Looking Out The Window

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Default No snow yet in So. NH

We haven't seen any new snow yet today. I know it is on the way though. I am in complete envy of our best friends that are staying in our villa! We had to leave on 1/4 and they are staying on for another 2 weeks. Next year things will be SO different.

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:23 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I am looking out the window where I sit at work and watching a heavy snowfall that will be 3 to 5 inches by tommorrow.

What are you looking at?
I'm looking out the window and see a light blanket of snow that barly covers the cars and street. I'm looking at maybe a half inch deep. Not the 3-5 inched predicted. BUT I"M NOT COMPLAINING.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Just stepped outside. Nighttime temp. not too bad at 53, but...

It's a rainy night in Georgia. Lord, it feels like it's raining all over the world.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TOHK5Y/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk1"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TOHK5Y/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk1[/ame]

I couldn't find a wav file to link the song....damnation, I really like that song.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Default missing snow

Yes, I am the snowbird who actually misses the snow...especially during the holidays. Growing up in CNY where the average winter snowfall is 150 inches, we kids always enjoyed the outdoor activities in the winter months. As an adult, I lived in Chicagoland where there was more biting cold than accumulated snow and I missed the white covering to the dead, yellowed lawns and bare trees. Now as a retiree, I am in TV for the 5 coldest months up North. I love the myriad of activities offered here and, of course, the FL sunshine and partake in both. But I truly miss the change of seasons and the renewal I get from it every 4 months. I do not feel that planting different flowers in the roundabouts periodically or some (unseasonably) cooler/cold temps qualifies. My husband totally disagrees as he is an avid golfer and treks down here in September to play. Don't get me wrong, I love The Villages for what it is to me right now -- a second home where I take a wonderful vacation each year. I just miss a different type of home, that's all.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Gold member
Angry Connecticut

just got done snowblowing about 6 inches of snow,more to come tonight and another storm on Tuesday. Feb.1 cannot come fast enough.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Platinum member

Looking at a golfer trying to find his ball in the water and ducks diving. Had major delays leaving NYC last night because Delta canceled all of the evening flights to Orlando out of JFK due to a snowstorm that fizzled. Still inconvenienced. Gorgeous sunny day here.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.