New car dealers for a new purchase

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2023, 07:13 AM
Default Stay away from jenkins hyundai/leesburg

BUYER BEWARE..applies at that location.
the real slight of hand is when you get to FINANCING
Old 12-07-2023, 07:18 AM
Veteran member

When buying anything substantial, whenever possible leave the local area. You'll likely save lots of money.
Old 12-07-2023, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd3rd View Post
I am looking for opinions regarding Jenkins Auto Group. Considering buying a new Acura and looking for input regarding them or other dealers. If I do not buy a Acura, I am looking for advice regarding Honda dealers area including Claremont, Ocala, etc.Orlando.
Steer clear of any Jenkins dealership. They are bait and switch operators and will hide costs from you until you see the final paperwork.
Old 12-07-2023, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,740 Times in 5,254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by derkster View Post
Steer clear of any Jenkins dealership. They are bait and switch operators and will hide costs from you until you see the final paperwork.
When I buy a vehicle, I make the dealer an out-the-door, take it or leave it price. If they accept it, the final paperwork doesn't matter. I will write a check for the agreed amount or I will be gone.
Old 12-07-2023, 08:22 AM

Jenkins Acura gave me a quote on a new MDX that was ridiculous. I did not even try to counter. If you like the Acura product I would shop out of town and have maintenance done at their Honda dealer in Leesburg.
Old 12-07-2023, 08:26 AM
Default Jenkins Auto? NEVER...

Last time we were shopping for a new car, we (unknowingly) went to Jenkins. They had a script to follow; took our keys, ensuring we could not leave. Three hours later, we finally left after we finally got our keys back. NEVER again.
Old 12-07-2023, 08:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I am looking for opinions regarding Jenkins Auto Group. Considering buying a new Acura and looking for input regarding them or other dealers. If I do not buy a Acura, I am looking for advice regarding Honda dealers area including Claremont, Ocala, etc.Orlando.
Jenkins are your typical dealerships. Test drive at the dealership, but buy online. No slime and less time.
Old 12-07-2023, 08:48 AM

would not do business with Jenkins again. Rude and try to stick it to villagers.
Old 12-07-2023, 09:13 AM

I have nothing but good things to say about Jenkins Honda. Bill the Sales Manager took care of us in less than 90 minutes, which included selling current car to them and buying new. Best experience I've had buying a car ever. This happened 3 weeks ago.
Old 12-07-2023, 09:25 AM

Most auto dealers try to add all types of fees and add ons because they are pure profit, look closely at what is on the final contract and question everything that looks overly charged. the only addition charges I paid were about $200 for registration. then they tried to add this spray on ceramic coating for $500, I continually said no, no, no and they ended up doing the coating for $50. You have to be forceful and look at the contract before signing anything. If there is an item that you don't want to pay and they won't budge then walk out!
Old 12-07-2023, 09:33 AM

The Jenkins Jokers are the worst! I have bought two cars from Hyundai/Genesis of Central FL in Claremont and they are one of the finest dealers I have ever done business with! As an aside, my Hyundai is by far my favorite car that I presently own out of 4 - two of which are high end German autos.
Old 12-07-2023, 09:35 AM
Veteran member

Went to look at a Subaru in Orlando, wife wanted to stop at Jenkins Honda to look at a CRV. The first one we saw wasn't much different from our 2008 CRV, so we were about to leave when a 2024 CRV EXL just came off the truck. After looking at (never test drove it) we spent several hours talking to the salesman and coming up with a price. At the end he came up with a price, which was within our budget, but my wife wanted to ask for $500 less. We went to the manager and said that the price was as low as he could go. My wife said "well, we might as well go look at that Subaru". Suddenly the manager said in a loud voice, and said "Just sell them the car!"
We drove the new car home that day. Did we get the best price ever? No. Did we get a fair price? Yes.
Are we happy with the car? Very much so.
Had our first oil change at 1,000 miles (just to ensure there were no particles left over in the manufacturing process).
We are hoping to get at least the same miles on this car as we did on the 2008, 170,000.
Our daughter has the 2008 now and I expect that it will go beyond 200,000 miles.
Old 12-07-2023, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,089 Times in 2,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
When I buy a vehicle, I make the dealer an out-the-door, take it or leave it price. If they accept it, the final paperwork doesn't matter. I will write a check for the agreed amount or I will be gone.
That’s the only way to do it. Nothing gets me out the door faster than taking about how much it costs per month, who cares. The all in 100% cost to drive away the vehicle is all that matters.
Old 12-07-2023, 09:43 AM
Default Jenkins Auto Group

Quote:
I am looking for opinions regarding Jenkins Auto Group. Considering buying a new Acura and looking for input regarding them or other dealers. If I do not buy a Acura, I am looking for advice regarding Honda dealers area including Claremont, Ocala, etc. Orlando.
We purchase a new Subaru in July. We shopped at one of the Jenkins Auto group dealerships, they are excessively high on prices. You can get the service done anyplace; however, it would be good to shop around if you're going to spend the money for a new vehicle. We ended up purchasing at a dealership in the Tampa Bay area. Their price, prior to any negotiations was over $5,000 less than Jenkins. Look at the dealerships in the Orlando and Tampa area before going with Jenkins.

Good luck with the new vehicle shopping.
Old 12-07-2023, 09:54 AM
Gold member

When our neighbor bought a new Hyundai from a local dealership and paid over $3K over sticker for the privilege of buying the car from that dealership, we decided to check out other alternatives for our new car purchase. We bought a new Hyundai Tucson from an upstate New York dealership at the sticker price (no premium) and drove the new car home. The deal was very clean, and the paperwork done for us with a NY temporary plate which was easily converted to a FL registration after our return.
Closed Thread

Tags
dealers, acura, ocala, claremont, including

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.