My Dream Up In Smoke!

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2015, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Everything everybody has already said! I'm so sorry, and so glad you are all safe and uninjured. There will be a home waiting for you down here when yours is put back new. God speed.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:14 PM

We are so sorry to hear this-I just can't imagine what you are going through but I offer my prayers for the best!
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 07-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Gold member

So sorry that this happened. I can just imagine the stress involved. As was mentioned before, perhaps after renovations the place will look and feel fresh and you'll get more$$ If you believe, then you'll know that this happened for the best. I know easier said, but it has happened to us many times with different circumstances. Bless you and your family.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Your day will come when you can call yourself a Villager. Putting one foot in front of the other will keep you going in the right direction. And that first sip of wine when you are finally here will taste sweeter than you ever imagined.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:50 PM

Terrible news! Hugs to you.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:45 PM
Sage

I'm so sorry to hear about the fire. But it is excellent news is that everyone is OK.
Sometimes obstacles are put in our path, but have faith! It will work out even better than you imagined.
Before long, you'll be dancing in the Squares and loving life in TV.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:32 AM
Sage

I am so sorry this happened to you. But glad you and the dog are OK. I hope you didn't lose your precious things that can't be replaced - like family photos etc. Good luck and God bless.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 07-13-2015, 06:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Sorry such an awful thing happened to you, but objects can be replaced. The important thing is that everyone is OK. Remember, only your short term PLAN went "up in smoke", your DREAM remains intact
Old 07-13-2015, 07:35 AM
Sage

" Never give up on your dreams".

So sorry this happened to you but you will get here.

The dream didn't die, it just got delayed.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-13-2015, 07:50 AM

I too am so very sorry this happened. We are still "waiting" for our buyer to come along....so I know how you feel. You want it so bad you can taste it...and waiting to get started is so difficult. I know they say everything happens for a reason....and I keep telling myself...in God's time. If i place it in His hands....then i have to let Him be in charge.

We have had the wettest summer i can ever remember and people do not like to go house hunting in the rain....our home has been on the market since june 16....and we have not had one single person look at it. So we keep working.....and when it is the right time....it will happen.

I hope and pray your repairs go swiftly and smoothly....i hope you sell your home with utmost speed.....and that everything goes your way. I rejoice that everyone is ok....Take a deep breath.....it will be ok....and dancing in the town square will be here before you know it! Best of luck and best wishes for you and yours.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:49 AM

Thank you everyone for your good wishes and kind words. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. But if this is God's way of saying this wasn't the right time, A little subtlety would have sufficed. I am someone who can take a hint!

Everyone have a dance in the square for us!
Old 07-13-2015, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

So sorry to hear this news. Praying that you get through it and that the light on the other side is brighter than you could have imagined
Old 07-13-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyandSteveG View Post
I too am so very sorry this happened. We are still "waiting" for our buyer to come along....so I know how you feel. You want it so bad you can taste it...and waiting to get started is so difficult. I know they say everything happens for a reason....and I keep telling myself...in God's time. If i place it in His hands....then i have to let Him be in charge.

We have had the wettest summer i can ever remember and people do not like to go house hunting in the rain....our home has been on the market since june 16....and we have not had one single person look at it. So we keep working.....and when it is the right time....it will happen.

I hope and pray your repairs go swiftly and smoothly....i hope you sell your home with utmost speed.....and that everything goes your way. I rejoice that everyone is ok....Take a deep breath.....it will be ok....and dancing in the town square will be here before you know it! Best of luck and best wishes for you and yours.
I hope your buyer comes along quickly and you're living the Villages dream soon!
Old 07-13-2015, 11:09 AM
Veteran member

We want to add our voices to the TOTV Chorus. Thankfully everyone is fine. The house can and will be repaired. When that happens, you will get your dream back on track. You will be welcomed with open arms here in The Villages.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth52 View Post
I hope your buyer comes along quickly and you're living the Villages dream soon!
ahh thank you very much Elizabeth! ME TOO!!!! lol

It will happen...i know it will. I want to come to TV and dance in the town square too!
Closed Thread

Tags
house, dog, july, home, smoke, dream, buyers, including, backed, damage, caught, fire, lot, blame, cleanup, power, restored, hotel, staying, distraught, beautiful, mess, stay, arranged, process

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.