Obama to seek congressional approval on Syria

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2013, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Obama to seek congressional approval on Syria

That's a step in the right direction! Also, need to wait for the report from the Inspectors who have been into Syria. Personally, I am against getting involved in this conflict ................. I believe it to be a no win situation.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-31-2013, 02:53 PM

I'm not so sure we should be waiting 9 days to have this debate. Congress should be ordered immediately to discuss this situation. It should have taken place immediately many days ago. This will give 9 days to Syria to hide weapons, etc... Anything can happen in 9 days and by delaying something so urgent, how does the world perceive our leadership now?

I think the President has boxed himself in a corner on this one.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,953 Times in 2,464 Posts

Go move by the demo's with many seats up for grabs next year make them stick their foot in there mouths with their votes so there will be no Monday morning Quarterbacking like the last two wars. IMO I don't think he can get the votes? As far as my opinion I don't think we need to be the world police anymore. IMO we need to get out of NATO, UN, Quit giving billions in foreign Aid till we can balance budget, Bring 90 % of all troops stationed overseas till we can Balance budget. Cease all wars till we have money to pay for them.. IMO time for someone in the region to step up to the plate. Course no batter's in that region give rats@zz what goes on in other countries but us. . By the way I am not repub or demo's. I think parties get in the road of will of the people due to party line voting. I am sure this will be zapped
Old 08-31-2013, 03:15 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy1581 View Post
I'm not so sure we should be waiting 9 days to have this debate. Congress should be ordered immediately to discuss this situation. It should have taken place immediately many days ago. This will give 9 days to Syria to hide weapons, etc... Anything can happen in 9 days and by delaying something so urgent, how does the world perceive our leadership now?

Congress can order itself into session at any time. There are some rumblings that the Senate will do just that, but no word from Speaker Boehner.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:17 PM
Sage

Pathetic - why wouldn't they just bring themselves back early.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:24 PM
Location: The Villages, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Memphis, Los Angeles, Boston, New York, Norfolk, Chicago.

The powers in place as well as the rebels are not friends of ours. Stay out of it. Let them settle their own crap. Enough already.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:29 PM

If we do NOTHING aren't we sending a signal to Syria, Iran, No Korea they are accountable to NO ONE?? Beware your enemies who no longer FEAR you and your allies who no longer support you.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:35 PM
Sage

Quote:

This dilly dallying around is exactly what went on in Iraq. While the UN inspectors were waiting....and waiting.....and waiting some more to come in thru the front door with Saddam's permission and red carpet, the WMD were going out the back door. DUH!!!!!!

Who gives their enemy so much notice of what, when, where, how long, how intense, etc.????

Or are the politicians purposely waiting 9 days, so the chemical weaponry in Syria CAN be moved, hauled out and hidden, so they can then say, "We're not going to attack because there were no WMD." The stink still rises from the hindsight claims of "no WMD in Iraq", so my bet is the politicians here are gambling on a chance to say there are none.....give themselves an out. It's all a game to these pols.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Sage

Obama may have been advised that more complex and intensive military intervention is needed than initially was apparent, requiring congressional approval to engage at that level.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Does anyone know exactly what congress will be asked to vote on ?
Old 08-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Obama may have been advised that more complex and intensive military intervention is needed than initially was apparent, requiring congressional approval to engage at that level.
Why are you so for our intervention?

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:20 PM

whether or not to give them a warning- sort of a pinprick type move
Old 08-31-2013, 04:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Why are you so for our intervention?

Z
https://www.facebook.com/the.children.of.syria

Click a few videos...
Old 08-31-2013, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
whether or not to give them a warning- sort of a pinprick type move
If that is what they will vote on....well, lets just say....the President said he does not need this authorization.....how specific will the resolution be...how can you vote for something so nebulous ? Is this simply to play more politics ?
Old 08-31-2013, 05:01 PM
Platinum member

To me this just seems to be wrong. We have NO business in another country's political unrest. Would anyone come to our aide if the North went against the South again? Hell no. We need to get a grip. We are hated and we need to stop being "big brother". Seems like we're setting up for another Vietnam.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.