New car dealers for a new purchase

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2023, 07:17 AM
Question New car dealers for a new purchase

I am looking for opinions regarding Jenkins Auto Group. Considering buying a new Acura and looking for input regarding them or other dealers. If I do not buy a Acura, I am looking for advice regarding Honda dealers area including Claremont, Ocala, etc.Orlando.
Old 12-06-2023, 08:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,045 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd3rd View Post
I am looking for opinions regarding Jenkins Auto Group. Considering buying a new Acura and looking for input regarding them or other dealers. If I do not buy a Acura, I am looking for advice regarding Honda dealers area including Claremont, Ocala, etc.Orlando.
The company I work for is a franchised dealer for 13 different makes of automobiles. When I'm spending my money on an every day car, I'll only buy Infiniti or Acura. Good choice.

Jenkins seems to get mixed reviews on this site. As you probably know, your options are limited with Acura.
Old 12-06-2023, 08:57 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Hi there! I have been with Jenkins Acura since I started driving. I have purchased 2 new Acura ILX models from Jenkins Acura and I have had 4 total Acura cars serviced at Jenkins. I love the people there! Brandon Bonilla was my sales rep, but he is now at Jenkins Mazda in finance, he can still help you throughout the Jenkins dealers. Also Danny Cowan is another good contact at Jenkins Acura

(352)748-6251
Old 12-06-2023, 09:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Ocala Honda was ok. J experience for me was the most unpleasant in my lifetime. Couldn’t leave fast enough

Your best option is to execute the buying process online or try Costco buying service. I never want to see a dealer again
Old 12-06-2023, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Why do you think they call them wheeler dealers? Every car I brought new I had sneaking feeling I got taken somehow. Why? They won’t deal unless they get deal what they want. Most try waiting game hoping you will just cave in. IMO if can’t make deal in 20 minutes best to walk out. Ordering totally different prices are set little room to negotiate. Then comes problem when car arrives the new set of skinning starts with add ons.
Old 12-06-2023, 11:35 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Try Autonation if you do not want to pay over MSRP - online is excellent
Old 12-06-2023, 12:06 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

OP, all I can recommend is find a good salesperson wherever you go. I purchased a Subaru in 2023. Good customer service from Village Subaru (formerly Bill Bryan) on 441 in Leesburg. Unfortunately my salesperson has moved from the area. I think the salesperson relationship is the “key” to satisfaction with a car dealership. If someone can make that type of recommendation, that is where I would purchase my car. Good luck.
Old 12-07-2023, 05:51 AM
Veteran member

I have leased 5 cars from Jenkins Hundia or Kia. When I go in I have a down payment in mind and monthly payment in mind. The first offer they give me is always something way to high. Then I tell them my limit and I always have gotten reasonably close. Service has always been first class.
Old 12-07-2023, 06:06 AM
Veteran member

I almost bought from a Jenkins dealer in Leesburg. The car was 3 months old and I test drove it, liked it, and told the salesman I’ll buy it. When he came back with the paper work, the out the door price was $11,000 higher. I told the salesman deal was off. He brought over the manager and the manager told me that he deals with people with money from the Villages and they add these certain packages onto the cost, 1 package was close to $8000, and the people buy these packages. This packages are a ripoff, and when a car dealer manager thinks he can apply any fictitious package because his customer is on the older side and have money is just wrong.

After this, I sent out requests to all dealers in a 300 mile radius and some a couple thousand miles away to give me an out the door cost for a specific vehicle, which these requirements. Out the door meant there were no extra costs if I was to buy the car. I get a wide range of prices. Then I got got down to the final 3 and they wanted the deal so they dropped the price more where the other dealer couldn’t match it. I drove down to Tampa, test drove the car, bought it with no increase in cost nor any conversation about do we want this extra package at closing.
Old 12-07-2023, 06:12 AM
Veteran member

As usual if you are trading in a vehicle they try to lowball its value, have the trade-in detailed , check online retail prices for similar vehicles as your trade-in , remember mileage on a trade rules the price. Example we had a 8 year old Altima with less than 10,000 miles per year Jenkins offered $ 6000 on a new Rogue, I sold the Altima myself for $12000.
Old 12-07-2023, 06:42 AM

Owned several cars from them. Great deals and great people. You can't go wrong.
Old 12-07-2023, 07:03 AM

A dealership is only as good as the people on the floor running it...regardless of who owns the enterprise. Over my lifetime, I've found doing my homework before I go in to look, understanding what a fair profit is, being willing to walk away, keeping it "only business,"not getting emotional, and not trying to become friends with the dealership staff works for me. Those things take away much of the perceived power dealership staff has in making the deal.
Old 12-07-2023, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
As usual if you are trading in a vehicle they try to lowball its value, have the trade-in detailed , check online retail prices for similar vehicles as your trade-in , remember mileage on a trade rules the price. Example we had a 8 year old Altima with less than 10,000 miles per year Jenkins offered $ 6000 on a new Rogue, I sold the Altima myself for $12000.
In my opinion, if you are trading in the vehicle at a dealership, spending money for detailing is a waste of money. The dealer doesn't care if it's been detailed.
Old 12-07-2023, 07:10 AM

Jenkins Beware
I sold my Honda Van to Jenkins Honda in Leesburg and they assured me that after paying off my loan balance I would receive a check in about 5-7 business days. A week went by and I decided to check with Honda Finance. They did not receive payment. When I went back to Jenkins to ask why they hadn't sent payment, they couldn't find any paperwork showing they had purchased my vehicle even though my van was posted for sale on their website. They made me fill out everything all over again. By this time my payment to the finance company was past due. Another week passed and still no money from Jenkins. Their Manager told me that they were waiting for the title and release of lien. Furious, I complained to Honda Corporate Headquarters. After calling Jenkins they discovered that the dealer not only had the title in hand but had sold my van without paying me. Finally, on May 17, almost a month after my first visit and numerous phone calls between Honda Corporate, American Honda Finance and the Better Business Bureau I was paid.
Old 12-07-2023, 07:12 AM

They should be reported to BBB and Seniors vs Crime.
Closed Thread

Tags
dealers, acura, ocala, claremont, including

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.