Medical Marijuana Coming To Neighborhood Near You

Old 12-18-2023, 10:17 AM
Default Medical Marijuana Coming To Neighborhood Near You

Go online and see what the residents in Eustis have had to endure with their new smoke house neighbor.

Keep letting them give away the farms, next we will have meth labs coming in.

County Commission approved it but now can’t help the residents with noise, smells, lights, armed guards and traffic.

I’m telling you fellow residents Ya need to pay attention to what’s being sold and developed it’s not all cotton candy and roses.
Old 12-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTownofLadyLake View Post
Go online and see what the residents in Eustis have had to endure with their new smoke house neighbor.

County Commission approved it but now can’t help the residents with noise, smells, lights, armed guards and traffic.

I’m telling you fellow residents Ya need to pay attention to what’s being sold and developed it’s not all cotton candy and roses.
Are you referring to the old articles from 2019 or is there something more recent?

You don't want residents residing near you but you also don't want farmers farming. Have you considered paying for your own 40 acres and building in the middle of it?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 12-18-2023, 10:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

https://www.**************.com/2023/...-the-villages/
Old 12-18-2023, 10:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Only 17 posts and already has earned a spot on my ignore list. I think that's a record.
Old 12-18-2023, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Thank you, more recent, but unless I missed a lot there is nothing in there about Eustis, noise, smells, or guards.

Summerfield might be arguably "close" to the Villages but it doesn't appear to be in anyone's back yard or anywhere near the town of Lady Lake.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 12-18-2023, 10:52 PM
Thanked 1,120 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:

What a bunch of nonsense. You can hardly equate marijuana with crystal meth! Marijuana is approved in Florida for medical use and it can be beneficial for a variety of health problems. Sooner or later it will also be approved for recreational use, not only in Florida but at the Federal level too. Then the police can focus on real crime and the case load in the Criminal Justice System & overcrowding of prisons will be eased as well. Not only that, but legal marijuana will greatly disrupt the drug cartels while allowing struggling farmers here to realize a new cash crop. FYI: Alcohol is probably the most dangerous & destructive drug there is. Alcohol is a major factor in vehicle fatalities, homicides, divorces, domestic abuse, suicides, assaults, child neglect, depression, financial ruin, premature death, and the list goes on. As for marijuana, just relax, no one is going to force you to smoke it.
Old 12-18-2023, 11:06 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Potheads are druggies.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-19-2023, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:

If it’s a growing facility, then there are greenhouses, maybe not as fancy as Village Grown, but similar. Yes there will be lights in a greenhouse, but a soft glow.

Not sure what smells you speak of, from the growing area, but I assure you Tobacco curing barn has a defined odor within 17 days of hanging leaves. Spent every summer either at the Tobacco or dairy farm. Can’t be much different than that.

Traffic, product is worth multiple six figures, so guards, yes..traffic no. Property needs to be secured area, it’s not like they do tours.
Old 12-19-2023, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Potheads are druggies.
Yes? And I like sugary treats. They alter my mood, so I guess I'm a druggie too.?.
Old 12-19-2023, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Potheads are druggies.
smoking weed since I was a teenager ,still doing it at 86 , ( non medical ) no medications , still in gym at least 5 days a week , rarely miss a day of walking 4 or 5 miles and ride my bike . I just went to the mall in Orlando to celebrate my birthday (86) and gave myself some new clothes at Hugo Boss , Bloomingdale’s and Neiman Marcus that I didn’t even need . Life has been very good for this pot head or druggie , I embrace everyday and night the same a I did as a younger person with as much passion as I can .Maybe more of you could use a little weed in your life. FYI it’s not about the price of the clothes it’s about keeping yourself up , experiencing new things , getting out the house in the daytime and nighttime you only have one life so live it like thats all your getting

Last edited by charlieo1126@gmail.com; 12-19-2023 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-19-2023, 02:38 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Potheads are druggies.
Yes they are. Of course, they will claim pot is safer than alcohol, that drinkers cause more problems. And tht my be correct.

But I cn enjoy a drink or two and enjoy the flavor. I wont be drunk.

But potheads arent inhaling the lovely flavor..its not a cigar. They are smoking to get stoned.

They are really pathetic. Those here tht smoke are still living in their disco years. So sad
Old 12-19-2023, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Yes they are. Of course, they will claim pot is safer than alcohol, that drinkers cause more problems. And tht my be correct.

But I cn enjoy a drink or two and enjoy the flavor. I wont be drunk.

But potheads arent inhaling the lovely flavor..its not a cigar. They are smoking to get stoned.

They are really pathetic. Those here tht smoke are still living in their disco years. So sad
Are the drunks at the village squares are not revisiting the disco days?
Old 12-19-2023, 10:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Potheads are druggies.
So are alcoholics, and yet - the Town Squares sell a whole lot of alcohol and even have those cute tikki huts where you can get your drunk on before you even find a seat to hear the band.
Old 12-19-2023, 11:10 PM
Veteran member

A ton of legalized pot is sold in Florida. Might as well sell Florida grown pot then pot where another state is getting the tax revenue.

The world didn't end when pot was legalized. I doubt that very many started doing it because it's legal now. Just better to not have the money going to shady enterprises that will do bad things with that money.
Old 12-20-2023, 04:27 AM
Veteran member

Legalization of Marijuana has only made things worse, not better where ever it has been legalized. But I suppose it is our right to get stoned regardless of the negative impact on our kids and public areas. And guess what. The black market explodes.

What is Los Angeles Doing About Public Pot Smoking? | NBCLA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPSyN6jhs7o

The Legalization of Marijuana in Colorado: The Impact - PMC

Seizures of Colorado marijuana in the U.S. mail system has increased 1,042 percent from an average of 52 parcels (2009–2012) to an average of 594 parcels (2013–2017) during the time recreational marijuana has been legal.

Past month marijuana use for ages 12 and older increased 58 percent and is 78 percent higher than the national average, currently ranked 4th in the nation.
Adult marijuana use increased 94 percent and is 96 percent higher than the national average, currently ranked 4th in the nation.
College age marijuana use increased 18 percent and is 48 percent higher than the national average, currently ranked 6th in the nation.

The yearly number of emergency department visits related to marijuana increased 54 percent after the legalization of recreational marijuana (2013 compared to 2017).
The yearly number of marijuana-related hospitalizations increased 101 percent after the legalization of recreational marijuana (2013 compared to 2017).

Marijuana-only exposures more than quadrupled in the six-year average (2013–2018) since recreational marijuana was legalized compared to the six-year average (2007–2012) prior to legalization.
The percent of suicide incidents in which toxicology results were positive for marijuana has increased from 14 percent in 2013 to 23 percent in 2017.

Marijuana tax revenue represent approximately nine-tenths of one percent of Colorado’s FY 2018 budget.

64 percent of local jurisdictions in Colorado have banned medical and recreational marijuana businesses.

Last edited by ithos; 12-20-2023 at 04:43 AM. Reason: added link

Tags
residents, coming, medical, i’m, traffic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.