Lots of reasons to get shot, but this not one of them

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2017, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,950 Times in 2,463 Posts
Default Lots of reasons to get shot, but this not one of them

On news this morning, desperate thief's stealing Diapers from Walmart. Walmart employee chasing them out of the store, bystander jumps in and eventually shoots one of the suspects. Got ask is Diapers really worth it? If I worked at Walmart and someone said go after them, I say you go after them I don't get paid enough to get shot at or killed.

Ok, flame away and have your fun.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Not worth a replay
Old 02-05-2017, 09:16 AM

Lesson here. Don't steal
Old 02-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
On news this morning, desperate thief's stealing Diapers from Walmart. Walmart employee chasing them out of the store, bystander jumps in and eventually shoots one of the suspects. Got ask is Diapers really worth it? If I worked at Walmart and someone said go after them, I say you go after them I don't get paid enough to get shot at or killed.

Ok, flame away and have your fun.
Witness shoots diaper theft suspect at Florida Walmart, police...

Just wanted to put in a link.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:55 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

What a sad, ugly story. Sounds like the diaper thieves were truly bad guys considering the car involved was gotten in a carjacking incident. Even so, I have so many questions about the shooter. I can understand getting involved in an incident where someone is being harmed in a parking lot, but to help security chase down shoplifters? Sorry, I don't get that. Wish we had more facts. Things just don't add up.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-05-2017, 11:58 AM

I have to admit I do not understand what the original poster's point might be. One off several thieves was shot and killed stealing store merchandise after an individual assisted a store employee in confronting them and felt threatened by their actions. A "THIEF was shot. And ????
Old 02-05-2017, 12:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
What a sad, ugly story. Sounds like the diaper thieves were truly bad guys considering the car involved was gotten in a carjacking incident. Even so, I have so many questions about the shooter. I can understand getting involved in an incident where someone is being harmed in a parking lot, but to help security chase down shoplifters? Sorry, I don't get that. Wish we had more facts. Things just don't add up.
I got the same feeling too Redwitch. Maybe, there will be more facts in this matter. Why would four men need diapers so urgently? I am watching "The Ladykillers" which has two villains with Irritable Bowel Syndrome one of whom gets the runs at the most inopportune moments. Maybe, this was an IBS support group needing adult diapers? Just trying to put in a little humor.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Old 02-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

I would like to know more about this guy that whipped out his gun and started shooting.................
Old 02-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I would like to know more about this guy that whipped out his gun and started shooting.................
Have to wonder if it was George Zimmerman.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

I'm very much a law and order guy, but shoplifting gets punished by restitution and probation or short county jail stay, not execution by bystander.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I'm very much a law and order guy, but shoplifting gets punished by restitution and probation or short county jail stay, not execution by bystander.
There might have been something else going on here?
Old 02-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
There might have been something else going on here?
Shooter has already said " he was reaching for something....I thought it was a gun".
Old 02-07-2017, 11:12 PM
Veteran member

Once the bullet leaves the gun ,you own any results from said bullet.
Yes I support concealed carry,but,this seems on face value over reaction. Just my humble opinion.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:50 AM

Exactly where is the line to be drawn ? What " Crime " deserves what reaction ? Remember we are addressing crime and deliberate conscious acts. Suppose an unarmed 250 pound man and walks up to 110 pound senior lady and say "Give me your purse ". Is it an over reaction if she is armed and shoots that individual ? He is unarmed and simply directed her to hand over her purse. What if you come home some night and burglars are carrying out your big screen and they ignore your direction to cease that activity ? Instead of your big screen, what if it is something you have worked hard all your life to obtain and it can not be replaced ? Please explain when any " criminal " appears to be " reaching for something " why you should not react accordingly. Please also explain why there is a difference in this circumstance between a shoplifter, mugger, rapist, arsonist, murderer, racketeer, etc. If the answer is, there should be no reaction to a " non-violent " crime, do not all " nonviolent crimes " have the potential to turn violent when the criminal is confronted ? Is the answer to never confront anyone committing a non-violent crime ? What a wonderful society we would enjoy in that event.
Closed Thread

Tags
walmart, diapers, shot, fun, bowdown

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.