Marijuana can KILL you

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I still love that book. Re-read it about every five years or so. Heinlein was my intro to sci fi. Methusalah's Children also way up there.

Sadly, I think the older we get, the stranger our land becomes (regardless of where "our" land is). Societies change and it is rarely to the liking of past generations. We frequently get lost in today's world, especially when we consider all that has occurred in the past fifty years. We've seen men walk on the moon, heard a guitar played upside down, computers that fit into a room can now be carried in a pocket, television has become common place and being able to view over 100 channels is taken for granted and on and on and on. And,yes, the mores of society have changed as well.

We oldsters aren't supposed to like a lot of the changes, I think. Remember, at one time the waltz was considered risqué. Maybe it is society's way of having some checks and balances?
Actually, I was talking about The Villages and how it appears that many have failed to accept change. Some of the comments on this post and others are so different from the attitudes that are prevalent in today's society. The recent series on CNN, "The Sixties" details some of events that affected our society and its attitude toward drugs, the women's movement, race relations, and music. The series is great walk through of a fantastic decade of change!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.