Neck tattoos.

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2022, 03:23 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,200 Times in 327 Posts
Default Neck tattoos.

I must be getting old. Little things seem to get under my skin more and more. I try to suck it up and shoulder-shrug. But,

Seems as if there are more and more folks, esp sports and entertainment and sometimes people right in our neckofthewoods. Big NECK tattoos. After spotting this I wonder what they will do when they’re 60, 70, 80. Perhaps tattoo removal will be a good investment business.

Mind you I’m fine with tattoos, it’s your body and life. But sometimes it’s a Yikes. Esp the sleeve tatts and hand tatts. And now Neck.

When we have a Server or such with a few tatts I ask the significance etc etc.

Also on the “getting cranky” topic, I just got back from a drive up and back on Buena Vista. Going around about 16 roundabouts. 5 of them, drivers simply HAD to go directly side by side with me even tho I slowed etc before. 2 even cut the line close and I needed to brake more than normal in case they would cut over. It was not busy and no need to cut corners. C’mon - common sense folks. Don’t parallel drive around roundabouts!!!
Old 12-06-2022, 03:58 PM
Veteran member

Neck tatts? How about the face and head tatts? One thing good that can be said is these people will be easy to locate in their geezer years when Silver Alert are posted about them.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:03 PM

Neck and Face Tattoos: When you go into the Tattoo Parlor just say, "Give me something that will cause my mother to cry herself to sleep every night for the rest of her life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
I must be getting old. Little things seem to get under my skin more and more. I try to suck it up and shoulder-shrug. But,

Seems as if there are more and more folks, esp sports and entertainment and sometimes people right in our neckofthewoods. Big NECK tattoos. After spotting this I wonder what they will do when they’re 60, 70, 80. Perhaps tattoo removal will be a good investment business.

Mind you I’m fine with tattoos, it’s your body and life. But sometimes it’s a Yikes. Esp the sleeve tatts and hand tatts. And now Neck.

Also on the “getting cranky” topic, I just got back from a drive up and back on Buena Vista. Going around about 16 roundabouts. 5 of them, drivers simply HAD to go directly side by side with me even tho I slowed etc before. 2 even cut the line close and I needed to brake more than normal in case they would cut over. It was not busy and no need to cut corners. C’mon - common sense folks. Don’t parallel drive around roundabouts!!!
Old 12-06-2022, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,729 Times in 5,250 Posts

Quote:

Sorry, but I had to count them.

Q: Which road has more roundabouts, Buena Vista or Morse?
A: Buena Vista

By my count, Buena Vista has 20 and Morse has 13.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,067 Posts

Drive next to me on the roundabouts if you like. You stay in your lane, I’ll stay in mine, and we’ll have no problems.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 12-06-2022, 04:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Last edited by bagboy; 12-07-2022 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

I have 9 , unless I’m shirtless or wearing a tank top you can’t see them , they were done in different places in the world , they are all black and tribal symbols , significant to different warrior groups , which mean something to me after 40 years of my life spent at that trade
Old 12-06-2022, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I have 9 , unless I’m shirtless or wearing a tank top you can’t see them , they were done in different places in the world , they are all black and tribal symbols , significant to different warrior groups , which mean something to me after 40 years of my life spent at that trade
You must have or had lots of "Tank Tops"...
Old 12-06-2022, 11:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I definitely have my thoughts on tattoos but would never not like someone for having one. I use to think how wasted did they have to be but it is more main stream now for sure. I do wonder why people take beautiful bodies and cover them with graffiti. Not for me but for more than ever before.
Old 12-06-2022, 11:49 PM
Platinum member

Not a fan of tattoos especially on the neck or face.
Old 12-07-2022, 04:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Drive next to me on the roundabouts if you like. You stay in your lane, I’ll stay in mine, and we’ll have no problems.
Perhaps your right, that painted strip is a lane marking ?
Old 12-07-2022, 06:35 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 535 Posts
Default Doesn’t matter

It’s funny how you seem to be worried about your thoughts, not anyone else’s? I wonder how ear lobe gauging interrupts your thought process or prejudging?

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 12-07-2022, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
I must be getting old. Little things seem to get under my skin more and more.
I agree... Tattoos can definitely get under one's skin...

Wait, isn't that the point?

-Tom Petty
Old 12-07-2022, 09:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I definitely have my thoughts on tattoos but would never not like someone for having one. I use to think how wasted did they have to be but it is more main stream now for sure. I do wonder why people take beautiful bodies and cover them with graffiti. Not for me but for more than ever before.
A difference is that graffiti is easier to remove.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:28 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Their tattoos greatly assist in identifying perps, especially face and neck tattoos as they appear in mugshots.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
cut, tatts, tattoos, neck, esp

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.