Medical Marijuana Coming To Neighborhood Near You

Old 12-20-2023, 07:31 AM
Veteran member

I'm 78 now and my first joint was at 15. This whole thing about marijuana is a joke, the person who made the original posting favorite film most be Reefer Madness. I'm a New Yorker in the 60s and the 70s I did enough drugs to kill a small elephant and I also grew up in a neighborhood where putting an 8 hour shift in a bar was the norm. I no longer do any of it, I'm boring. If we can put up with people falling off their bar stools and crawling back to their golf cart we can live with marijuana. At least there is supposedly medical advantages taking a hit every now and then.
Old 12-20-2023, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
Legalization of Marijuana has only made things worse, not better where ever it has been legalized. But I suppose it is our right to get stoned regardless of the negative impact on our kids and public areas. And guess what. The black market explodes.

What is Los Angeles Doing About Public Pot Smoking? | NBCLA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPSyN6jhs7o

The Legalization of Marijuana in Colorado: The Impact - PMC

Seizures of Colorado marijuana in the U.S. mail system has increased 1,042 percent from an average of 52 parcels (2009–2012) to an average of 594 parcels (2013–2017) during the time recreational marijuana has been legal.

Past month marijuana use for ages 12 and older increased 58 percent and is 78 percent higher than the national average, currently ranked 4th in the nation.
Adult marijuana use increased 94 percent and is 96 percent higher than the national average, currently ranked 4th in the nation.
College age marijuana use increased 18 percent and is 48 percent higher than the national average, currently ranked 6th in the nation.

The yearly number of emergency department visits related to marijuana increased 54 percent after the legalization of recreational marijuana (2013 compared to 2017).
The yearly number of marijuana-related hospitalizations increased 101 percent after the legalization of recreational marijuana (2013 compared to 2017).

Marijuana-only exposures more than quadrupled in the six-year average (2013–2018) since recreational marijuana was legalized compared to the six-year average (2007–2012) prior to legalization.
The percent of suicide incidents in which toxicology results were positive for marijuana has increased from 14 percent in 2013 to 23 percent in 2017.

Marijuana tax revenue represent approximately nine-tenths of one percent of Colorado’s FY 2018 budget.

64 percent of local jurisdictions in Colorado have banned medical and recreational marijuana businesses.
the word is moderation just like with alcohol , why don’t you print some figures about the danger of alcohol , or you just have to look around the villages and quote figures about the dangers of eating to much , moderation in every thing , also the legal states in the marijuana business ,brought in $3.77 billion in 2022in tax revenue Just think how much more revenue there would be in Florida if it was taxed ..So for me I’ll keep buying the illegal weed when I’m in the villages and enjoying a nice joint with some wine and maybe a little Miles Davis.I’ve said I’ve been enjoying weed since a teenager ,but I’ve probably had maybe 3 or 4 cigarettes in my whole life and never finished them
Old 12-20-2023, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
the word is moderation just like with alcohol , why don’t you print some figures about the danger of alcohol , or you just have to look around the villages and quote figures about the dangers of eating to much , moderation in every thing , also the legal states in the marijuana business ,brought in $3.77 billion in 2022in tax revenue Just think how much more revenue there would be in Florida if it was taxed ..So for me I’ll keep buying the illegal weed when I’m in the villages and enjoying a nice joint with some wine and maybe a little Miles Davis.I’ve said I’ve been enjoying weed since a teenager ,but I’ve probably had maybe 3 or 4 cigarettes in my whole life and never finished them
I can't stand smoke of any kind. But, in brownies with walnuts, Yeah!
Old 12-20-2023, 09:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTownofLadyLake View Post
Go online and see what the residents in Eustis have had to endure with their new smoke house neighbor.

Keep letting them give away the farms, next we will have meth labs coming in.

County Commission approved it but now can’t help the residents with noise, smells, lights, armed guards and traffic.

I’m telling you fellow residents Ya need to pay attention to what’s being sold and developed it’s not all cotton candy and roses.

No room neighborhood already full of all sorts of Marry Jane products.
Old 12-20-2023, 09:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
smoking weed since I was a teenager ,still doing it at 86 , ( non medical ) no medications , still in gym at least 5 days a week , rarely miss a day of walking 4 or 5 miles and ride my bike . I just went to the mall in Orlando to celebrate my birthday (86) and gave myself some new clothes at Hugo Boss , Bloomingdale’s and Neiman Marcus that I didn’t even need . Life has been very good for this pot head or druggie , I embrace everyday and night the same a I did as a younger person with as much passion as I can .Maybe more of you could use a little weed in your life. FYI it’s not about the price of the clothes it’s about keeping yourself up , experiencing new things , getting out the house in the daytime and nighttime you only have one life so live it like thats all your getting

So that makes it ok. How did even not get tested working for federal government? I got tested 48 times in 41 years. Never was worried about testing positive but worried about contracted testers making errors and ending my career with one strike and you’re out.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 12-20-2023 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-20-2023, 09:50 PM
Sage

Quote:

Cause alcohol and tobacco legal. Last time I heard over eating was legal also.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 12-20-2023 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-20-2023, 09:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
I'm 78 now and my first joint was at 15. This whole thing about marijuana is a joke, the person who made the original posting favorite film most be Reefer Madness. I'm a New Yorker in the 60s and the 70s I did enough drugs to kill a small elephant and I also grew up in a neighborhood where putting an 8 hour shift in a bar was the norm. I no longer do any of it, I'm boring. If we can put up with people falling off their bar stools and crawling back to their golf cart we can live with marijuana. At least there is supposedly medical advantages taking a hit every now and then.
Some of use had jobs where it was instant dismissal it caught with illegal drugs in your system.
Old 12-20-2023, 09:57 PM
Sage

Might as well make it legal probably 80% high on illegal drugs anyway, especially here in villages. It only 400 billion dollar year busy.
Old 12-21-2023, 12:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote:
County Commission approved it but now can’t help the residents with noise, smells, lights, armed guards and traffic.
The smell would beat the hell out of living downwind from a sewage treatment plant.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Potheads are druggies.
Cave man mentality
Old 12-21-2023, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Cause alcohol and tobacco legal. Last time I heard over eating was legal also.
I posted that in reply to all the health and suicidal stats that were being posted about weed , I was pointing out that alcohol , tobacco and over eating are responsible for much more damage to our health and are a much more drain on our economy in lost work days, accidents and the high cost of health care .
Old 12-29-2023, 02:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Go online and see what the residents in Eustis have had to endure with their new smoke house neighbor.

Keep letting them give away the farms, next we will have meth labs coming in.

I’m telling you fellow residents Ya need to pay attention to what’s being sold and developed it’s not all cotton candy and roses.
I'm 82, never smoked it, never will. Sounds like a bad habit, to me, YMMV.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 12-29-2023, 04:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Yes they are. Of course, they will claim pot is safer than alcohol, that drinkers cause more problems. And tht my be correct.

But I cn enjoy a drink or two and enjoy the flavor. I wont be drunk.

But potheads arent inhaling the lovely flavor..its not a cigar. They are smoking to get stoned.

They are really pathetic. Those here tht smoke are still living in their disco years. So sad
I drink to get drunk. Alcohol doesn't taste good. That's why we mask it with all sorts of flavors.

As far as weed, I don't mind if people smoke. I don't love the smell and don't want it around all the time. I smoked when I was a teenager but I never liked it. I just feel paranoid on it. When it became legal in MA I tried it again (at like age 49) and hated it. Couldn't wait for the hi to go away. But damn I like my cocktails.

The only thing I don't like about kids and weed these days is they treat it as a lifestyle, not just an occasional party. They smoke morning, noon, and night. It's worse than my caffeine addiction in college. But other than that as long as it's not in my face I don't really care. I don't feel it's a gateway drug. Actually I only think of it as a gateway drug if it was illegal. That's what leads people down the path of dealing with drug dealers that want them hooked on worse drugs. If they can buy it at a local dispensary they aren't being sold coke at the same time.
Old 12-29-2023, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
I drink to get drunk. Alcohol doesn't taste good. That's why we mask it with all sorts of flavors.

As far as weed, I don't mind if people smoke. I don't love the smell and don't want it around all the time. I smoked when I was a teenager but I never liked it. I just feel paranoid on it. When it became legal in MA I tried it again (at like age 49) and hated it. Couldn't wait for the hi to go away. But damn I like my cocktails.

The only thing I don't like about kids and weed these days is they treat it as a lifestyle, not just an occasional party. They smoke morning, noon, and night. It's worse than my caffeine addiction in college. But other than that as long as it's not in my face I don't really care. I don't feel it's a gateway drug. Actually I only think of it as a gateway drug if it was illegal. That's what leads people down the path of dealing with drug dealers that want them hooked on worse drugs. If they can buy it at a local dispensary they aren't being sold coke at the same time.
"I drink to get drunk. Alcohol doesn't taste good. That's why we mask it with all sorts of flavors."

Sacrilege!

Ever try Slivovitz? Croatian plum brandy. Also Slovenian and Serbian. Some of the liquor stores around here sell it. Maraska is the best, also the most expensive. (like anything else, you get what you pay for). Sort of an acquired taste. But for as long as I can remember it has been a part of every religious celebration, wedding and funeral since I've been old enough to partake (12, I think).
Old 12-30-2023, 07:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
"I drink to get drunk. Alcohol doesn't taste good. That's why we mask it with all sorts of flavors."

Sacrilege!

Ever try Slivovitz? Croatian plum brandy. Also Slovenian and Serbian. Some of the liquor stores around here sell it. Maraska is the best, also the most expensive. (like anything else, you get what you pay for). Sort of an acquired taste. But for as long as I can remember it has been a part of every religious celebration, wedding and funeral since I've been old enough to partake (12, I think).
Ahh but does that not have flavor other than ethanol? I don't know anyone that would argue that pure vodka taste good. Some smoother than others, but ethanol in and of itself does not taste good. When I say we mask it with flavors it's anything from adding flavors to distilling without removing all flavors, to aging in wood.

Tags
residents, coming, medical, i’m, traffic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.