Marijuana

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

What's wrong with a little marjie jo among friends?
Old 02-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Veteran member

The war on drugs was and continues to be a war we cannot win and one which has become a bottomless pit of funding.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Veteran member
Default sounds like a plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Another TOTV meeting place!

I know that in that atmosphere even a political discussion would be civil. Of course no one would remember it the next day...
Old 02-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Veteran member

Boogie its call Mary Jane least where I went to school. But agree tax it limit the acreage that it came be grown on. Make the money from it instead of spending
Old 02-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

How about a medical dispensary located at the huts on the town squares
Old 02-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post

How about a medical dispensary located at the huts on the town squares
It gives new meaning to the term "Happy Hour".
Old 02-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
No, i am a child of the 60's. Movie was made in 1936, originally titled "Tell Your Children", but we actually had to watch it in high school.
did it help?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Gold member

I was in my forties...went over to my aunt and uncle's house..you know, typical old aunt and uncle...found my aunt and my mother smoking a joint! I was sooo naive.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
I was raised ultra conservative. I didn't think of trying this till in the late 20's. Even in Vietnam I wouldn't think of using this. Later I did try it and realized it was just hype, for whatever reason. Never once did I, or any of my friends EVER wish to experiment with more proven, dangerous drugs. I did know many folks, sadly, that experimented with the many dangerous drugs that are out there. Sadly some are no longer on this earth. They were NOT pot smokers. The whole notion that pot smoking leads to this dangerous side is just plain gibberish. I think "Experimenters" are doing it just for the ability to be anti establishment, and would try the dangerous ones no matter what. The plain truth is we as a nation cannot afford to keep stocking our prisons and jails with convicted Pot Smokers.
Not sure if hashish is just a stronger marijuana or not.....but a neighbor's son, back in the Viet Nam era, got into hashish and later on, in his early 60's was diagnosed with Alzheimers. The docs claimed it was from the drug he smoked when younger, during the Viet Nam era. He became very confused, forgetful, etc. at age 60* and died at age 61. He went fast.
*According to his ex wife and daughter, he might have had it earlier than 60, but that was when he was diagnosed. He was treated at a clinic that was doing a study on the effects of the Viet Nam generation that did hashish.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Not sure if hashish is just a stronger marijuana or not.....but a neighbor's son, back in the Viet Nam era, got into hashish and later on, in his early 60's was diagnosed with Alzheimers. The docs claimed it was from the drug he smoked when younger, during the Viet Nam era. He became very confused, forgetful, etc. at age 60* and died at age 61. He went fast.
*According to his ex wife and daughter, he might have had it earlier than 60, but that was when he was diagnosed. He was treated at a clinic that was doing a study on the effects of the Viet Nam generation that did hashish.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:48 AM
Gold member

Hmmm, I wonder if the response given is what the original poster expected.

Forcing one's personal ideology on everyone else is becoming so out of fashion. I'm just saying...

Xavier
Old 02-07-2013, 06:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post

Forcing one's personal ideology on everyone else is becoming so out of fashion. I'm just saying...

Xavier
So True. What I find fascinating is how incredibly gullible folks are. My eyes roll back in my head when I read comments like:

I heard BLAH BLAH and without any verification or reliable source, it is taken as cut in stone FACT. My question; is this due to being Stupid, Lazy or Just don't care. We all should have left the gossip and guessing about things that are important or could cause mental or physical harm to someone in the middle school playground. I would ask that if you do not know, ask; however, if you don't know, NEVER answer someones serious question with a guess or WELL I HEARD etc.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post

Xavier
1. I do not think what has transpired is what I expected.

2. Not sure what you are speaking of in regards to "Forcing one's personal ideology on everyone else is becoming so out of fashion"
It appears to me that those who preach to be tolerant are the most intolerant when it comes to how others feel.

The point of the post was that in the midst of a supposed conversation on gun control and mental health as it relates, it is a bit ironic that our leaders of both parties are considering making legal a drug that ALL studies show has a very serious effect, especially on young folks, in increased paranoia. This in the name of raising taxes instead of cutting spending.

I find that ironic

I also will add that those who preach that you should be able to do anything you want if it makes you feel good as long as it does not effect anyone else must have a different definition of effect, as I believe that anything that destroys the fabric of this country or does harm to anyone, even though it is not me, DOES effect me !!!!

But again, not surprised that I appear to be in the minority when it comes to this kind of thing. I apologize to those who read this and found it intolerant, and bow to the very "tolerant" of you who feel I am old fashioned, political or whatever tag you find for someone who does not agree with you.

And I also apologize to those of you who feel that the MERE existance of alcohol justifies the legalization of this drug.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Sage

I think the only place for marijuana is for those who need it for medical reasons.

Somehow, I can't buy into general use, as some people will not react in a traditional manner, as I am assuming the effect it will have, is different, for each person. I can't buy into the powers that be, need to tap this as a source of revenue.

What ever happened to a balance budget where one doesn't spend more than monies that are collected for revenue. Maybe that's an over simplication of how monies are to be utilized.

At one time, we have a surplus of money. GOD forbid we should go back to those times.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Sage

Good discussion and great points on both FOR and AGAINST pot. I think it would be better than alcohol for society in whole, but since I love beer and don't have anything to do with pot, I say if we can't have both, THEN KEEP YER HANDS OFF MY BUD LIGHT. LOL I hear you loud and clear Bucco and I find nothing wrong with your thoughts on the matter nor can I come up with any argument to prove you wrong so, on.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.