Very outdoorsy. He was a high earner with a good pension. She had a decent pension. They just spent it all as they went along. As he developed dementia he could no longer manage their finances which were essentially pension income streams.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 08-19-2022 at 07:06 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
longevity, insurance, bought, worth

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.