New American Idol poll

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite AI contestant now??
David Archuleta 16 25.81%
Jason Castro 2 3.23%
David Cook 27 43.55%
Syesha Mercado 6 9.68%
Carly Smithson 6 9.68%
Brooke White 5 8.06%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Sage
Default Re: New American Idol poll

I agree, Beady. I thought Jason was awful. When he yawned and started swinging his arms around like he was bored, it just turned me off. He should have gone. I hate Carly's tats, but she is a good singer. It was shocking for her to be cast off rather than Jason. He's such a blah guy. He has no range and IMHO, very little talent.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Gold member

Yes, the yawning and attitude ,as if he was bored really annoyed me. No talent, getting cocky but...............gorgeous eyes.

Time to go Jason, sorry.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady
Yes, the yawning and attitude ,as if he was bored really annoyed me. No talent, getting cocky but...............gorgeous eyes.

Time to go Jason, sorry.
He will probably outlast if not outwit and outplay Brooke White and Syesha Mercado. The Michael Johns fans probably bounced to the next hot young male thing.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Taltarzac

What did you think of Leona Lewis who sang on the American Idol results show around April 23, 2008?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leona_Lewis
Old 04-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Sage

I agree with Beady about Andrew Lloyd Webber, he is very nervous and hard to watch. When Brooke forgot the words, I thought that was it for her. The fans never fail to amaze me.

I'm actually liking David C more as the weeks go by, and Jason a lot less. It is turning into an interesting contest!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:00 AM
Taltarzac

See the two ladies in the bottom two tomorrow but have no clear idea on who will go. Brooke White seems to have quite a fan base including Simon Cowell but Syesha Mercado has more talent IMHO.

Jason Castro also seems to have a very large voting fan base.

See a final with the two Davids with maybe David Cook winning???
Old 04-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Sage

with everything you said Tal. What was with Paula???? Judging two songs when Jason had only sung one? I know she can be weird but it seemed to me that she had actually prepared that answer. Kind of makes me wonder if that show is as up and up as they say it is. I just thought that was very strange. :dontknow:
Old 05-01-2008, 03:57 AM
Taltarzac

Brooke White sure had an emotional departure tonight. >
Old 05-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Sage

I really like Brooke as a person. She seems very nice and generally a positive person. Yes, her departure was very emotional. I have to believe she saw it coming though. This has been a really weird year for me watching AI. My guess it will be down to the two Davids with David Cook winning. I still miss Michael! LOL I thought he had the whole package. The others are just ho-hum to me.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
I really like Brooke as a person. She seems very nice and generally a positive person. Yes, her departure was very emotional. I have to believe she saw it coming though. This has been a really weird year for me watching AI. My guess it will be down to the two Davids with David Cook winning. I still miss Michael! LOL I thought he had the whole package. The others are just ho-hum to me.
Ms. White does seem to be one of the nicest people who have been contestants on American Idol.

Hard not for her to see it coming though. Expect Syesha Mercado also sees it coming soon.

Saw Kristy Lee Cook in the audience at last night's results show.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Sage

Is Paula on drugs???
I hope David Cook wins. I think he's the best of this lot.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass
Is Paula on drugs???
I hope David Cook wins. I think he's the best of this lot.
She might be taking something for a medical condition-- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy-- she has had. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7590222/

Agree that David Cook has eclipsed David Archuleta in this AI. Hard to get over the huge fan base though that David Archuleta has.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Gold member

Ryan lost me when he made his little speech about rumors and Paula still being a part of the AI family. I still cannot figure out what was going on on Tuesday night. Chels is right she looked like she was reading her critique from a prewritten card????? It is supposed to be live and that suggests they get a "pre-performance?????

I felt sorry for Brooke, she has a warm voice that is a bit unusual. I think she will succeed once she finds her "zone" as Randy and Paula talk so much about.

I personally think it will be between the 2 David's, and I hope Davis Cook wins. He can change things up and move the arrangements around, that's talent. David A is good but young, there is a place in the music world for him, just not yet. IMHO

Hope I don't have to eat my words in a couple of weeks.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady
Ryan lost me when he made his little speech about rumors and Paula still being a part of the AI family. I still cannot figure out what was going on on Tuesday night. Chels is right she looked like she was reading her critique from a prewritten card????? It is supposed to be live and that suggests they get a "pre-performance?????

I felt sorry for Brooke, she has a warm voice that is a bit unusual. I think she will succeed once she finds her "zone" as Randy and Paula talk so much about.

I personally think it will be between the 2 David's, and I hope Davis Cook wins. He can change things up and move the arrangements around, that's talent. David A is good but young, there is a place in the music world for him, just not yet. IMHO

Hope I don't have to eat my words in a couple of weeks.

I missed that speech about rumors on Tuesday night. Must have fastforwarded it trying to get to the singers. I usually watch something else and just tape AI. That's so I can zip through the non-singing parts.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Sage

Beady and Tal, the rumors consisted of Paula being on drugs (not a new rumor) and that the show was thinking of letting her go. None of this is true as far as I know. But what do I know? :dontknow: I guess Ryan tried to set everyone straight by saying how much they love Paula and there's nothing to the rumors. I had seen some kind of biography show on her where it said she takes a strong medications for an arthritic condition she has or something and it makes her spacey. She said (whatever she had) causes her to be in constant pain. If that's the case I feel sorry for her. Look at what Jerry Lewis went through with all of his meds. I still say it was a weird comment though, and appeared to be pre-written and that makes me wonder about the show in general. However, I'll probably try it again next year, even though this season was very bland to me.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.