New law for FL driving licenses.

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2009, 09:01 AM
Taltarzac
Default New law for FL driving licenses.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/HTML/dlnew.html http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/newslaws_Oct2008.html

I just picked up my new driver's license which is good until 2017. Awful picture of me though on second look. It did not look too bad while I was at the drivers' license office though. All I needed to do was an eye test but think what any individual rewerer will need will depend on their driving record.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Platinum member

Thanks for the information. I was not aware of the changes.

Because you mentioned your picture, I will tell you about a sign that the man who takes the driver's license photos in Naples has hanging on his camera. It says: "If you want a better picture, bring a better face". I do have a friend that talked them into taking a second picture.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Taltarzac
Talking Think it is a FL law that the driver's license picture has to be awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
Thanks for the information. I was not aware of the changes.

Because you mentioned your picture, I will tell you about a sign that the man who takes the driver's license photos in Naples has hanging on his camera. It says: "If you want a better picture, bring a better face". I do have a friend that talked them into taking a second picture.

I did have some better faces while at the driver's license office but the one I am stuck with looks like I am holding my nose up in the air and grimacing like I just walked by a particularly vile smelling port-a-potty.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Eternal Member

I really needed a haircut when I got my picture taken. I think I need a new picture next time and I will definitely make sure I have a haircut and a beard trim before I get the picture taken.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Platinum member
Default Drivers License REnewal

Where do we go to renew our license? We have always renewed by mail, but this time we must visit a state office location or locate an office near us. We are in Sumter County near 466A Thanks.
Tampa, FL
Old 07-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Eternal Member

The easiest place is in Wildwood behind the post office. Don't have the number, but you can actually make an appointment at a DMV, the people are nice, and it's pretty fast.

You might try the District Office @ 753-4508 and ask for info about getting appointments.

`
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 07-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Veteran member
Default New residents

Wife and I just got our License Yesterday. Eye test and $27 and got it done. But then we went for tags. The lady said we made it just in time, Sept 1 the cost of inital registration will go up by $110.00 and the fee for renewal will go up 40%. This is due to the property tax going down. Our tags cost about $200.00 but Sept 1 who knows.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.