Need Advice regarding ADT

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Need Advice regarding ADT Security System

I need advice. We had ADT here and they wanted $3,000 for installing their system which included sensors on the windows and motion detectors. We were shocked. He then said he could do a step down system for $750.00. The monthly charge is $49. I think that they are doing a big business in TV at this time and jacking up the price.

If you had ADT or any other security system installed please let me know what your installation price was and what was included. I'm baffled and feeling ripped off. Thanks
Old 02-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
I need advice. We had ADT here and they wanted $3,000 for installing their system which included sensors on the windows and motion detectors. We were shocked. He then said he could do a step down system for $750.00. The monthly charge is $49. I think that they are doing a big business in TV at this time and jacking up the price.

If you had ADT or any other security system installed please let me know what your installation price was and what was included. I'm baffled and feeling ripped off. Thanks
I don't have ADT but I found this info on their website. Looks like the installation price starts at $299 and goes up from there depending on which package you choose.Look at the ADT Constellation portion to see the different packages. Looks like if you install any ADT system costing more than $299 before March 28th, you get a $250 instant savings and can have the $299 package installed for just $49.

ADT Home Security Terms & Conditions - ADT Security Services
Old 02-20-2014, 11:47 AM

Yikes. Sounds like we have new crooks
Old 02-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Sage

When I was in the Washington DC 'burbs, I had ADT as a security company. I had a townhouse. I had the sensors on the front door, back door, downstairs windows, sliding doors, basement windows, and sensors to detect glass breakage. It was around $200 installation and $35 monthly fee. Good service - no problem.

I don't see why you would want motion detectors in the house. They will just go off when you or your pet moves around the house at night. With the sensors on the entry points, a burglar cannot get in without sounding the 110db indoor/outdoor siren.

Yes, $3,000 is a rip-off as is $750 for an installation fee. The companies usually give a very decent install price as they do make their money on the $49 monthly monitor fee. That comes to over $600 per year with their fees and taxes. However, you usually can get a small discount on your homeowner insurance rate if you have a monitored security system.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:19 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

We used Galaxy Home Solution in Wildwood. Good service, nice people and good price.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

there are just too many as good as and many better than ADT that are do it yourself install....all cellular...if you can tape something to a wall or what ever you can do it.

I recently did FrontPoint.
High quality equipment by GE...outstanding customer service and technical support.

Three different levels of monitoring starting around $35 per month.

Satisfaction guaranteed.

Te levels of dollars stated in the OP is out and out theivery.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:56 PM

I have Front Point Security also. Easy DIY installation, cellular wireless, and a very friendly, professional support staff.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:59 PM

I second the motion for FrontPoint. I have a sister security company for the service in my house in GA and if I should move to TV or anywhere in FL, FrontPoint will resume the service. They are extremely reliable.

Visited The Villages in Oct., '09
Working on making it permanent.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Ripoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post

OP, sounds like someone is trying to rip you off. No way an ADT system should cost that much unless you had a 5,000 sq ft house with a basement.

I would do some shopping!
Old 02-20-2014, 10:01 PM

I have FrontPoint, and checked out all the other competitors before deciding
Old 02-20-2014, 10:02 PM
Gold member

Check out Simplisafe

SimpliSafe | Home Security Systems
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.