New PGA Store

Old 04-30-2024, 02:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
New Golf Equipment is essentially what used to be called "Fair Traded". There are essentially no discounts on new golf equipment, produced by the major suppliers and the all have MAP pricing. PING is about the worst to deal with from that perspective, but they're all fairly difficult.

You want a current Taylormade, Callaway or Titleist Driver, you pay MSRP, no matter where you buy it. As long as it's "current", discounts are nearly impossible to find.
Very true on current items. Only "deals" out there are old(er)models.
Old 04-30-2024, 02:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
True. Amazon is fantastic. I have never not been able to get what I need and most times at a cheaper cost.
Certain items yes, but not certain brands like Titleist, Calloway, Ping etc.
Old 04-30-2024, 04:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
TEMU is owned by China............if you have no issue with that.
TEMU isn't owned by the country of China. It's a private company based in China.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
TEMU isn't owned by the country of China. It's a private company based in China.
I wouldn't buy anything from TEMU.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:14 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,568 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Personally, I don't consider Ebay and Amazon comparable. I have never even seriously thought about buying anything from Ebay. Maybe I'm too old school, but I just don't trust Ebay.

A friend paid $80 to an Ebay seller for a camera, but he never got the camera. The seller's reply was that he sent it, and if he didn't get it, that's too bad.
Your friend is full of it. Ebay and paypal always side with the buyer. Anyone can say that they didn't receive an item (even if they did) and they will get refunded. That is why when I sell, I require a signature and/or pic.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,230 Times in 805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Your friend is full of it. Ebay and paypal always side with the buyer. Anyone can say that they didn't receive an item (even if they did) and they will get refunded. That is why when I sell, I require a signature and/or pic.
Not so much anymore, in my experience. It used to be 90/10 for the buyer, but now seems less so.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:32 PM

If you as a seller have a tracking number that shows delivery, and buyer says did not receive, eBay will not hold you responsible. You don't need signatures and pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Old 04-30-2024, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
If you as a seller have a tracking number that shows delivery, and buyer says did not receive, eBay will not hold you responsible. You don't need signatures and pics.
I would point out the this was in a condo where there were multiple mailboxes, much like The Villages. The mail person could have placed the camera in the wrong box, and the person receiving it could have kept it. Not likely to happen with Amazon because they deliver most of their products with their own trucks, especially expensive items. I would just point out that comparing Amazon to Ebay is an apple and oranges comparison. Price is not the only criteria.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:26 PM
Smile Golfers are funny and strange

Lee Trevino said it best............ it takes 30 days for a club to get to know you, then your hitting it just as bad as the old club!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buying new clubs is like Christmas, visions of sugar plums dancing in your head..............just fun,BUT,the 30 day rule applies....

Getting a bad swing fitted to insures a new set the next year.

Fitters don't change swings they fit to what you got. Seen hundreds of fittings.

If your swing changes your fit needs to change.

Get a better swing and your fitted equipment will last for many many years.

BUT, thats not as much fun, is it!!!!!!!!!!!!! All tour players play what they are paid to play, there is no better brand product, one from the other, they just have a swing that can hit anything thats fitted to them. As was written in the 1930's, The Swing is the thing!!!!!!!! dowap...funny people.......BUT, don't let me spoil your fun, dream on

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandsandy View Post
It is really the perfect time to come in. Edwin Watts closed a mile a way due to the construction woes. We all know what kind of service you received there. The superstore has more than just golf. They have pickle ball and tennis as well. As far as services that they offer, I would highly recommend getting fitted by them. Most golfers buy what’s cool but not correct. Not always the arrow folks, it’s the Indian. Golf is a game of mistakes. They can help you eliminate those.
Old 04-30-2024, 07:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,230 Times in 805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post

BUT, thats not as much fun, is it!!!!!!!!!!!!! All tour players play what they are paid to play, there is no better brand product, one from the other, they just have a swing that can hit anything thats fitted to them. As was written in the 1930's, The Swing is the thing!!!!!!!! dowap...funny people.......BUT, don't let me spoil your fun, dream on

You're saying it's the Indian and not the Arrow?

Back in the late 70's-early 80's, Bob Cousy was a member at The International. Bob was determined to milk his "name" for all it was worth. He figured he had about 10 years to do it. Manufacturers were always giving him stuff to try out, to see if they could get him hooked.

He was the first guy I ever met, to play with Shakespeare Shafts and later, his Yonex composite Driver. Every new Driver the Couz got, he said he was hitting it 30 yards farther than the one he left in his cellar. I remember thinking, "Couz, if all the Drivers you try could hit it 30 yards longer than the one before it, you'd be driving the ball 1000 yards by now". As you said, the honeymoon period wears off in about a month.

Fourtunately, Launch Monitors have changed the fitting world. You can make a head from any manufacturer, do anything any other manufacturer's head will do, with the right combination of weight, balance, shaft profile, etc. My swing isn't going to change after all these years, I just have to deal with it. Using a Launch Monitor to tune spin, launch angle & dispersion to maximize potential distance, becomes more important the older you get.

I still shake my head in amazement, that at one time, I could carry a M85 or 945 McGregor Driver and McGregor Tourney ball, 230-240 yards.
Old 04-30-2024, 07:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I would point out the this was in a condo where there were multiple mailboxes, much like The Villages. The mail person could have placed the camera in the wrong box, and the person receiving it could have kept it. Not likely to happen with Amazon because they deliver most of their products with their own trucks, especially expensive items. I would just point out that comparing Amazon to Ebay is an apple and oranges comparison. Price is not the only criteria.
My dealings with both have been positive. In the couple of instances where there was a delivery issue, both made me whole.
Old 04-30-2024, 07:42 PM
Default Indian First Arrow second

Good story!!!!! I believe every swing can be tweaked for the better.........there are so many avenues for improvement.. thats why tour players all have coaches..they are constantly tweaking..........when the average player stops trying to improve their swing, they become happy with where they are at, and a good fitting will benefit.
BUT, is any golfer really happy with where they are at.............I think not........don't give up on improving the Indian and if buying new clubs every year makes you happy, go for it..........next thing you know ai will improve your game............you gotta love golf marketing...........

Quote:

Back in the late 70's-early 80's, Bob Cousy was a member at The International. Bob was determined to milk his "name" for all it was worth. He figured he had about 10 years to do it. Manufacturers were always giving him stuff to try out, to see if they could get him hooked.

He was the first guy I ever met, to play with Shakespeare Shafts and later, his Yonex composite Driver. Every new Driver the Couz got, he said he was hitting it 30 yards farther than the one he left in his cellar. I remember thinking, "Couz, if all the Drivers you try could hit it 30 yards longer than the one before it, you'd be driving the ball 1000 yards by now". As you said, the honeymoon period wears off in about a month.

Fourtunately, Launch Monitors have changed the fitting world. You can make a head from any manufacturer, do anything any other manufacturer's head will do, with the right combination of weight, balance, shaft profile, etc. My swing isn't going to change after all these years, I just have to deal with it. Using a Launch Monitor to tune spin, launch angle & dispersion to maximize potential distance, becomes more important the older you get.

I still shake my head in amazement, that at one time, I could carry a M85 or 945 McGregor Driver and McGregor Tourney ball, 230-240 yards.
Old 04-30-2024, 07:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:

Can you believe Cousy is 95! To me....totally underrated by lists that are compiled today at the position. Always a gentleman. Good story!
Old 04-30-2024, 08:02 PM
Default Red Auerbach

Many years ago, I called into the Eddie Endelman Show. Red Auerbach (not sure on spelling)..........was the guest. Red said that golf was NOT a sport..............I told Red that most normal people go by the dictionary definition.........looked up sport in dictionary and one of the examples was golf............. Red asked if I thought he wasn't normal........ I said yes! You are far from normal, meant it in a good way. He obviously didn't see golfers as athletes........I think he was a little bias........but it was the Eddie Edelman talk crap show.
Quote:

Old 04-30-2024, 08:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
Many years ago, I called into the Eddie Endelman Show. Red Auerbach (not sure on spelling)..........was the guest. Red said that golf was NOT a sport..............I told Red that most normal people go by the dictionary definition.........looked up sport in dictionary and one of the examples was golf............. Red asked if I thought he wasn't normal........ I said yes! You are far from normal, meant it in a good way. He obviously didn't see golfers as athletes........I think he was a little bias........but it was the Eddie Edelman talk crap show.
He’s still around (Eddie). Never was a big fan of his. Auerbach on the other hand was a master class in outsmarting and manipulating other teams. Pat Riley still sleeps with one eye open!

Tags
store, survive, prices, pay, drive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.