Non Apple smart phone Question

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Non Apple smart phone Question

I would like to consider one of Samsung's new phones that are advertised as waterproof.....for my wife ().

Has anybody switched from iPhone to android? She is a non techie by choice. Has reasonable/fair skills with iPhone. Is there a very big difference operating wise from one the the other? Can it be said the android is apple like in it's user access? If you know apple does it help or hinder when going to android?

Are there as many apps for android?

And any other advice would be appreciated.

We have Verizon as our provider.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:03 AM
Gold member

since they are both app driven they are similar, as far as apps go there are thousands for android. there are operating system differences so there would be a short period of familiarization
Old 07-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
since they are both app driven they are similar, as far as apps go there are thousands for android. there are operating system differences so there would be a short period of familiarization
My wife has been considering the same thing. This information is helpful. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:40 AM
Veteran member

You could always stick with apple and buy a waterproof case like this one.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I would like to consider one of Samsung's new phones that are advertised as waterproof.....for my wife ().

Has anybody switched from iPhone to android? She is a non techie by choice. Has reasonable/fair skills with iPhone. Is there a very big difference operating wise from one the the other? Can it be said the android is apple like in it's user access? If you know apple does it help or hinder when going to android?

Are there as many apps for android?

And any other advice would be appreciated.

We have Verizon as our provider.
If she has lots of songs on her itunes I'm not sure if that will transfer over to android. Someone else might address that. It was what I was told by AT&T when I was considering making the change.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
If she has lots of songs on her itunes I'm not sure if that will transfer over to android. Someone else might address that. It was what I was told by AT&T when I was considering making the change.

Hmmmm. That is a complication.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:20 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
I have a samsung S6 & I also have lots of songs in Itunes.I can play all my music from Itunes on Google Play Music!!
Old 07-07-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Hmmmm. That is a complication.
Moving from Apple to Android shouldn't be a big deal anymore, except for minor familiarization noted earlier. iTunes library can easily transfer to other devices (phone, tablet) by cable with a PC as a host, or thru the cloud using an app like Google Play. Google Play is nice cause it actually acts as the "storage" device so music doesn't eat up storage space on your phone. Plus, you can access the same music libraries on multiple devices. Good luck!!
Old 07-07-2015, 12:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
I have a samsung S6 & I also have lots of songs in Itunes.I can play all my music from Itunes on Google Play Music!!
That's good to know. AT&T told me that I couldn't play my itunes songs on my Samsung and I had never investigated it. How would you transfer the songs. Is there a procedure you have to go through?
Old 07-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Best Buy has a Samsung Tech on staff. He will walk you thru the process.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-07-2015, 03:28 PM
Veteran member

I traded my iPhone for a Samsung Core and found the switch to be easy and effortless. I use all Apple computers and an ipad but the Samsung phone is very user friendly, not like the old android computers. I'd go for it.

LW888
Old 07-07-2015, 03:49 PM

There's an app for Android called DoubleTwist that pretty much replicates iTunes functionality. Here's a description

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...idPlayer&hl=en
--
bc
Old 07-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Sage

I didn't read all the posts. Does this help from Android Central? click here
Closed Thread

Tags
android, apple, iphone, access, user, hinder, appreciated, advice, verizon, provider, apps, skills, phones, advertised, waterproof, samsungs, phone, smart, question, wife, big, difference, operating, reasonable/fair, choice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.