Village Airport Van is relocating

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Lady L_Commissioner_Ward4
Default Village Airport Van is relocating

This week the Village Airport Van business has come to the Town of Lady Lake and presented there plans to move onto a 4 ac parcel on Hermossa St off 441/27. A state of the art Propane conversion business for the Van's. On the site there will be two buildings, a cracker style home where owner and family will live, and a horse barn style building for the business. This is a very attractive site, and we welcomed this project into the Town of Lady Lake. This will bring in more jobs, and provide a welcome service to The Villages, and surrounding towns.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	VAV-1028.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	21112   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	VAV-2029.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	21113  
Old 09-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Platinum member

Good for them! I've used them several times and find them to be reliable, prompt, safe and courteous.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Sage

Unfortunately, I have used Village Airport Van and the trip was terrible. The driver would not leave the airport until another flight came in and that was an hour and a half waitcombined with the driver having to stop for gasoline on the return trip, dropping people off in some random order and I ended up spending over 3 hour and 15 minutes on that van.

The Villages Transportation is a much more reliable shuttle system. USE THEM!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Veteran member

I have used them about 5 times, have no issues, with portal to portal, heads and shoulders above all the compition.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Unfortunately, I have used Village Airport Van and the trip was terrible. The driver would not leave the airport until another flight came in and that was an hour and a half waitcombined with the driver having to stop for gasoline on the return trip, dropping people off in some random order and I ended up spending over 3 hour and 15 minutes on that van.

Buggyone, you must have a connection with the Developer. in all my years of using them, and speaking to people that have you are the "ONE" voice that has spoken negative about the service.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady L_Commissioner_Ward4 View Post
This week the Village Airport Van business has come to the Town of Lady Lake and presented there plans to move onto a 4 ac parcel on Hermossa St off 441/27. A state of the art Propane conversion business for the Van's. On the site there will be two buildings, a cracker style home where owner and family will live, and a horse barn style building for the business. This is a very attractive site, and we welcomed this project into the Town of Lady Lake. This will bring in more jobs, and provide a welcome service to The Villages, and surrounding towns.
Thank you for this information. Welcome to Talk of the Villages. I am thrilled that you are a member and I hope you continue to provide us with this type of information. Thank you so much.

I love this company and wish them much success.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Gold member

the villages transportation cant be beat. they operate on a schedule every hour morning thru the late evening night
Old 09-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Sage
Default Transportation

The Villages Transportation and The Villages Airport Van are two different companies. I believe The Villages Airport Van is not affiliated with The Villages while The Villages Transportation is.

This is not a recommendation for either of the companies.... I have only used one and it got me to and from the airport. It just seems people appear to be confused.

Last edited by angiefox10; 09-22-2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: added paragraph
Old 09-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Airport Vans

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post

I have used both. The Villages Transportation is okay....IF you have a ride to and from LSL. Yes, they do offer a taxi service which is an extra charge.

I really like Village Airport Van service. I am a snowflake and try to get to TV for a week a month........coming from Buffalo area. I have never had to wait for more than 20 minutes for pick-up at the airport. Usually, the wait time is LESS than 10 minutes.

On the other hand, when I was taking Villages Transportation, I did have to wait much longer for their van. They are on an hourly schedule and if you miss the van, you have to wait an hour for the next van. Village Airport Van will often call you on your cell to tell you they are waiting for you. They keep track of your flight and arrival time. Their area is also much closer to Baggage Claim area.

I think Village Airport Van service is a well-oiled machine. They are more reasonable than Villages Transportation because every tenth trip is free and there is no extra charge to take you directly to your home....or pick you up at your home.

My vote would definitely go to Village Airport Van. It is wonderful to have them drop me off at my home in St. James.....and pick me up there when I'm ready to go back to "Swimdawg North".

angiefox is correct...it is confusing. Here is the website for Village Airport Van https://www.villageairportvan.com/

Last edited by swimdawg; 09-22-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Added website
Old 09-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWatch View Post
I took the Village Airport Van and was the 6th one to be dropped off at my house. I was literally in that van for 4 1/2 hours! My airline flight was only 2 hours! I would strongly suggest taking the Villages Transportation option any day! I will never ride in the Villages Airport service again.
This is exactly what many of us have experienced, but management doesn't want to hear it. The drivers take the brunt of the legitimate complaints.

Of course they cannot run the route with only 1 or 2 passengers and still make a profit. Many of us here in TV have owned or worked in small business for decades and we know what "cost of doing business" is.

But there are people who are willing to pay a little more to not have their time wasted like this, or to be dragged in and out of other golf communities with winding streets and 5 mph limits, to drop somebody off or to pick up in the remotest corner of the development, and then creep back out and get to the highway again.

When I called about this aggravation after it happening 3 times in a row, the manager spoke as though there is only one price that people will pay for door to door service (at the time it was $30 or $35), but I think people would be willing to pay a bit more to get home in less than 3 to 4.5 hours as they often accomplish.

Now that The Villages Transportation has more runs to/from the airport alleviating the time gaps that used to make us sit and waste time in the airport, and door to door service, it's a lot better and we always use them. Once they leave the bus stop on either end, they GO and don't go to other places to get more people.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
The Villages Transportation and The Villages Airport Van are two different companies. I believe The Villages Airport Van is not affiliated with The Villages while The Villages Transportation is.

This is not a recommendation for either of the companies.... I have only used one and it got me to and from the airport. It just seems people appear to be confused.

Used to be so. Now the Villages Transportation is no longer owned by The Villages.It was sold to someone else about six months ago..
According to my pretty reliable source they are having a rough go at it. Now they have only one pick up drop off site at LSL.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Sage

The service I've used picked me up at my house in a large comfortable van. We went straight to the train station at Spanish Springs. It was a cold January morning and the driver told me to sit tight until the airport shuttle van arrived. Within five minutes, the van arrived and I never had to touch my luggage. I sat in the shuttle and the only other place we stopped was at Lake Sumter and we waited, I don't know, maybe 10 minutes for people to load. We went straight to the airport. Easy peasy.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Sage
Default Affiliate

af·fil·i·ate (The Villages Florida-fThe Villages FloridalThe Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida-The Villages FloridatThe Villages Florida)v. af·fil·i·at·ed, af·fil·i·at·ing, af·fil·i·ates
v.tr.1. To adopt or accept as a member, subordinate associate, or branch: The HMO affiliated the clinics last year.
2. To associate (oneself) as a subordinate, subsidiary, employee, or member: affiliated herself with a new law firm.
3. To assign the origin of.

v.intr. To become closely connected or associated: The two unions voted to affiliate.

n. (-The Villages Florida-The Villages Floridat, -The Villages FloridatThe Villages Florida) A person, organization, or establishment associated with another as a subordinate, subsidiary, or member:
Old 09-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Sage

i agree with swimdawg, have always had good service from Village Airport Van. my free tenth trip comes up next month
Old 09-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We have used both services and both were good. One night my husband was scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 11:55 pm.....long story short, he finally arrived at 5:00 am, very tired and irritable. The van was there waiting for him and he was the only one in the van. It was a great service. Several times using the village van, we were the only passengers and other times there were several pick ups or drop offs. Each one has good and bad points and I would not hesitate to use either.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.