OJ Simpson. Parole?

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2017, 02:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Rumor has it that he will be appointed ambassador to Southern California. [emoji6]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2017, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Actually, I find OJ's conviction, sentencing and now parole hearing very interesting.

There's an old saying: "You don't get justice in a court of law, you get law in a court of law".

It seems like the judge and jury in Nevada tried to hand out justice for the 1994 murders by overcharging and over sentencing OJ, since the law for similar offences would be much more lenient. Now, will the parole board go by the law, or rather usual parole standards, or try to continue to hand out justice for 1994???
Judges have a lot of leeway with sentencing in certain cases like with OJs.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

OJ Simpson granted parole for Las Vegas robbery - ABC News

Link to the story. The Nevada Parole Board did not take into account the matter of the double murders in Los Angeles IMHO.

O.J. Simpson Granted Parole: Media Figures, Hollywood Stars React | Hollywood Reporter

O.J. Simpson goes free: Live updates - CNN.com

O.J. Simpson granted parole after 9 years in prison - CNN.com

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-20-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:51 PM

Simpson requests returning to Florida, where he lived previously. I imagine his desired location would be much more elegant that anything near The Villages. He's had plenty of time, friends, and advice to easily avoid a life of mediocrity. Even with the Goldman award hanging over him, he's well-connected and will probably lead a lavish lifestyle wherever if he chooses.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
Simpson requests returning to Florida, where he lived previously. I imagine his desired location would be much more elegant that anything near The Villages. He's had plenty of time, friends, and advice to easily avoid a life of mediocrity. Even with the Goldman award hanging over him, he's well-connected and will probably lead a lavish lifestyle wherever if he chooses.
Maybe he could do the reverse snowbird thing and winter with Dennis Rodman in Pyongyang----or is that a reverse jailbird????
Old 07-20-2017, 05:30 PM

I would welcome him as my neighbor the same as I would any murder suspect that was found innocent.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

Maybe he'd be a 3.9 in Pickelball
Old 07-20-2017, 05:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybye View Post
I would welcome him as my neighbor the same as I would any murder suspect that was found innocent.
Maybe he will hook up with Casey Anthony and you can throw them a housewarming party.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
He has been paroled!

Not until October. He has to walk the straight and narrow until then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-20-2017, 07:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Actually, I find OJ's conviction, sentencing and now parole hearing very interesting.

There's an old saying: "You don't get justice in a court of law, you get law in a court of law".

It seems like the judge and jury in Nevada tried to hand out justice for the 1994 murders by overcharging and over sentencing OJ, since the law for similar offences would be much more lenient. Now, will the parole board go by the law, or rather usual parole standards, or try to continue to hand out justice for 1994???

I lived in Las Vegas when this trial occurred. If it wasn't for the armed robbery portion of the crime he would probably would have gotten off very lightly. I, and others, believe the judge took him to the wall because of the murder of his ex-wife.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post

His home in Kendall FL sold this past Tuesday for $755K. And then he has his NFL pension of $19K per month. I'm not sure about the house proceeds, but I do know his pension cannot be touched. The Goldmans have repeated been rebuffed about that.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:56 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybye View Post
Being found innocent, especially under the circus of a trial he went through is very different than actually being innocent in fact. Remember the Goldmans won.

OJ is a murderer, a dirtbag.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-20-2017, 09:11 PM
Platinum member

Let's see 9 years for an armed robbery and two murders. Got off easy !!!!
Old 07-20-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
Personally, I believe OJ got away with murder. OJ was able to hire and I assume pay for an unbelievable defense team.
The prosecutors were way mismatched by OJ's defense team.

BUT, OJ received his lengthy jail term for a crime where no one was injured by people like me who thought he got away with murder. OJ has served 10 years for a crime where others would have gotten away with a slap on the wrist or a year. We cannot, we should not try to penalize OJ for a crime that he probably did commit but was found NOT GUILTY. OJ should be paroled.

Just like Berkowitz, the police will be watching him and every traffics violation etc will be public news. So much for my, in this case liberal??? view. I SURE HOPE HE IS NOT LOOKING IN THE VILLAGES-CALIF IS NOT FAR ENOUGH AWAY-HAWAII-PERHAPS.
Well said. I agree but also don't like it.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:31 AM
Veteran member

Yikes, that Hertz!

Last edited by SFSkol; 07-21-2017 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Number 1
Closed Thread

Tags
simpson, law, craig, parole, graduating

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.