Men's hair styles. Do you like the new man bun?

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2017, 06:30 AM
Sage
Default Men's hair styles. Do you like the new man bun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
72 degrees here yesterday. No trouble with my man buns. What was the heat index there yesterday ?

Just under 100, rustyp. The way I like it. 72 - kind of winterish isn't it? [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by dbussone; 06-25-2017 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

This whole thread cracks me the heck up.

Had the internet/TOTV been around in the early 60's, someone would have started a similar thread bemoaning the haircut of that British rock group whose name sounds like a bug...and how their hair was too long and went over their ears.

And back then, like now, the comments would have been made mostly by those...who haven't really taken a hard look in the mirror recently.

The more things change...the more they stay the same.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
This whole thread cracks me the heck up.

Had the internet/TOTV been around in the early 60's, someone would have started a similar thread bemoaning the haircut of that British rock group whose name sounds like a bug...and how their hair was too long and went over their ears.

And back then, like now, the comments would have been made mostly by those...who haven't really taken a hard look in the mirror recently.

The more things change...the more they stay the same.
Well luv, I loved the Beatles haircuts. They looked like British schoolboys. I see no reason for you to disparage the OP or the posters for starting or adding to a thread giving their opinion on what really in my opinion is an extreme style. I follow closely on Facebook many families that our family has known for up to fifty years and more and it is interesting to me that the kids and grandkids of these families who have maintained a successful life style and made their marks, stayed out of trouble and drugs, are continuing with successful kids who dress and cut their hair pretty traditionally.

I cannot help but wonder what your mirror shows you.

These are sketches I did of our grandchildren about five years ago. I think their hair styles show that they are with it, but not out of it.

P.S. I sketched our granddaughter as she was discussing politics with me. We don't always agree and I think I nailed her look.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	000_2822.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	69820  

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-25-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Well luv, I loved the Beatles haircuts. They looked like British schoolboys. I see no reason for you to disparage the OP or the posters for starting or adding to a thread giving their opinion on what really in my opinion is an extreme style. I follow closely on Facebook many families that our family has known for up to fifty years and more and it is interesting to me that the kids and grandkids of these families who have maintained a successful life style and made their marks, stayed out of trouble and drugs, are continuing with successful kids who dress and cut their hair pretty traditionally.

These are sketches I did of our grandchildren about five years ago. I think their hair styles show that they are with it, but not out of it.

P.S. I sketched our granddaughter as she was discussing politics with me. We don't always agree and I think I nailed her look.
Nice pictures graciegirl.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:48 AM

No, screams, I Lazy and cheap, no pride in appearance, slave to a bad fad, look at me.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:45 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I have no issue with people not liking man buns, long hair on men, male ponytails, comb overs, etc. I have some serious issues with people calling a hair style "effeminate", which has now been done twice in this thread.

Some men can look good with whatever style they choose to wear. Some men look like jokes. Most men try to keep the style they had at 16, provided they have the hair. Style change is not in their vocabulary.

Personally, I dislike shaved heads. Few men can wear that style well, whether 26 or 66. Even so, I would never dream of calling them names or disparaging their hair choice. I find it really sad that differences in taste must be put down or made jokes of. That's just wrong, unkind and pathetic.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-25-2017, 11:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Truly impressive. Talented.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I have no issue with people not liking man buns, long hair on men, male ponytails, comb overs, etc. I have some serious issues with people calling a hair style "effeminate", which has now been done twice in this thread.

Some men can look good with whatever style they choose to wear. Some men look like jokes. Most men try to keep the style they had at 16, provided they have the hair. Style change is not in their vocabulary.

Personally, I dislike shaved heads. Few men can wear that style well, whether 26 or 66. Even so, I would never dream of calling them names or disparaging their hair choice. I find it really sad that differences in taste must be put down or made jokes of. That's just wrong, unkind and pathetic.

Differences in taste and discussion of differences in taste is part of the Freedom of Speech we enjoy. MOST of us do joke about being a "sissy" male OR female. (I am still not lovin' goin' to the dentist and my husband doesn't like movies about the occult.)We all do make light of our normal gender differences. I was born white and a female. I was born with certain genetic traits that govern my health and I believe quite a bit of my personality. I was born good at drawing and not so great at catching a ball. I will joke about the good ball catchers and some will joke about the drawing people. Humor sometimes does become bullying if it is meant to disparage and hurt. I don't watch certain late night talk shows anymore.

It is all how you look at things. It is all how you ARE. I cannot become a transgender person. I cannot become an Asian person. I cannot become young and I will never be the center for the Celtics.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:59 AM
Sage

Sorry, Gracie, but no one I know makes "sissy" jokes. It may be a West Coast thing, but it's just not done. Freedom of speech allows you to say almost anything you please -- just don't yell "fire" in a theater. Just because you have the freedom to say whatever you please, doesn't mean you should. Over time, most of us have learned to not use racially-derogatory words because they're wrong and hurtful. We've learned to not make jokes about physical or mental disabilities. Sissy, effeminate, etc. are words frequently used today to disparage gay men (safer than using the F word). To accept it as socially acceptable in some circles is not something I can do. Sorry, just goes against my grain and everything I believe in.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-25-2017, 12:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
1. I wasn't joking
2. I somehow doubt it makes you sad. I think is simply Pi55es you off,
1. I had no doubt that you were dead serious about your comment. That didn't make it any less offensive or wrong to me.

2. Unkindness always makes sad. Always has, always will. If you were to direct those comments towards me, I would probably get angry. Sissy, effeminate are not words that could be directed at me. I'm neither gay nor male, so why would they get me angry? When you use words to disparage someone because they are different from you, when they don't share your sensibilities, to make you look bigger, better, stronger, more powerful, it doesn't anger me, it saddens me. I keep hoping for a better, kinder, gentler world. I truly find it sad that we're not getting there.

Old 06-25-2017, 12:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
1. I had no doubt that you were dead serious about your comment. That didn't make it any less offensive or wrong to me.

2. Unkindness always makes sad. Always has, always will. If you were to direct those comments towards me, I would probably get angry. Sissy, effeminate are not words that could be directed at me. I'm neither gay nor male, so why would they get me angry? When you use words to disparage someone because they are different from you, when they don't share your sensibilities, to make you look bigger, better, stronger, more powerful, it doesn't anger me, it saddens me. I keep hoping for a better, kinder, gentler world. I truly find it sad that we're not getting there.
You are right about that. None of the divides are narrowing. Unfortunately, cultural polarization has reached a point of rancor that manifests by making many of us feel that those with whom we disagree are malevolent.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:50 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post

It's like Looking at the Rear End Of A Horse.

So that's what's under a Pony's Tail.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sorry, Gracie, but no one I know makes "sissy" jokes. It may be a West Coast thing, but it's just not done. Freedom of speech allows you to say almost anything you please -- just don't yell "fire" in a theater. Just because you have the freedom to say whatever you please, doesn't mean you should. Over time, most of us have learned to not use racially-derogatory words because they're wrong and hurtful. We've learned to not make jokes about physical or mental disabilities. Sissy, effeminate, etc. are words frequently used today to disparage gay men (safer than using the F word). To accept it as socially acceptable in some circles is not something I can do. Sorry, just goes against my grain and everything I believe in.
I have never disparaged gay men with the word "sissy". I sure have heard it plenty of times with half a smile to me when I would hold back doing a lot of things because I was and am a big sissy. I am not generally a risk taker. I am a tiny bit of a coward and another word for that is sissy. I am not the one who says "Here. Hold my beer". I am a sissy. This is a perfect example of political correctness ****ing me off.

what does sissy mean - Bing

Gracie aka a sissy. BUT the pen is mightier than the sword and computer keys are pretty good too.

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-25-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:26 PM
Platinum member

Spacek is a Sissy.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:36 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Someone with a man bun reminds me of one word: Lemming

Tags
pony, tails, men, bun, hair

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.