Looking for 8mm (Video8) Player or Camcorder to convert several old home video's!

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2023, 01:39 PM
Veteran member
Default Looking for 8mm (Video8) Player or Camcorder to convert several old home video's!

I've finally set aside the time to convert all of our old home videos to digital. As I went through our old videos, I found I had VHS tapes, MiniDV tapes, and somehow (3!) 8mm (Video8) tapes!

I have no issues with the VHS or MiniDV tapes - finished with VHS and working through the MiniDV with my old camcorder.

Unfortunately, I have no old 8mm camcorder or player to convert my last 3 video's. Any chance someone out there has an old one laying around that works and is willing to either loan it out for a week or so, or selling it at a reasonable price? Once I'm done with the 8mm video's I have, I won't need it anymore.

PM me if you have something!

Cheers!
Old 03-10-2023, 08:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,237 Times in 2,281 Posts

I have a Sony handy cam that records and plays 8 mm tapes, let me know if you are interested, PM is the best way then we can get together. I do not post phone number on open sites.

Tags
videos, tapes, 8mm, minidv, convert

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.