Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
two words explain trophy hunting by men: micropenile compensation
Old 07-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Minnesota Dentist Kills the wrong lion....will likely lose a lot of $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Here is the story about the lion kill

Here is part of the blowback. The webserver is down at his business, and the answer phone says the business is closed.

I think big game hunting is especially disgusting. I quit hunting many years ago and haven't taken a dove, quail, duck, rabbit, deer, turkey, or squirrel since I was in my twenties. My cousins think I am a softie.

This man is an absolute piece of sh-t. I wonder how he would feel if when he returned home from his hunt, his wife and children were slaughtered. I'm sure there are many dirtbags that would do his family for less than 50K.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
two words explain trophy hunting by men: micropenile compensation
So well said.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:34 PM
Platinum member

The whole thing makes me want to vomit. I'm totally against hunting in any form.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:36 AM

When I lived back in Philly I knew a guy that did just this type of hunting.he would fly over to Africa and they would guarantee him a kill on what ever animal he wanted.As long as he paid the price,which was expensive.I was in his home to see all the animals that he had stuffed and killed.Every animal that you can imagine he had mounted on his wall or standing stuffed.In fact when I visited his home he had just had an elephant head and this was HUGE mounted in this room.They had to take the roof off just to get it in.I didn`t agree with it then but this type of hunting goes on all the time with 100`s of so called hunters.My hope for the dentist is that all his patients go else where for service.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
The whole thing makes me want to vomit. I'm totally against hunting in any form.
I'm with you. This is the way to shoot animals:

uploadfromtaptalk1438261291491-jpg
Old 07-30-2015, 09:26 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

While I am not defending the actions of this man, others in the Villages have done similar things. If you don’t care for this type of killing, then judge everyone equally. I can't say more because my post will be deleted.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
While I am not defending the actions of this man, others in the Villages have done similar things. If you don’t care for this type of killing, then judge everyone equally. I can't say more because my post will be deleted.
I'm not sure what you're telling us to do.
The issue of the Morses' Hunting habits has been addressed on previous threads (if that is what you're talking about).
In my opinion, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. We do judge everyone equally.
IMHO, this Dentist is a crappy excuse for a human being.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

He paid $55,000.00 to kill the lion. And here is where the head will probably be mounted, a trophy room in his home (pictured). Good luck keeping up that lifestyle.

uploadfromtaptalk1438269672057-jpg
Old 07-30-2015, 11:16 AM

Someone makes too much money.50k to go hunting,cheese and rice.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:04 PM
Veteran member

I know you will all find this hard to believe, but the trophy fees that are collected for hunting around the world have actually made the herds stronger. In the countries that don't collect such fees and or allow hunting, poaching is rampant because there is no money to prevent it. The hunting fees also allow the countries that collect them the ability to hire wildlife managers to improve the habitats and the herds similar to the DNR's in the USA.

That said, I personally think this guy is a scumbag violator based on reading the account of how this animal was killed. He definitely deserves to be punished. There are rules to be followed and he didn't do that. He makes all hunters look bad.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:55 PM
Platinum member

I don't understand the attraction of hanging "trophies" or even collecting them. When the Brownwood movies were opening they showed the skins like it was something great.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:43 PM
Default Get a grip

“Nice that his business may be ruined.”
“May he spend his eternity as bait for black bears and African lions.”
“I believe people who hunt for sport, especially trophy game, would pay to hunt/kill humans.”
“I hope he loses his dental practice.”
“I'm sure there are many dirtbags that would do his family for less than 50K.”

Wow. Glad this is the friendliest hometown, otherwise some might be proposing drastic solutions to this event. I’m not a hunter nor gun enthusiast at all. But I think those that engage in this legal activity have a right to do so.

I hope this guy’s business is not ruined as many may be dependent on it. I also hope no harm comes to him as he may gain a new view towards his activity from some of the criticism he’s getting. I sure hope no harm comes to his family.

Get a grip folks.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:22 PM
Sage

I'm sitting here eating a sausage and pepper sandwich reading this thread and imagining myself in Africa lion hunting. I couldn't shoot the lion but on some level I feel like a hypocrite.
Ten minutes ago I was trying to figure out how to get Sam's Club chickens sold in the south end of town.
If karma does exist, I think some pig has it in for me. [not to mention a lot of chickens]
Old 07-31-2015, 03:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnd View Post
“Nice that his business may be ruined.”
But I think those that engage in this legal activity have a right to do so.

Get a grip folks.
Perhaps you missed the part where they lured the animal off the protected national park area...

Shot it with an arrow and finally killed it 40 hours later.

If someones dog is in bad shape, and needs to be put down, would it be ok to do it with a crossbow? It would probably be legal.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Closed Thread

Tags
business, years, hunting, lion, kills, back, dove, hunt, draw, wrong, gator, mississippi, quail, duck, dentist, twenties, cousins, softie, deer, rabbit, turkey, squirrel, sorta, ago, webserver

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.